New Boston Glenwood Lady Tigers

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Re: New Boston Glenwood Lady Tigers

Post by a_c_m »

New Boston Glenwood 63
Valley 49

New Boston started out sluggish and fell behind the non conference foe Valley. The Indians led after 1 at 13-7. The Lady Tigers took the lead at the end of the half at 24-20 and led the rest of the way. After 3 it was 41-36 and then the final 63-49. This game was a lot closer than the score indicates. New Boston has two home games this week with Green on Monday the 11th and the Eagles of Eastern Pike on Thursday the 14th. The Lady Tigers improve to 5-0 overall and 3-0 in conference.

Valley won the JV game 34-29.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

New Boston Glenwood 60
Green 17

The Lady Tigers go to 6-0, 5-0 with the win over the Green Lady Bobcats tonight. After one it was 12-4, at the half 35-5, after 3 was 48-10. NB hosts Eastern Pike on Thursday the 14th.

Green won the JV game in two quarters 19-7.

ColdHardTruth
JV Team

Post by ColdHardTruth »

Got to watch them take on Green. I was expecting another 97-7ish game. At times I wasn't sure if I was at New Boston or Sciotoville football with all the transfers.

Coach did a good job of subbing once it was secure. What she has though is a team full of scorers. So when she subs there's usually always 2 scorers on the floor and they do all the scoring. Very little bench contribution and actual offense. Just line up and beat the girl across from you one on one and they can do it.
Works well with the Greens and Easts. We will see how it works with more talented teams to come.

On a side note, Greens jv dominated New Boston in a 2qtr match. So unless there's another herd of girls conveniently moving into town , this is their window.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

I'll wait for the New Boston vs Notre Dame game to decide if NB is the real deal or just mediocre...

REFEREE11
Riding the Bench

Post by REFEREE11 »

New Boston is not a mediocre team at all. They are a good team all around. ND will give them a run for their money. Just never know who shows up to play. I have seen both teams play. New Boston has some strong girls that can battle. ND hasn't had a tough game yet to know. It will come down to who shows up that night.

seopcommenter
Riding the Bench
Location: i like to back my statemints up with historical factoids

Post by seopcommenter »

run the score up

kids our to soft now need to built up the tirst for vengemce and that only happen if u get ur but beet on ocasion

go glen wood

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

New Boston Glenwood 87
Eastern Pike 27

Lady Tigers are 7-0 overall and 6-0 in conference. Next up for NB is a road game at Notre Dame on Monday. Should be a good one!

Lady Eagles won the JV game.

BiddyBallDaddy
Freshman Team

Post by BiddyBallDaddy »

seopcommenter wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:42 pm run the score up

kids our to soft now need to built up the tirst for vengemce and that only happen if u get ur but beet on ocasion

go glen wood
Oh wow, crawl back into your hole.

1. What does running the score up on a team do?
2. Your grammar, holy crap...
3. Your spelling, negates anything you say in this post or any post in the future.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

REFEREE11 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:39 pm New Boston is not a mediocre team at all. They are a good team all around. ND will give them a run for their money. Just never know who shows up to play. I have seen both teams play. New Boston has some strong girls that can battle. ND hasn't had a tough game yet to know. It will come down to who shows up that night.

They are mediocre until they beat someone worth noting. Never know who shows up? Good teams show up to play each game and beating teams such as winless East, Green, and 1 win Valley, is hardly brag worthy.

To say ND will give them a run for their money may be a stretch. ND has proven each year they are the team to beat, and until then, I believe it should be said, New Boston will give them a run for their money.

New Boston has a good start to their season by beating up on winless teams to beat their chest. Like I said, beat good teams and we can talk. Until then, be humble...

REFEREE11
Riding the Bench

Post by REFEREE11 »

js7_22 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:08 am
REFEREE11 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:39 pm New Boston is not a mediocre team at all. They are a good team all around. ND will give them a run for their money. Just never know who shows up to play. I have seen both teams play. New Boston has some strong girls that can battle. ND hasn't had a tough game yet to know. It will come down to who shows up that night.

They are mediocre until they beat someone worth noting. Never know who shows up? Good teams show up to play each game and beating teams such as winless East, Green, and 1 win Valley, is hardly brag worthy.

To say ND will give them a run for their money may be a stretch. ND has proven each year they are the team to beat, and until then, I believe it should be said, New Boston will give them a run for their money.

