player of year soc 1and 2

rsu99
Waterboy

player of year soc 1and 2

Post by rsu99 »

Who is the favorite for player of the year in the SOC 1 and 2?

Burg_10
Riding the Bench

Re: player of year soc 1and 2

Post by Burg_10 »

Soc2 would have to be Daniels from Minford. Best player on the best team. Fun player to watch. Plays hard and can dominate when needed.
Johnson and Kallner high level players from Webster and Burg but this season it’s Daniels.

Jar
Waterboy

Post by Jar »

SOC II has to be Daniels IMO. She’s dominated all year and really led her team. Hats off to that kid. I’m going to try and make it to Minford and watch them against Waterford.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Daniels with a great season and career for Falcons

JEEPNATION
Riding the Bench

Post by JEEPNATION »

Johnson from SW is the best player in the League!

Onthefence
Freshman Team

Post by Onthefence »

Gotta go with Johnson from south Webster. I know she is not on the best team but she is definitely the best player. Drawing double and triple teams and still be able to score makes her my pick. Daniels is good but when your on a great team makes it a lot easier to score. I guess the best thing would be to have co player of the year. I think that has happen in the past

Jar
Waterboy

Post by Jar »

Johnson is a good player but Daniels has been face guarded and doubled teamed all year long as well. She’s been the clear winner this year and led her team to a dominant season. SW lost some very easy games that they should’ve won. Both great players. Johnson had a better year last year and won. This year Daniels had the best year and is the clear winner.

Onthefence
Freshman Team

Post by Onthefence »

Jar wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:35 pm Johnson is a good player but Daniels has been face guarded and doubled teamed all year long as well. She’s been the clear winner this year and led her team to a dominant season. SW lost some very easy games that they should’ve won. Both great players. Johnson had a better year last year and won. This year Daniels had the best year and is the clear winner.
If you mean better year by more wins yes Daniels should win. But a lot of her stats were in the second half of games with a 30 pt lead ie the waverly game when she was the only starter left in the forth quarter. #padthestats. # comvp

Jar
Waterboy

Post by Jar »

I’m not going to debate with you. You clearly haven’t watched enough basketball this year to make an unbiased choice. I’m not even a Minford person so I don’t have a dog in the fight. Daniels has had to sit on the bench the entire 4th quarter several games including ours. She didn’t see one second of the 4th quarter. Minford held Johnson to 9 points and didn’t even face guard her, let alone double team her.

JEEP82
Waterboy

Post by JEEP82 »

I've seen almost all of the SW games....Johnson was taken out of numerous games ....Coach Johnson refuses to run up scores on anyone. Ellie could have had better stats for sure. As for p.o.y. who cares!... They both have a free ride in college 😃

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Onthefence wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:09 am
Jar wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:35 pm Johnson is a good player but Daniels has been face guarded and doubled teamed all year long as well. She’s been the clear winner this year and led her team to a dominant season. SW lost some very easy games that they should’ve won. Both great players. Johnson had a better year last year and won. This year Daniels had the best year and is the clear winner.
If you mean better year by more wins yes Daniels should win. But a lot of her stats were in the second half of games with a 30 pt lead ie the waverly game when she was the only starter left in the forth quarter. #padthestats. # comvp
You do realize that in A LOT of Minford's games, they had a 20-30 pt lead at the half dont you?

I guess they are supposed to sit a senior the second half most games because they are that much better than everyone else around here? And her play was one of the big reasons they dominated a team by halftime?

Wow. Dumb statement.

Daniels is the clear favorite and there really is nobody even close to her this year. Sorry.

BBALL99
Freshman Team

Post by BBALL99 »

Daniels should win it

Jay Bruce
Freshman Team

Post by Jay Bruce »

I’ve seen both players numerous times over their careers and both are tremendous players and have their college paid for by their athletic abilities. This year’s MVP has to be Daniels of Minford. They have an undefeated league mark and she deserves the sole player of the year award this year.

