Dont schedule games if you are not going to play them

Prime Time
All State

Re: Dont schedule games if you are not going to play them

Post by Prime Time »

Very nice post Stacey, no your not wrong in wanting the best for your daughter. good luck to your daughter and LC in tournament. Thank you for straightening this subject out. Never count out your team, anything is possible come tournament time. Good example of second hand info being in correct, I think everyone has been there. Best wishes to your daughter on a great tourney and career.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

He got bad info.....made a thread in disgust on here. A few posts were made doubting the story....he replies that he’ll dig further and if wrong will apologize on here....gathered info to prove he was likely wrong in the first place due to incorrect info.

Yeah he wanted another game to rack up some more points on her career. She’s an incredible player and a good kid. On the flip side of all this I think it went too far in criticizing him. Maybe he should’ve had more patience and found out for sure before posting but you guys maybe could’ve been more patient and reasonable in waiting for his response.

I don’t know....this thread started bad and was made worse.

Lynchburg won big tonight and I wish them and Alexander the best of luck in the tournament. Two of the top D3 SE district programs

stacey7722
Freshman Team

Post by stacey7722 »

Prime Time wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:34 pm Waiting! Stacey . Trying to figure out to me sounds like a parent to me and makes it sound like that one game is the end of the world, my thoughts. Just move on.

responded, wait no more. It seems it was probably initiated by Lynchburg. I got caught drinking the Kool Aid on what they told us. Sorry took a day to respond, I work.

stacey7722
Freshman Team

Post by stacey7722 »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:43 am Looks like Stacey jumped the gun and won't get back on here now.
Responded, sorry took a day I work.

goinbroke
Riding the Bench

Post by goinbroke »

stacey7722 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:21 pm
Prime Time wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:19 am The real reasons finally coming out here. Its a shame that it’s a me me me thing and the thinking of only one person in a team game. So maybe padding the stats to look better for one individual over the teamJust my thoughts , sometimes level headed thinking and just let things fall where they fall. Does anyone else share similar views here. It’s really sad to go to these games and watch fans , parents , students act in such manners. Really each school should keep home students out of visitors section.asking for trouble, who’s that fall on and condoned by.
Basketball is of course a team game. Kids do set goals and have goals though. Of course I want everything for my daughter, I love her. What father wouldnt. It has been a tough year and the girls at Lynchburg fight their hardest every game. Am I wrong for wanting my daughter to have the opportunities she has worked so very hard for? Is setting goals and trying to accomplish them not a thing any more? I am a fan of Alexander and their sports program, good luck in the tournament.
Thanks for following up. Of course your daughter is worthy of all accolades she receives as she is the most gifted guard in SE Ohio IMO. I'm sure she will break many records and already is a front runner for SE District POY for next year. Being a junior on a team that hasn't had the success of Southeastern or Minford is the only marks against her this year. LC has a great program and school that competes with excellence in all sports.

Sorry for being a little edgy as I knew for a fact the cancelation started from a call originating from the LC AD. Your original post painted a picture that Alex was running from a game with LC. Of course that's not the case as we played non-conference teams Fairland, Southeastern, and Warren. Unfortunately this game fell on a date that posed issues for both schools from trying to squeeze in make up league games at the end of the season. LC was trying to make room for the NA's make up game. We agreed as we had several games close together too and could use the time to prepare for the tournament game on Monday. In the end, the LC / NA game didn't get played until Monday. It should be water under the bridge now. Best of luck to LC and Alex as both have big hills to climb going forward in the tourney.

Return to “Girls Basketball”