New Boston Glenwood Lady Tigers

a_c_m
SEOPS H

New Boston Glenwood Lady Tigers

Post by a_c_m »

New Boston 72 Western 23

NB led at all stops...............15-3, 41-4, 57-11 and the final 72-23 to open the season and conference play. Good job Ladies..........all ten of you had a lot of playing time! Clay defeated East tonight 68-19.
Last edited by a_c_m on Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Re: New Boston Glenwood Lady Tigers

Post by a_c_m »

a_c_m wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:56 pm New Boston 72 Western 23

NB led at all stops...............15-3, 41-4, 57-11 and the final 72-23 to open the season and conference play. Good job Ladies..........all ten of you had a lot of playing time! The Lady Tigers travel up to Symmes Valley 11/30 to play the Vikings and are at South Point on 12/2 to meet the Pointers. NB returns home to host East 12/4 and hit the road at Clay on 12/7. Symmes Valley defeated Eastern Pike 63-48 while Clay beat East 71-19 tonight.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

New Boston 69 Symmes Valley 42

The Lady Tigers go to 2-0 on the season and in the conference. NB travels back up to Lawrence Co to play the South Point Pointers on Saturday.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

The game at South Point on Saturday was postponed.

The Lady Tigers host East tonight.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

The Lady Tigers won over East tonight 97-7. NB improves to 3-0 in conference and overall play. The Lady Tigers are at Clay on Thursday and at home with Valley on Saturday the 9th.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

Proved a lot tonight. Sorry but 97-7 is ridiculous. Congrats Nee Boston coach, you proved one thing...

catdog
Waterboy

Post by catdog »

Coach proved she has 9 (one starter was not there) girls who will all give 110% on the court just like they do in practice and what you would expect each player to do in a game. Coach played all her players. Each player on her team is ready to play when put into the game. They are not just going to stop playing and not hustle. Congratulations Ladies! Continue to play hard. Good luck on Thursday at Clay.

Onthefence
Freshman Team

Post by Onthefence »

Karma.

Preppy
Waterboy

Post by Preppy »

Ridiculous is correct. If you cannot coach with respect then the Administration needs to step in & do something. These are 15-16 - 17 year old girls. They do not need humiliated. What does that prove? And to say that she subbed, okay. Big deal. Use this time to teach the girls. Pass, pass, pass, work the offense. Not a shot goes up until after you have went thru the offensive set more than a time or two. This leads to not running up the score while at the same time getting practice for your team. I do not care what anyone says, this is total disrespect for the game. I do not know this coach, know nothing about them. But to show the complete lack of respect for the game like this tells me that they should not be on a court coaching.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

Preppy wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:02 am Ridiculous is correct. If you cannot coach with respect then the Administration needs to step in & do something. These are 15-16 - 17 year old girls. They do not need humiliated. What does that prove? And to say that she subbed, okay. Big deal. Use this time to teach the girls. Pass, pass, pass, work the offense. Not a shot goes up until after you have went thru the offensive set more than a time or two. This leads to not running up the score while at the same time getting practice for your team. I do not care what anyone says, this is total disrespect for the game. I do not know this coach, know nothing about them. But to show the complete lack of respect for the game like this tells me that they should not be on a court coaching.
Very well said Preppy.

To catdog: she does have 9 players, most teams have a bench, that's why you use them. Not leave in some starters the entire game and put Hamilton back in with 2 minutes to go trying to hit 100 points.

It's embarrassing for the girls and should be embarrassing for New Boston. Just as Preppy stated, you run through your offenses and pass, pass, pass. It's easy to run out the clock, but NB and the coach chose the other road.

