Freshman Team

Miami Trace @ Southeastern 12/21

Post by MTRay23 »

if anybody has updates, please post'em

se-alum
All Conference

Re: Miami Trace @ Southeastern 12/21

Post by se-alum »

50-46 Miami Trace wins. Actually a little surprised SE kept it that close. They're still struggling to find that 2nd scorer. Looks like Ella had a great game(27pts, 9reb) against a good defensive team. McKinley Mitten has to step up for SE to have a chance to beat Unioto for the conference crown and make a deep tournament run.

Side note: Taylar Slaughter is having a very nice freshman year for Cambridge. Had SE not inexplicably non-renewed her dad as varsity basketball coach, she would have been a great compliment to Skeens.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Kept it close?? I was surprised as well with the score but They had the lead with under 2minutes to play. Had the ball down 2 with under 20 seconds, just couldn’t make the play late to win the game. Great effort by both teams.
The more I watch this SE team the more I like them just fell short last night against a very good team. Collins has been scoring around 8-10 a game latey and is becoming that second scorer but more importantly plays nice D. If they play with the intensity I saw last night and Skeens keeps scoring with the efficiency she has been( which is impressive the way teams key on her) They will win their league.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

KRS wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:25 am Kept it close?? I was surprised as well with the score but They had the lead with under 2minutes to play. Had the ball down 2 with under 20 seconds, just couldn’t make the play late to win the game. Great effort by both teams.
The more I watch this SE team the more I like them just fell short last night against a very good team. Collins has been scoring around 8-10 a game latey and is becoming that second scorer but more importantly plays nice D. If they play with the intensity I saw last night and Skeens keeps scoring with the efficiency she has been( which is impressive the way teams key on her) They will win their league.
I wasn't able to make it to the game, so I was just looking at the final score and the box score. Would've been a huge win had they been able to hold on. IMO, SE needs that 2nd scorer to be up around 12-14ppg to beat Unioto. We'll see, should be a couple great games when those teams get together!

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Agreed it would help, Unioto is not Miami Trace. SE will have to keep playing well, hopefully it's a good match up, I would also love to see them play some of their size against these better teams. May be the difference between winning and losing . Haven’t yet and are 1-2 in those games, with another toss up game tomorrow that could go either way.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Wonder if she got the call?

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

se-alum wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:55 pm Image

Wonder if she got the call?
Coach said “to face guard her”. ;-)

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Another good test for SE today with Lynchburg Clay coming in.

Return to “Girls Basketball”