Re: Top 5 Girls to play at your school.

Post by KRS »

Southeastern(Ross)
Ella Skeens. University of Dayton
Mandy Stanhope. Ohio State university
Kelly Downs. Morehead State university
Kim Barker. Canisius.
Julie Fairchild. Lee university

1986 - state runner up team with Kelly Downs and two six footers. One was SVC P.O.Y. IN 87, the other a state champ in track and all big ten performer at The Ohio State university, to go along with a couple nice role players, just fell short in the finals

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson

1. Beth Howe 2150 points, runner up Ms Ohio, played at Ohio State for 4 years and part of 2 Big 10 Championships

Brandy Caldwell...played alongside Beth on best JHS team ...played at Ohio Dominican

Madison Ridout...1350ish career points, big time layer at Shawnee State after transferring from Kent St

Julie Coffey ....1300 points and best center ever at Jackson

Rebecca Greene....1600+ career points and injured halfway thru senior season

Others: Torii Leali, Heather Chapman, Cindy Ridgeway

Bbbuckeyes
Waterboy

Post by Bbbuckeyes »

Nelsonville-York
1. Kim Kline - 1514 points, 1st team all-state, played at IPFW, 600 assists, 400 steals

2. Jessie Addis - 1500 point scorer

3. Megan Edwards - 1000 point scorer, great touch and rebounder

4. Whitney Maiden - 1000 point scorer, beast inside

5. Lisa Meade - 980 points, fast

Others : Amy Dixon, Lee Ann Mays, Angela Meade

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Unioto

Aubrey Eblin (1995) Unioto's all time leading scorer, best player on Final Four team in 95. Started over 100 games at Old Dominion, scored 1,000 points there and starred in a National Championship Game loss to Tennessee as a Sophomore

Lori McClellan (1989) 2 time All Ohio, 2nd in scoring, 1st in rebounding and games played. Twice led team to 1 point losses in the State Title game. I believe she went on to Morehead State, but I'll need to verify that tomorrow.

Natalie Hill (1990) 3rd in scoring 1609 and was McClellan's running mate on 3 straight District Championship winning teams. Went on to play 4 years at Dayton.

Dennale Speakman (2005) 1554 points, 47 points is a single game record at Unioto. 2 time All Ohioan. Went on to run track at Cincinnati.

The 5th one is really tough. Suzie Bowling (1987) was the best player on a Final Four team, Alexis Overly (2015) scored 1316 points and was an All Ohioan, multi-time SVC Player of the Year. Ashley McWhorter (2001) was a standout in a great time for the SVC as a league. McKenzie Arledge (2011) was a knee injury away from some crazy career numbers, came up just shy of 1,000, played 4 years at Morehead State.

It's been a great program, so it's fun to look back on some of these great players

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Fort Frye
Lisa Ribble played at WVU and assisted on the first ever dunk in women's Division I basketball
Cathy Clark went on to be Marietta's all time leading scorer (men and women)
Diedra Combs was a 1000 point scorer at Fairmont State and finished top ten all time in blocks and steals
Laura Schwendeman played at D-1 Troy State
Leslie Knoch played at D-1 Cincinnati

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

efarns wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:03 pm Fort Frye
Lisa Ribble played at WVU and assisted on the first ever dunk in women's Division I basketball
Cathy Clark went on to be Marietta's all time leading scorer (men and women)
Diedra Combs was a 1000 point scorer at Fairmont State and finished top ten all time in blocks and steals
Laura Schwendeman played at D-1 Troy State
Leslie Knoch played at D-1 Cincinnati
Surely the fact that Jandy King (Drayer) (re)produced four 1000-point scorers (and college players?) at Waterford counts for something?

In fact, Waterford's list might look like this (in no particular order):
1. Drayer
2. Drayer
3. Drayer
4. Drayer
5. King

Also, did Chelsey Stephens (FF) end up playing in college?
Last edited by enigmaax on Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Jandy was good, but she had injuries.
Chelsea was also great - very quick, a really outstanding ball handler and scorer, but Diedra had a better all around game, was more athletic, and was on more successful teams. The topic is top 5, and you have to draw the line somewhere.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Bbbuckeyes wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:24 pm Nelsonville-York
1. Kim Kline - 1514 points, 1st team all-state, played at IPFW, 600 assists, 400 steals

Jessi is 3 points away from Kim's record. After the sectional game this week, Jessi will be the GOAT.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
ny_bucks
Riding the Bench

Post by ny_bucks »

Bbbuckeyes wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:24 pm Nelsonville-York

It'd be hard to leave Madison Davis off of this list too. She was a 1000 point scorer and outstanding rebounder. Averaged 10 or more rebounds a game her sophomore, junior and senior year!

