Re: Top 5 Girls to play at your school.

Post by SEFan »

Smith
Kraft
Cooper
Harris
Hanpshire

Those are my 5

If we are doing honorable mention names, have to include Paige Lunsford (2017). She was All-Ohio her senior year.

farmer8
Riding the Bench

Post by farmer8 »

93Bulldog wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:07 pm
farmer8 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:55 am Jenna Burdette
Jenna Burdette
Jenna Burdette
Jenna Burdette
Jenna Burdette
THE GREATEST PLAYER IN SOUTHEASTERN OHIO EVER!!!!!!!!!!!
Love Jenna, but in no way, shape or form is she above Katie Smith. Katie is the best ever, period. Maybe the best athlete boy or girl!
Jenna is better.

WHOS YOUR FARMER?????
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I can't even respond to such nonsense ... lol

That's like saying Isiah Thomas is better than Lebron James.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

93Bulldog wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:34 am I can't even respond to such nonsense ... lol

:lol: :lol:

bbtrucking.inc
Freshman Team

Post by bbtrucking.inc »

enigmaax wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:28 pm
efarns wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:03 pm Fort Frye
Lisa Ribble played at WVU and assisted on the first ever dunk in women's Division I basketball
Cathy Clark went on to be Marietta's all time leading scorer (men and women)
Diedra Combs was a 1000 point scorer at Fairmont State and finished top ten all time in blocks and steals
Laura Schwendeman played at D-1 Troy State
Leslie Knoch played at D-1 Cincinnati
Surely the fact that Jandy King (Drayer) (re)produced four 1000-point scorers (and college players?) at Waterford counts for something?

In fact, Waterford's list might look like this (in no particular order):
1. Drayer
2. Drayer
3. Drayer
4. Drayer
5. King

Also, did Chelsey Stephens (FF) end up playing in college?
No way. I think Waterfords would go like this:
1.) King
2.) Drayer
3.) Drayer
4.) Drayer
5.) Ball
6.)Drayer
7.) Kern

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

bbtrucking.inc wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:06 pm
No way. I think Waterfords would go like this:
1.) King
2.) Drayer
3.) Drayer
4.) Drayer
5.) Ball
6.)Drayer
7.) Kern
Agree that the current players are in the conversation, as well. Still time for them to cement their spots too.

Also, Laura Goins could crack that Top 5. Was the top career scorer at one time at Waterford and also was in the top few career scorers at her college, if I remember correctly.
Last edited by enigmaax on Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

SCBC Basketball wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:13 am
Swanker Pine wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:20 pm Kayla Cook
Kayla Cook
Kayla Cook
Kayla Cook
Kayla Cook
Think Kaci Hall has to be on this list. She did a lot of great things during her career at South Webster just had the luck to run into Waterford Every year in Districts. And is one of the top 3-4 Scorers (last I seen last week) as a Sophmore at Presbyterian in the Big South Conference. (D1 School)
Not a SW fan or alum but even I know there was a history before Cook.How about Brooke Hughes and Robin Hagen? Sort of sighting your school by naming one person five times.Why not do what the post says, name your top five? Just saying...

"I have a deep affection for the University of Pittsburgh.It is my University.I am proud to be a Pitt man.”-Jock Sutherland
Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Getting Older wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:39 pm Best 5 and best team to play at Ironton

Jeanette Vinson
Lauren Triplett
Beth Rist
Jana Riggs
Nancy Jenkins/ Suzie Fitzpatrick

No team from Ironton comes close to this team and talent
Last edited by Black Panther on Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

"I have a deep affection for the University of Pittsburgh.It is my University.I am proud to be a Pitt man.”-Jock Sutherland
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

93Bulldog wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:34 am I can't even respond to such nonsense ... lol

I don’t think it’s that close....maybe Scoonie Penn better than Michael Jordan

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

loganlocos wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:42 pm
noreply66 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:32 pm Can't remember the year but there was another McBroom that play and she was really good.
I think Paige Davis would have been up the latter if used a little different.

Good call. I was probably thinking a little too "modern era" on my list.