New Boston has a good start to their season by beating up on winless teams to beat their chest. Like I said, beat good teams and we can talk. Until then, be humble...
New Boston beat Clay and they are a great team. I don't have a dog in this fight. I see a lot of the teams play and just stating what my thoughts are. Speaking of being humble is interesting.

Pantherfan
Freshman Team

Post by Pantherfan »

I've seen both teams play and I think it will be a good game. Notre Dame has the best post offense in the league and make it tough to score in the paint. New Boston is also a very big team with 3-4 girls in the 6 foot range but one of them plays the guard position mostly and one doesn't see a lot of playing time. Other than Hamilton, New Boston is not as good in the post as Notre Dame. At guard, Notre Dame is small, very quick and can shoot and pass as well as any team. Likewise for New Boston, Buckley (sp) is the same, small, very quick, great passer and can get to the rack. The other guards for NB are very big, not as fast but can shoot lights out and Helpenstine (sp) can use her size to back the smaller defensive players into the paint and get to the rim. I think Notre Dame also has a slight edge at guard because of the speed and quickness of their guards.

New Boston did beat Clay in overtime in a comeback win where Clay was up 5 with about a minute and a half left. Clay blew the lead and game at the free throw line while New Boston took care of business. Hats off to the Tigers for that it was a quality win against a good team. Notre Dame has dominated Clay the past few years but I don't think that means they will dominate NB. The NB VS ND games have been close the past couple seasons. I'm anxious to see if Clay can be more competitive this Saturday at Notre Dame with a new coach and more experience. They will still be undersized and have a tough time in the post but we will see if the outcome is different (i hope so).

I hope to be able to make it to at least one of the New Boston VS Notre Dame games this season because I think there are some very good matchups in this one. Helpenstine/L. Smith, Hamilton/Detwiller, Buckley/any of the ND guards. Should be a lot of fun to watch.

Lastly, until somebody knocks them off, Notre Dame should be everybody's pick to win the league. Hopefully all of these games are competitive and nobody gets hurt.

Pantherfan
Freshman Team

Post by Pantherfan »

Notre Dame 69. Clay 30. The matchups are very tough for Clay in this one.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

The Notre Dame Lady Titans will host the New Boston Glenwood Lady Tigers on Monday the 18th. Both teams are 7-0 overall and 6-0 in league play. The winner takes the early lead in the conference as the first half of league play ends Monday. Good Luck to both teams! Should be a full house for this one!

BiddyBallDaddy
Freshman Team

Post by BiddyBallDaddy »

I’ll take Mediocre for $1000 Alex Trebek. Sounds like ND gave them a run for their money for sure.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Notre Dame Lady Titans 77
New Boston Glenwood Tigers 47

This game was played before a full house at Notre Dame. The Lady Titans led at all stops, 24-9, 43-18, 60-28 and the final 77-47. ND has an excellent team and will be hard to beat this year! The Lady Tigers continue on the road this Thursday as they travel to Western Pike on the 21st. Notre Dame goes to Green on Thursday and returns home with the Eastern Eagles of Meigs County. The Lady Titans improve to 8-0 overall and 7-0 in league play, while NB drops their first game of the year to stand at 7-1 an 6-1. Congrats ND! Lady Tigers prepare for Western.

Notre Dame won the JV game 42-9.

REFEREE11
Riding the Bench

Post by REFEREE11 »

BiddyBallDaddy wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:08 pm
I’ll take Mediocre for $1000 Alex Trebek. Sounds like ND gave them a run for their money for sure.
Yes they did...That's what I said... ND will give them a run for their money!!

captaintrojan
Waterboy

Post by captaintrojan »

The Lady Titans dominated from start to finish. New Boston had nothing for Notre Dame's post players a long with the Titans scrappy defense.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

New Boston's game tonight at Western Pike has been postponed. The Lady Tigers next play at Belpre (5-2) on Friday the 29th.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

a_c_m wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:10 pm The Lady Tigers won over East tonight 97-7. NB improves to 3-0 in conference and overall play. The Lady Tigers are at Clay on Thursday and at home with Valley on Saturday the 9th.
What a freaking joke. Pass the ball around a little, run some clock. Classless

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

New Boston (7-1) hits the long road to Belpre (6-3) tonight for a non conference game. Good Luck Lady Tigers!

Return to “Girls Basketball”