Hathaway Brown @ Miami Trace 12/20

MTRay23
Freshman Team

Hathaway Brown @ Miami Trace 12/20

Post by MTRay23 »

In a rematch of last year's DII state semi-final, Miami Trace got a little revenge by beating HB 63-39 last night at the Panther Pit. MT started the game with an 11-0 run and finished the 1st qtr ahead 17-9. the 2nd qtr was played pretty much even with MT outscoring HB 13-10, taking a 30-19 lead into the locker room. The 3rd qtr was even in the scoring with each team tallying 11 points with MT leading 41-30. HB cut the lead to 7 in the fourth before MT went on a 17 point run to closeout the game. The Lady Panthers have another big game tonight taking on Southeastern. I'll be interested to see if there will be any kind of hangover tonight vs SE, because MT had been looking forward to the rematch with HB since they lost in the state semis last year, in a game MT should've won IMO. I wish the game tonight was on radio somewhere. Why don't any of these stations around here cover these kind of matchups? just like last night's game with Unioto and WCH.

Scoring for the Lady Panthers:
Shaylee McDonald 20
Victoria Fliehman 13
Cassidy Lovett 12
Tanner Bryant 10
Becca Ratliff 3
Morgan Miller 3

KRS
JV Team

Re: Hathaway Brown @ Miami Trace 12/20

Post by KRS »

That is a nice win. Miami Trace was the best team I watched this summer and well coached , I would be surprised if they struggled with Southeastern. SE does have the best player I have watched the last few years but struggle with depth and still searching for a consistant second scorer. They have different kids stepping up each night. I would love to see the SE Panthers upset the MT panthers again this year but they would have to play a near perfect game. Best of luck to both teams .

SEFan
JV Team

Post by SEFan »

That is a great win! Was told MT controlled this one from start to finish.

I’m with KRS on this one. SE would have to play their best game and then some to pull off this one, even with a possible MT hangover.

But... “games aren’t played on paper.”

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Miami Trace 50
Southeastern 46
It was a great game to watch , Miami Trace has a lot of weapons and a great team, came down to the final seconds, Skeens from Southeastern played extremely well and made it interesting.

Return to “Girls Basketball”