Southeastern and Unioto Co SVC Champions

bsee12345
Varsity

Southeastern and Unioto Co SVC Champions

Post by bsee12345 »

Unioto breaks Southeastern's 40 game SVC winning streak with a 49-46 win. Both finish the SVC league play at 13-1. Congratulations to both teams on a great game and Co Championship

se-alum
All Conference

Re: Southeastern and Unioto Co SVC Champions

Post by se-alum »

Hell of a run by the Panthers. We been blessed to watch probably the best player in SVC girls basketball history for the last 4 years. Looking forward to see what Skeens can do at the next level. I know Dayton is really looking forward to her arrival.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Amazing run by Southeastern. Skeens is a heckuva player and has some really good teammates too. Excited to see how Skeens does at UD.

Proud of Unioto for their effort and heart last night, especially after the slow start. Awesome for a Senior to hit that big shot too.

Hopefully both are able to navigate difficult Tournament environments and continue their seasons for a bit more.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

I do not envy Unioto's tourney path. That is a monster district.

Sid Farkus
Freshman Team

Post by Sid Farkus »

I heard Unioto coach Jeff Miller say the fans got their money's worth. I certainly did not feel I got my money's worth. This was a slugfest that slightly resembled a basketball game. SE shot 27% from the field and Unioto shot 32% from the field. These are the 2 best teams in the league! They are capable of shooting much better than that. The field goal percentage represents how rough the game was allowed to be played. Having said that, I'd like to congratulate both teams on great seasons!

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

The two top area defenses in a pressure packed game. Was pretty much what most expected I think.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

When you have two teams that play good defense it is very likely the shooting percentage will be down.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

When your top scorer goes 5-23 , and is shooting over 50 % from the field on the season against every defensive scheme imaginable and the rest of the team shot the same %, I felt fortunate that we had the lead late with a chance to win the game, you can't be to upset with the outcome. Unioto made the plays late to get the win. Congrats .
The crazy stat was probably the 15 jump ball calls, over half were on shots. For both teams . looked like basketball in the 1980s. With a jump ball every other possession.

Sid Farkus
Freshman Team

Post by Sid Farkus »

noreply66 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:42 am When you have two teams that play good defense it is very likely the shooting percentage will be down.
That was not the reason why both teams shot such a poor percentage. The reason was that it was a brawl out there on the court. I don't enjoy watching games like that and I would guess the girls don't enjoy playing that way as much, either. I will give Unioto credit, though. They made the necessary adjustments and adapted to the way the game was being called, or not called, in this case. Southeastern had their chances and didn't capitalize on them.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Never did like jungle ball....[out of control about anything goes]

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

Return to “Girls Basketball”