Becky Bell (1972), Marty Gasser (1972), Sue McBroom (1973), Kathy Kornmiller (1974), Cindy Jamison (1979), and Rhonda Fuller (1985) are some of the all-time greats from the early years of girls basketball.

Bell and Gasser played at Ohio State. Gasser later coached Bishop Watterson to the state tournament and coached at the Air Force Academy.

McBroom was a legendary scorer and appeared in Sports Illustrated.

Jamison was the first SEOAL MVP in girls basketball and Fuller was the top scorer on Logan's first league championship team (1983-84).
Another girl that played before modern basketball was Punk Dennis. She could have none well in todays game. Good speed and ball handlers.....super on the drive.......If you gave her any lip she would punch your lights out.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Ol' Bud
Waterboy

Post by Ol' Bud »

Jenna Burdette
Jenna Burdette
Jenna Burdette
Jenna Burdette
Love Jenna, but in no way, shape or form is she above Katie Smith. Katie is the best ever, period. Maybe the best athlete boy or girl!
You know you're full of it when you say Katie Smith is the better player. It is obvious to everyone that Jenna was and is a much better player than Katie. That's all there is to it. There is no argument here if you wanna be taken seriously. Katie does not even begin to compare to the skill of Jenna.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ol' Bud wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:29 am
Jenna Burdette
Jenna Burdette
Jenna Burdette
Jenna Burdette
You know you're full of it when you say Katie Smith is the better player. It is obvious to everyone that Jenna was and is a much better player than Katie. That's all there is to it. There is no argument here if you wanna be taken seriously. Katie does not even begin to compare to the skill of Jenna.
You do realize Katie Smith was Big Ten freshmen of the year at Ohio State, led her team to a national championship appearance, was Big Ten player of the year her senior year? Did you know she is one of the best WNBA players to ever play - and was WNBA finals MVP in 2008? She is in the women's basketball hall of fame and won THREE gold medals for USA in '04, '08 and 2012.

Katie Smith was one of the top recruits in the nation coming out of high school dude and she lived up to the hype. I love Jenna to death - and she may be the 2nd best high school player I've seen - but she wasn't even recruited by most of the Power 5 schools. Dayton was probably about the biggest school she could have ended up at - and has had a nice career there.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Jenna Burdette
Jenna Burdette
Jenna Burdette
Jenna Burdette
Bud is trolling again but not the old bud-cb

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

I made this list of top five Ironton "players" not best "team" after getting imput from a long time Tiger fan and seops poster.
1) Rist
2)Triplett
3) Boykin
4)Rudmann
5)Barrier
Since this is really unfair to be only top five I have added three more just outside this top five and they are:
Waddle
Ferguson
Hacker (my favorite)

Bret Wrightsel
Riding the Bench

Post by Bret Wrightsel »

Without reasearching off the top of my head at Chillicothe , Osh Brown, Julie Coleman, Gina Turner, Hannah Day, Abby Bunstein with Nikki Harris, Mandy Stanhope, Carla Tisdale, Sallie Odell all in the running.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Oates was a good player from Chillicothe too

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

93Bulldog wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:13 pm

You do realize Katie Smith was Big Ten freshmen of the year at Ohio State, led her team to a national championship appearance, was Big Ten player of the year her senior year? Did you know she is one of the best WNBA players to ever play - and was WNBA finals MVP in 2008? She is in the women's basketball hall of fame and won THREE gold medals for USA in '04, '08 and 2012.

Katie Smith was one of the top recruits in the nation coming out of high school dude and she lived up to the hype. I love Jenna to death - and she may be the 2nd best high school player I've seen - but she wasn't even recruited by most of the Power 5 schools. Dayton was probably about the biggest school she could have ended up at - and has had a nice career there.
Well, that's very impressive. And that should tell you how great Jenna was, because, as Ol' Bud pointed out, Jenna Burdette was better than everyone.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Ol' Bud sounds like a coach

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

A story about Katie Smith I have told before. A coach from Logan went to a sports meeting in Texas and a coach from there ask him where he was from and he said Logan,Ohio and the Texas coach said "The Home of Katie Smith."

Return to “Girls Basketball”