Onthefence
Freshman Team

Post by Onthefence »

Jar wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:23 am I’m not going to debate with you. You clearly haven’t watched enough basketball this year to make an unbiased choice. I’m not even a Minford person so I don’t have a dog in the fight. Daniels has had to sit on the bench the entire 4th quarter several games including ours. She didn’t see one second of the 4th quarter. Minford held Johnson to 9 points and didn’t even face guard her, let alone double team her.
Sorry I’m not entitled to my opinion. Watched sw vs burg twice Minford vs burg twice sw vs Minford twice Minford vs waverly and Minford vs Waterford . I just think Daniels and Johnson are in a class of there own and both deserve it.

6thmanoffbench
Waterboy

Post by 6thmanoffbench »

JEEP82 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:40 pm I've seen almost all of the SW games....Johnson was taken out of numerous games ....Coach Johnson refuses to run up scores on anyone. Ellie could have had better stats for sure. As for p.o.y. who cares!... They both have a free ride in college 😃
Agreed! Johnson is by far the better team player and she doesn’t even have the better team. Daniels is surround by players which makes it easier to score. Johnson maybe has 2 players on the court with her. It’s hard to score when the whole focus is on 1 player. Daniels is a great player, but teams can’t just focus on her. Blankenship, risner, and Pucket are all threats on the court and that takes the pressure off Daniels. If Coach Johnson was the type of coach to run the score up then Ellie would have those kind of stats as well.

6thmanoffbench
Waterboy

Post by 6thmanoffbench »

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:09 pm
Onthefence wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:09 am
You do realize that in A LOT of Minford's games, they had a 20-30 pt lead at the half dont you?

I guess they are supposed to sit a senior the second half most games because they are that much better than everyone else around here? And her play was one of the big reasons they dominated a team by halftime?

Wow. Dumb statement.

Daniels is the clear favorite and there really is nobody even close to her this year. Sorry.

and the same goes for Johnson. I’m sorry but any team that runs a score up just to break some records is not in my favor. Minford is a great/ athletic team and everyone knows that but when you’re up by 20-30 points take your starters out and work on your second string. Johnson was just 10 points away last year from breaking the all time scoring in a game, but coach johnson did the right thing and took her out so her bench players got some time. Daniels and Johnson are great players but I hate to see something taken away from a great player when they’re doing things the right way. Co-player of the year or just Johnson I think is the best option.

JEEP82
Waterboy

Post by JEEP82 »

Jar wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:23 am I’m not going to debate with you. You clearly haven’t watched enough basketball this year to make an unbiased choice. I’m not even a Minford person so I don’t have a dog in the fight. Daniels has had to sit on the bench the entire 4th quarter several games including ours. She didn’t see one second of the 4th quarter. Minford held Johnson to 9 points and didn’t even face guard her, let alone double team her.
Yes Johnson had 9 points the second time they played but had 9 assists and 15 rebounds. 1point and 1 assist away from a triple double. Their first match up she had 20 points. So you can hardly say they shut her down. She found a way for her team to bring it within 9 points.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

6thmanoffbench wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:54 pm
JEEP82 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:40 pm I've seen almost all of the SW games....Johnson was taken out of numerous games ....Coach Johnson refuses to run up scores on anyone. Ellie could have had better stats for sure. As for p.o.y. who cares!... They both have a free ride in college 😃
Agreed! Johnson is by far the better team player and she doesn’t even have the better team. Daniels is surround by players which makes it easier to score. Johnson maybe has 2 players on the court with her. It’s hard to score when the whole focus is on 1 player. Daniels is a great player, but teams can’t just focus on her. Blankenship, risner, and Pucket are all threats on the court and that takes the pressure off Daniels. If Coach Johnson was the type of coach to run the score up then Ellie would have those kind of stats as well.
Just depends on hoe you view it because you're right, Minford's team is much better than SW. But at the same time that helps your stats in a way because you have more freedom. Johnson is the better player, but Daniels had a heck of a year

FalconNation
Waterboy

Post by FalconNation »

JEEP82 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:42 pm
Yes Johnson had 9 points the second time they played but had 9 assists and 15 rebounds. 1point and 1 assist away from a triple double. Their first match up she had 20 points. So you can hardly say they shut her down. She found a way for her team to bring it within 9 points.
Hard to believe she had all of her teams assists. Pretty sure she only had 5. I’d like to see her have 27 points against Waterford and put the team on her back the way Daniels did to bring her team back into the game.

REFEREE11
Riding the Bench

Post by REFEREE11 »

Erin Daniels has my vote!

Return to “Girls Basketball”