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

efarns wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:36 pm Jandy was good, but she had injuries.
Chelsea was also great - very quick, a really outstanding ball handler and scorer, but Diedra had a better all around game, was more athletic, and was on more successful teams. The topic is top 5, and you have to draw the line somewhere.
Oh I know, hard to dispute your list. I mentioned the others as more of a side note. I’m not sure I ever heard what the Stephens girl ended up doing (whether she played college ball).

One other one, I think Jina Skinner may be the all-time leading scorer at Concord or one of those type of schools.

Bbbuckeyes
Waterboy

Post by Bbbuckeyes »

O&B, I feel it would hard to dispute that a first team all-state player, runner-up d-3 player of the year and 2nd leading scorer in the state in 2009, div. 1 college basketball player with the stats of Kline would not be considered your so-called GOAT but picking between the 2 players is like picking an entree at a five star restaurant. You can't go wrong.
And nybucks you are totally right. Madison must be on that list. She is a top 5 player at ny.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

enigmaax wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:13 pm
Oh I know, hard to dispute your list. I mentioned the others as more of a side note. I’m not sure I ever heard what the Stephens girl ended up doing (whether she played college ball).

One other one, I think Jina Skinner may be the all-time leading scorer at Concord or one of those type of schools.
You are correct. I just checked, and Concord has their records online and Jina is still at the top. I was only in Jr. High and wouldn't be a good person to compare her with these other players. However, I do remember her final game of her senior year was the single greatest travesty of officiating I have ever witnessed. It is the one time in my life I believe the refs completely decided a game. Fort Frye came into the district final undefeated, and by the end of the first quarter, their entire starting five was on the bench with foul trouble. The Lady Cadet JV was no match for the other team's starting 5.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Kayla Cook
Kayla Cook
Kayla Cook
Kayla Cook
Kayla Cook

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
stacey7722
Freshman Team

Post by stacey7722 »

Lynchburg Clay

Whitney Lewis (all time points and rebound and blocks. Div. I college player. Current Girls varsity head coach)
Laney Lewis (Player of the year in Div. II college in her conference last year)
M. Binkley (Second all time leading scorer, missed a year with knee injury)
H. Binkley (Third all time scorer Lynchburg clay)
L. Hatten (Lynchburg hall of fame, retired jersey. Girls varsity coach for a million years before W. Lewis.)
Last edited by stacey7722 on Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

stacey7722 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:13 pm Lynchburg Clay

Whitney Lewis (all time points and rebound and blocks. Div. I college player. Current Girls varsity head coach)
L. Patten (Lynchburg hall of fame, retired jersey. Girls varsity coach for a million years before W. Lewis.)
Hatten?

stacey7722
Freshman Team

Post by stacey7722 »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:18 pm
stacey7722 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:13 pm Lynchburg Clay

L. Patten (Lynchburg hall of fame, retired jersey. Girls varsity coach for a million years before W. Lewis.)
Hatten?
Yup,sorry typo. Fixed it.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

that was really neat reading esp. the after high school achievments.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
SCBC Basketball
Riding the Bench

Post by SCBC Basketball »

Swanker Pine wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:20 pm Kayla Cook
Kayla Cook
Kayla Cook
Kayla Cook
Kayla Cook
Think Kaci Hall has to be on this list. She did a lot of great things during her career at South Webster just had the luck to run into Waterford Every year in Districts. And is one of the top 3-4 Scorers (last I seen last week) as a Sophmore at Presbyterian in the Big South Conference. (D1 School)

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

efarns wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:46 am
enigmaax wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:13 pm

You are correct. I just checked, and Concord has their records online and Jina is still at the top. I was only in Jr. High and wouldn't be a good person to compare her with these other players. However, I do remember her final game of her senior year was the single greatest travesty of officiating I have ever witnessed. It is the one time in my life I believe the refs completely decided a game. Fort Frye came into the district final undefeated, and by the end of the first quarter, their entire starting five was on the bench with foul trouble. The Lady Cadet JV was no match for the other team's starting 5.
And yes, Jina Skinner DeRubbo is still in basketball, as Head Womens Coach at Washington & Jefferson College (14th season)

Return to “Girls Basketball”