Top 5 Girls to play at your school.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Top 5 Girls to play at your school.

Post by noreply66 »

loganlocos wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:42 pm
noreply66 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:32 pm Can't remember the year but there was another McBroom that play and she was really good.
I think Paige Davis would have been up the latter if used a little different.

Good call. I was probably thinking a little too "modern era" on my list.

Becky Bell (1972), Marty Gasser (1972), Sue McBroom (1973), Kathy Kornmiller (1974), Cindy Jamison (1979), and Rhonda Fuller (1985) are some of the all-time greats from the early years of girls basketball.

Bell and Gasser played at Ohio State. Gasser later coached Bishop Watterson to the state tournament and coached at the Air Force Academy.

McBroom was a legendary scorer and appeared in Sports Illustrated.

Jamison was the first SEOAL MVP in girls basketball and Fuller was the top scorer on Logan's first league championship team (1983-84).
Another girl that played before modern basketball was Punk Dennis. She could have none well in todays game. Good speed and ball handlers.....super on the drive.......If you gave her any lip she would punch your lights out.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Ol' Bud
Waterboy

Post by Ol' Bud »

93Bulldog wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:07 pm
farmer8 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:55 am Jenna Burdette
Jenna Burdette
Jenna Burdette
Jenna Burdette
Jenna Burdette
THE GREATEST PLAYER IN SOUTHEASTERN OHIO EVER!!!!!!!!!!!
Love Jenna, but in no way, shape or form is she above Katie Smith. Katie is the best ever, period. Maybe the best athlete boy or girl!
You know you're full of it when you say Katie Smith is the better player. It is obvious to everyone that Jenna was and is a much better player than Katie. That's all there is to it. There is no argument here if you wanna be taken seriously. Katie does not even begin to compare to the skill of Jenna.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ol' Bud wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:29 am
Jenna Burdette
Jenna Burdette
Jenna Burdette
Jenna Burdette
Love Jenna, but in no way, shape or form is she above Katie Smith. Katie is the best ever, period. Maybe the best athlete boy or girl!
You know you're full of it when you say Katie Smith is the better player. It is obvious to everyone that Jenna was and is a much better player than Katie. That's all there is to it. There is no argument here if you wanna be taken seriously. Katie does not even begin to compare to the skill of Jenna.
You do realize Katie Smith was Big Ten freshmen of the year at Ohio State, led her team to a national championship appearance, was Big Ten player of the year her senior year? Did you know she is one of the best WNBA players to ever play - and was WNBA finals MVP in 2008? She is in the women's basketball hall of fame and won THREE gold medals for USA in '04, '08 and 2012.

Katie Smith was one of the top recruits in the nation coming out of high school dude and she lived up to the hype. I love Jenna to death - and she may be the 2nd best high school player I've seen - but she wasn't even recruited by most of the Power 5 schools. Dayton was probably about the biggest school she could have ended up at - and has had a nice career there.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Jenna Burdette
Jenna Burdette
Jenna Burdette
Jenna Burdette
Bud is trolling again but not the old bud-cb

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

I made this list of top five Ironton "players" not best "team" after getting imput from a long time Tiger fan and seops poster.
1) Rist
2)Triplett
3) Boykin
4)Rudmann
5)Barrier
Since this is really unfair to be only top five I have added three more just outside this top five and they are:
Waddle
Ferguson
Hacker (my favorite)

"I have a deep affection for the University of Pittsburgh.It is my University.I am proud to be a Pitt man.”-Jock Sutherland
Bret Wrightsel
Riding the Bench

Post by Bret Wrightsel »

Without reasearching off the top of my head at Chillicothe , Osh Brown, Julie Coleman, Gina Turner, Hannah Day, Abby Bunstein with Nikki Harris, Mandy Stanhope, Carla Tisdale, Sallie Odell all in the running.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Oates was a good player from Chillicothe too

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

93Bulldog wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:13 pm

You do realize Katie Smith was Big Ten freshmen of the year at Ohio State, led her team to a national championship appearance, was Big Ten player of the year her senior year? Did you know she is one of the best WNBA players to ever play - and was WNBA finals MVP in 2008? She is in the women's basketball hall of fame and won THREE gold medals for USA in '04, '08 and 2012.

Katie Smith was one of the top recruits in the nation coming out of high school dude and she lived up to the hype. I love Jenna to death - and she may be the 2nd best high school player I've seen - but she wasn't even recruited by most of the Power 5 schools. Dayton was probably about the biggest school she could have ended up at - and has had a nice career there.
Well, that's very impressive. And that should tell you how great Jenna was, because, as Ol' Bud pointed out, Jenna Burdette was better than everyone.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Ol' Bud sounds like a coach

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

A story about Katie Smith I have told before. A coach from Logan went to a sports meeting in Texas and a coach from there ask him where he was from and he said Logan,Ohio and the Texas coach said "The Home of Katie Smith."

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

The only girls basketball player to come close to Katie Smith would be Cindy Noble from Adena. She led Adena to two state Volleyball titles, One State Basketball title, and one state track title. She Played four years at the University of Tennessee . She led Tennessee to three state final fours. She was on the 1980 Olympic team that boycotted and then won Olympic Gold in 1984. She is in the women's National Basketball Hall of fame.

SEFan
JV Team

Post by SEFan »

Ukfanatic wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:44 am The only girls basketball player to come close to Katie Smith would be Cindy Noble from Adena. She led Adena to two state Volleyball titles, One State Basketball title, and one state track title. She Played four years at the University of Tennessee . She led Tennessee to three state final fours. She was on the 1980 Olympic team that boycotted and then won Olympic Gold in 1984. She is in the women's National Basketball Hall of fame.
Agreed. She shot an unreal percentage at Tennessee. And scored over 2000 points I believe! Good call on her.

Seoballer
Waterboy

Post by Seoballer »

You sir are very uneducated about Jenna and her recruitment and offers. Jenna a multiple offers from power 5 schools and the other two of her top three choices are Top 15 teams in power conferences as we speak. She choose Dayton because it was close to home and an up and comming program with excellent coaches. Not bad for a “little” school to make the elite 8 where she started as a freshman and two other NCAA Tournaments. If you don’t know your facts, keep your mouth shut.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Seoballer wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:53 pm

You sir are very uneducated about Jenna and her recruitment and offers. Jenna a multiple offers from power 5 schools and the other two of her top three choices are Top 15 teams in power conferences as we speak. She choose Dayton because it was close to home and an up and comming program with excellent coaches. Not bad for a “little” school to make the elite 8 where she started as a freshman and two other NCAA Tournaments. If you don’t know your facts, keep your mouth shut.
No way you can compare her to Katie Smith, no way, if you think she is easily better, as someone else said, you sir, are uneducated.

Seoballer
Waterboy

Post by Seoballer »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:57 pm
Seoballer wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:53 pm

No way you can compare her to Katie Smith, no way, if you think she is easily better, as someone else said, you sir, are uneducated.
Did I say that anywhere?? Nope sure didn’t. Just clearing the fact about Jenna. Thank you.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

HOF.jpg
hanging with Katie

as per LDN

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Ukfanatic wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:44 am The only girls basketball player to come close to Katie Smith would be Cindy Noble from Adena. She led Adena to two state Volleyball titles, One State Basketball title, and one state track title. She Played four years at the University of Tennessee . She led Tennessee to three state final fours. She was on the 1980 Olympic team that boycotted and then won Olympic Gold in 1984. She is in the women's National Basketball Hall of fame.
This is a great additional. That's a heckuva a resume.

Return to “Girls Basketball”