Minford at Wheelersburg

Concessionlady
Freshman Team

Minford at Wheelersburg

Post by Concessionlady »

What is the thoughts on this game this evening Minford playing at Wheelersburg?

Concessionlady
Freshman Team

Re: Minford at Wheelersburg

Post by Concessionlady »

This should be a good one!

Burg_10
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg_10 »

Should be a good game but Minford's size will remain a problem for Wheelersburg to contend with. Minford took the first one in a close matchup and both teams are playing pretty well right now. I think Burg jumps out well early and Minford fights back to take a small lead into the half but Burg finds a way in the second half and wins by a basket or two. 48-44 Burg and gives Minford their first conference loss.

REFEREE11
Riding the Bench

Post by REFEREE11 »

I'll admit I had Minford all the way. Burg is giving them a good game.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

rxburgfan wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:47 pm What is the deal with the 6’3” girl only playing JV for Minford? Can’t believe there isn’t a spot at least on the bench for her at Varsity. Minford played well enough to win but they do a lot of standing around. Daniels payed well tonight for Falcons and Darnell played well for Burg.
Because kids always get so much better by sitting on a bench.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

What was score?
6 3 girl is not fast enough for varsity right now.

Lovetheroundball
Riding the Bench

Post by Lovetheroundball »

wobycat wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:52 am What was score?
Minford 53. Burg 42.
For a 6'3" freshman looks like she moves plenty well enough for Varsity. We would love to have her at Burg if Minford can't use her :lol: :lol:

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Lovetheroundball wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:00 am
wobycat wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:52 am What was score?
Minford 53. Burg 42.
For a 6'3" freshman looks like she moves plenty well enough for Varsity. We would love to have her at Burg if Minford can't use her :lol: :lol:
She’s as fast as starting post player. And yes looks like falcons have too many tall girls. Burg looking for someone over 5’ something....and you can play both JV and Varsity contrary to post above mentioning sitting the bench.

SCOH
Riding the Bench

Post by SCOH »

6’3” Freshmen has to get stronger, Blankenship had 11-15 rebounds. Also mad to work to hold her position on the blocks against Burg girls as well as other teams. She will get stronger that will come. Needs to learn to shoot without 2 hands on the back of the ball. But she will learn she is growing into that frame. Also we all ain’t at practice. Just has potential and worth tracking cause she is 6’3”.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

SCOH wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:26 am 6’3” Freshmen has to get stronger, Blankenship had 11-15 rebounds. Also mad to work to hold her position on the blocks against Burg girls as well as other teams. She will get stronger that will come. Needs to learn to shoot without 2 hands on the back of the ball. But she will learn she is growing into that frame. Also we all ain’t at practice. Just has potential and worth tracking cause she is 6’3”.
I’ve always said, you can’t teach size. The rest of that can be learned.

SCBC Basketball
Riding the Bench

Post by SCBC Basketball »

smurray wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:19 pm
SCOH wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:26 am 6’3” Freshmen has to get stronger, Blankenship had 11-15 rebounds. Also mad to work to hold her position on the blocks against Burg girls as well as other teams. She will get stronger that will come. Needs to learn to shoot without 2 hands on the back of the ball. But she will learn she is growing into that frame. Also we all ain’t at practice. Just has potential and worth tracking cause she is 6’3”.
I’ve always said, you can’t teach size. The rest of that can be learned

SCBC Basketball
Riding the Bench

Post by SCBC Basketball »

smurray wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:19 pm
I’ve always said, you can’t teach size. The rest of that can be learned.
Still gotta Be Strong. I see a lot of 6’ Plus kids who just play cause they are 6’ doesn’t mean they are good.

She will be fine as she matures into her size. At every level Strength becomes more important just as much as skill. I have seen smaller kids shut down bigger kids cause of strength and speed. But wat do I know. Lol

I will add I like the potential that is there. If the work is put in.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

rxburgfan wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:47 pm What is the deal with the 6’3” girl only playing JV for Minford? Can’t believe there isn’t a spot at least on the bench for her at Varsity. Minford played well enough to win but they do a lot of standing around. Daniels payed well tonight for Falcons and Darnell played well for Burg.

I ask the same question about the team I follow . You must be loaded if you can't find a place for a 6''3" kid to at least contribute a few minutes a game . Even if you don't score a point you can influence the game by changing shots on the defensive end and rebounding , especially in the league I am talking about .

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Blankenship also never left the floor the whole game. This was not a problem, but what if she would get into foul trouble? I would think having the freshman on the varsity bench to give a couple sub minutes or to be there "just in case" there was foul trouble wouldn't hurt anything.

Jar
Waterboy

Post by Jar »

So let me get this straight. Minford is currently 12-0 and we want to debate a freshman player that hasn’t been given a varsity uniform? Minford is loaded with long, strong, physical players that killed us on the boards. Just because she’s 6’3” doesn’t mean she’s automatically ready for varsity.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I'm surprised Wheelersburg isn't actively recruiting her yet lol.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:45 pm I'm surprised Wheelersburg isn't actively recruiting her yet lol.
who says we aren't :shock: :shock: :shock:

SCOH
Riding the Bench

Post by SCOH »

4thgoal wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:14 am
Blankenship also never left the floor the whole game. This was not a problem, but what if she would get into foul trouble? I would think having the freshman on the varsity bench to give a couple sub minutes or to be there "just in case" there was foul trouble wouldn't hurt anything.
You have a 6' sophomore coming off the bench and her sister 5'9 kid who works hard. Like I said she has a lot of upside, but throwing her to the wolves when she isn't ready doesn't benefit. And are any of us at practice? I am sure that if she was showing she deserved in practice she would be up there. You cant coach height, but you still have to be able to play, and hold your own. and they are 12-0.

Return to “Girls Basketball”