Congrats to the coach on the win, you are #1 in your own book.

catdog
Waterboy

Post by catdog »

She did use her bench. Where was the complaining when Clay beat East 71 to 19, or Clay beat Green 70 to 12 or how about Notre Dame beating Western 72 to 25? Just wondering.

captaintrojan
Waterboy

Post by captaintrojan »

BUT THE SCORE WAS 97-7

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

catdog wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:20 am She did use her bench. Where was the complaining when Clay beat East 71 to 19, or Clay beat Green 70 to 12 or how about Notre Dame beating Western 72 to 25? Just wondering.
Clay and Notre Dame didn't leave in two starters and re-enter one of their best players with 2 minutes left in the game to hit the century mark. She has a JV team, why not bring up players from it to play? Would be good experience for the younger girls.
And do not say, that the varsity needed experience, because that doesn't fly. You play your Varsity for one half and the let the younger girls play in the 2nd.

This is where I'm coming from. I'll bet ND and Clay both played younger girls and attempted to keep the score down, unlike NB would purposely leaves two starters in AND puts a starter back in to try and hit 100.

Why is this so difficult to see? There are ways to control the score without making a team look even worse. Other sports do it all the time, run the ball in football to keep the clock running, base to base running in baseball to hopefully eliminate scoring, passing in soccer. The list goes on and on. Sorry, but what she did is embarrassing, not applaudable.

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

Yikes. This is bad.

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

Girl's Hoops Team Regrets 100-0 Blowout Win - ABC News - http://abcnews.go.com/WN/story?id=6716957&page=1

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

I doubt she regrets anything...

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

This is disgraceful. Yes, we all know East girls program is way, way, WAY down. But Mr. Bob Johnson (the coach) is a good person and simply took the job trying his best to teach the game to a group of girls who lack talent severely. He's a great role model for the kids and will lead by example.

The New Boston coach could have easily instituted a "10 passes before you can shoot" rule, something I've seen coaches do in the past in similar situations. I totally understand wanting all your kids to play hard in all aspects, but this goes way beyond that. This could have been used as an opportunity for the coach to attempt and execute all their plays, perhaps putting players in different positions they're not comfortable with in hopes of grasping plays from multiple positions.

This could have been used as an opportunity to teach players to show respect to all opponents, even those drastically inferior.

Yes, we all know New Boston could beat East by 90-100 points if they tried..... but what's the point in trying? What did that accomplish?

Disgraceful. Shameful. All of New Boston should be disgusted by the actions of their coach.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:51 am This is disgraceful. Yes, we all know East girls program is way, way, WAY down. But Mr. Bob Johnson (the coach) is a good person and simply took the job trying his best to teach the game to a group of girls who lack talent severely. He's a great role model for the kids and will lead by example.

The New Boston coach could have easily instituted a "10 passes before you can shoot" rule, something I've seen coaches do in the past in similar situations. I totally understand wanting all your kids to play hard in all aspects, but this goes way beyond that. This could have been used as an opportunity for the coach to attempt and execute all their plays, perhaps putting players in different positions they're not comfortable with in hopes of grasping plays from multiple positions.

This could have been used as an opportunity to teach players to show respect to all opponents, even those drastically inferior.

Yes, we all know New Boston could beat East by 90-100 points if they tried..... but what's the point in trying? What did that accomplish?

Disgraceful. Shameful. All of New Boston should be disgusted by the actions of their coach.
Someone else gets it. Thank you

ColdHardTruth
JV Team

Post by ColdHardTruth »

I agree with this 100% There's always ways to work on execution and hustle without putting 97 on an opponent.

I always enjoy it when a school and coach forgets their playing with a "once a every ten years or so team" and pulls stuff like this. It's all fun and games until a couple seasons down the road and they are the ones who ate WAY WAY WAY down. But who knows, Maybe East pulled this a few seasons ago and this way pay back.

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

Doesn't surprise me. Didn’t East's best player just transfer to NB?

This is the same coach that after she left West for NB, had the older Oiler girl that graduated two years ago living at her house to get her and her two younger sisters eligible until their dad found an apartment so they wouldn't have to sit out.

We'll see how she runs the score up after all those seniors graduate this year. Karma.

Return to “Girls Basketball”