Player of the year in the region Div III

stacey7722
Freshman Team

Player of the year in the region Div III

Post by stacey7722 »

Who is the regions Division III player of the year?

27 points per game 11 rebounds 4.5 assist and 4.5 steals a game. Would this player be player of the year?

KRS
JV Team

Re: Player of the year in the region Div III

Post by KRS »

Definitely a contender with those stats. Awesome year.
We have a kid at Southeastern who was first team all-Ohio last year in D-3, and had another good year.

According to svcportszone (our League website) She is averaging 29.3 , 8.5 boards,80%, from the line and 51% from field , with 45 threes , (9) in one game. Currently sitting at 2182 points in 95 career games with tourney to play. (22.96 career average) I don’t put a lot of stock into assist at our school, often times it just depends on who’s keeping the stats, some people count different things

coaches vote on this and half of them don’t even show up if they don’t have all district kids, at least ones in our league haven’t in the past.
There are quite few nice players in this area in D-3.

SCOH
Riding the Bench

Post by SCOH »

I would say CO POY. Ella Skeens SE Ross and Erin Daniels Minford. POY is not a career award. It the best Player that year Daniels has led her team to a 21-1 record losing to #1 Waterford last night by 2, she came up big last night vs Waterford with 25 points and basically took over the game the second half. Her avgs 22 pts 8.2 reb 4.6 asts 3.8!stls a game. And every big game she has stepped up and got it done.
Skeens has also had a great year and like I said deserves it as CO for the YEAR she had also.
But please don’t bring in career stats this isn’t a career award JMO.
Peyton Scott has a strong argument for TRI POY but most will say she is a Junior.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

I posted the kids season stats and the career numbers just show she has been doing it all 4 years. I am not trying to persuade anyone one way or the other. Just stating facts. I don’t think anyone on SEOP has a vote. Doesn’t really matter what we think. I have been in enough meetings to know how this stuff works. like I said...there are a lot of nice players in D-3.

stacey7722
Freshman Team

Post by stacey7722 »

SCOH wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:31 pm I would say CO POY. Ella Skeens SE Ross and Erin Daniels Minford. POY is not a career award. It the best Player that year Daniels has led her team to a 21-1 record losing to #1 Waterford last night by 2, she came up big last night vs Waterford with 25 points and basically took over the game the second half. Her avgs 22 pts 8.2 reb 4.6 asts 3.8!stls a game. And every big game she has stepped up and got it done.
Skeens has also had a great year and like I said deserves it as CO for the YEAR she had also.
Peyton Scott has a strong argument for TRI POY but most will say she is a Junior.
Ella Is a terrific player and young lady. Erin Daniels can ball. Both play on very good teams with a lot of help. I don't like when people say one kid is only a junior so they cant be considered. These things should not be decided by how many birthdays you have had. Only by what you have done. Nothing is guaranteed, If someone deserves it, they deserve it. No one could argue with Ella Skeens or Erin Daniels both great kids and wonderful players.

Jar
Waterboy

Post by Jar »

I’ve seen both players play and it should definitely be Co-POY. Skeens and Daniels have both had an amazing year. I would hate to have to tell one of these kids they didn’t get it because they both deserve it.

SCOH
Riding the Bench

Post by SCOH »

stacey7722 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:47 pm
SCOH wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:31 pm I would say CO POY. Ella Skeens SE Ross and Erin Daniels Minford. POY is not a career award. It the best Player that year Daniels has led her team to a 21-1 record losing to #1 Waterford last night by 2, she came up big last night vs Waterford with 25 points and basically took over the game the second half. Her avgs 22 pts 8.2 reb 4.6 asts 3.8!stls a game. And every big game she has stepped up and got it done.
Ella Is a terrific player and young lady. Erin Daniels can ball. Both play on very good teams with a lot of help. I don't like when people say one kid is only a junior so they cant be considered. These things should not be decided by how many birthdays you have had. Only by what you have done. Nothing is guaranteed, If someone deserves it, they deserve it. No one could argue with Ella Skeens or Erin Daniels both great kids and wonderful players.
I did say Scott has a good argument and have said that several coaches. I stated that SOME will say that.

Onthefence
Freshman Team

Post by Onthefence »

Jar wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:33 pm I’ve seen both players play and it should definitely be Co-POY. Skeens and Daniels have both had an amazing year. I would hate to have to tell one of these kids they didn’t get it because they both deserve it.
Agreed give it them both

REFEREE11
Riding the Bench

Post by REFEREE11 »

Erin Daniels has my vote!

Return to “Girls Basketball”