player of year soc 1and 2

6thmanoffbench
Waterboy

Re: player of year soc 1and 2

Post by 6thmanoffbench »

FalconNation wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:56 pm
JEEP82 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:42 pm
Jar wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:23 am I’m not going to debate with you. You clearly haven’t watched enough basketball this year to make an unbiased choice. I’m not even a Minford person so I don’t have a dog in the fight. Daniels has had to sit on the bench the entire 4th quarter several games including ours. She didn’t see one second of the 4th quarter. Minford held Johnson to 9 points and didn’t even face guard her, let alone double team her.
Yes Johnson had 9 points the second time they played but had 9 assists and 15 rebounds. 1point and 1 assist away from a triple double. Their first match up she had 20 points. So you can hardly say they shut her down. She found a way for her team to bring it within 9 points.
Hard to believe she had all of her teams assists. Pretty sure she only had 5. I’d like to see her have 27 points against Waterford and put the team on her back the way Daniels did to bring her team back into the game.
Those stats are straight from the book. She DID have 9 assists and she DID have 27 against waterford last year in distric finals with the team on her back.

SCOH
Riding the Bench

Post by SCOH »

Listen both kids are great kids and have had great seasons and years. But this year Daniels has had a special one. Best Player on an undefeated SOC Champion, and in that second half of the Burg game she dropped 19’when it was needed. So how can she not be POY, last year Johnson was the best player, not being POY doesn’t make it a Bad Year for her Greaf run over her career. So let’s not start knocking either kid but to dismiss Undefeated in Conference and the best player on that team is hard to do.

Onthefence
Freshman Team

Post by Onthefence »

SCOH wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:49 pm Listen both kids are great kids and have had great seasons and years. But this year Daniels has had a special one. Best Player on an undefeated SOC Champion, and in that second half of the Burg game she dropped 19’when it was needed. So how can she not be POY, last year Johnson was the best player, not being POY doesn’t make it a Bad Year for her Greaf run over her career. So let’s not start knocking either kid but to dismiss Undefeated in Conference and the best player on that team is hard to do.
I believe Minford won the soc last year

Onthefence
Freshman Team

Post by Onthefence »

Onthefence wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:06 am
SCOH wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:49 pm Listen both kids are great kids and have had great seasons and years. But this year Daniels has had a special one. Best Player on an undefeated SOC Champion, and in that second half of the Burg game she dropped 19’when it was needed. So how can she not be POY, last year Johnson was the best player, not being POY doesn’t make it a Bad Year for her Greaf run over her career. So let’s not start knocking either kid but to dismiss Undefeated in Conference and the best player on that team is hard to do.
I believe Minford won the soc last year
And beat Waterford @ Waterford by 20 so by your reasoning she had a better year last year. Daniels has reached some milestones this year and is now the all time leading scorer @ Minford. But at SW I believe both boys and girls scoring records are north of 2000 pts. Apples to apples. Let’s just agree they both deserve it and move on to SOC 1.

SCOH
Riding the Bench

Post by SCOH »

I know both kids personally and think the world of both then and they know it. Just saying let’s not let’s this get out of hand like it does sometimes. Both kids are great kids and players. Both are playing at a Next Level next year. Coaches will do what they want in the end. I don’t look at Milestones I look at the year that’s all I was saying. Didn’t bring last year into it. Like u said apples to appples

Return to “Girls Basketball”