New Boston Glenwood Lady Tigers

Onthefence
Freshman Team

Re: New Boston Glenwood Lady Tigers

Post by Onthefence »

I think they actually now have 2 girls from west and two girls from east. Feel kinda bad for the NB girls who lost playing time. But hey its all about the W.

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

Onthefence wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:42 am I think they actually now have 2 girls from west and two girls from east. Feel kinda bad for the NB girls who lost playing time. But hey its all about the W.
Yes the 2 from West are the older girl's younger sisters. She worked with their dad and got them to follow her to NB

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Had to be agonizing to watch this game. But people pay to watch the Harlem Globetrotters. Hopefully they pulled the old “fake water bucket trick”.

burgpirater
Riding the Bench

Post by burgpirater »

wow that is not a good look for NB

Onthefence
Freshman Team

Post by Onthefence »

You reap what you sow

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

Just saw on Yahoo sports that a team defeated another team 102-0. Are these coaches delusional or think this helps either team?

Wonder if New Boston spoke with their coach and explained to her the right way to win a game...

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Preppy wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:02 am Ridiculous is correct. If you cannot coach with respect then the Administration needs to step in & do something. These are 15-16 - 17 year old girls. They do not need humiliated. What does that prove? And to say that she subbed, okay. Big deal. Use this time to teach the girls. Pass, pass, pass, work the offense. Not a shot goes up until after you have went thru the offensive set more than a time or two. This leads to not running up the score while at the same time getting practice for your team. I do not care what anyone says, this is total disrespect for the game. I do not know this coach, know nothing about them. But to show the complete lack of respect for the game like this tells me that they should not be on a court coaching.

Agreed Preppy!

Absolutely NO PLACE in high school sports for this type of behavior. Total disrespect for the game and your opponents. There is no pride in treating either in the manner that New Boston has treated the game.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

js7_22 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:07 am Just saw on Yahoo sports that a team defeated another team 102-0. Are these coaches delusional or think this helps either team?

Wonder if New Boston spoke with their coach and explained to her the right way to win a game...
In Montana....Froid-Medicine Lake Redhawks.....102.....Brooklyn High Warriors 00
It was one of those schools where grade didn't matter who played. Brooklyn was without 5 players and they played some 8th graders and 9th graders.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Minford 8th grade was still bombing 3's and running up close to 50 points Monday. They got to 68 points and they were pressing under 30 seconds to go trying to score 70.

As far as New Boston. Doesn't surprise me. From what I've seen most of the stuff in these posts is correct and I'm really surprised the OHSAA didn't ask some questions. In those situations the only ones that pays are the kids but there was some shady things that went on.

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Who coaches NB ? Did I read its the lady that was at West 3-4 years ago ?

reds4life
Waterboy

Post by reds4life »

Westfan wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:04 pm Minford 8th grade was still bombing 3's and running up close to 50 points Monday. They got to 68 points and they were pressing under 30 seconds to go trying to score 70.

As far as New Boston. Doesn't surprise me. From what I've seen most of the stuff in these posts is correct and I'm really surprised the OHSAA didn't ask some questions. In those situations the only ones that pays are the kids but there was some shady things that went on.
Who were Minford 8th grade playing?

turnover
Waterboy

Post by turnover »

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

New Boston Glenwood 56
Clay 49

Overtime

It was a hard fought win over an excellent Clay Lady Panthers team! Clay led at the first stop 15-12 and at the half 22-20. The Lady Tigers took the led after 3 at 37-36. Down by 5 points with about three minutes to go in regulation, New Boston rallied to tie the score at 46 all to send to overtime.
The Lady Tigers prevailed in the overtime 56-49. NB, now 4-0 overall and 3-0 in conference, awaits the Lady Indians of Valley on Saturday. Congrats!

Nut
Riding the Bench

Post by Nut »

Cry me a river

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Work the offense? Why didn't east work the defense?

Sounds like NB worked the offense for 97
Subs shouldn't go out there and not score

Swanker out

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

New Boston Glenwood 63
Valley 49

New Boston started out sluggish and fell behind the non conference foe Valley. The Indians led after 1 at 13-7. The Lady Tigers took the lead at the end of the half at 24-20 and led the rest of the way. After 3 it was 41-36 and then the final 63-49. This game was a lot closer than the score indicates. New Boston has two home games this week with Green on Monday the 11th and the Eagles of Eastern Pike on Thursday the 14th. The Lady Tigers improve to 5-0 overall and 3-0 in conference.

Valley won the JV game 34-29.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

New Boston Glenwood 60
Green 17

The Lady Tigers go to 6-0, 5-0 with the win over the Green Lady Bobcats tonight. After one it was 12-4, at the half 35-5, after 3 was 48-10. NB hosts Eastern Pike on Thursday the 14th.

Green won the JV game in two quarters 19-7.

ColdHardTruth
JV Team

Post by ColdHardTruth »

Got to watch them take on Green. I was expecting another 97-7ish game. At times I wasn't sure if I was at New Boston or Sciotoville football with all the transfers.

Coach did a good job of subbing once it was secure. What she has though is a team full of scorers. So when she subs there's usually always 2 scorers on the floor and they do all the scoring. Very little bench contribution and actual offense. Just line up and beat the girl across from you one on one and they can do it.
Works well with the Greens and Easts. We will see how it works with more talented teams to come.

On a side note, Greens jv dominated New Boston in a 2qtr match. So unless there's another herd of girls conveniently moving into town , this is their window.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

I'll wait for the New Boston vs Notre Dame game to decide if NB is the real deal or just mediocre...

REFEREE11
Riding the Bench

Post by REFEREE11 »

New Boston is not a mediocre team at all. They are a good team all around. ND will give them a run for their money. Just never know who shows up to play. I have seen both teams play. New Boston has some strong girls that can battle. ND hasn't had a tough game yet to know. It will come down to who shows up that night.

Return to “Girls Basketball”