Re: Vinton County/Washington C.H.

Post by noreply66 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:01 am

VC
GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

Jar
Waterboy

Post by Jar » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:18 am

I’ll go with C.H. in a tight game. This will be a good matchup.

Ironman92
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Ironman92 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:34 pm

I think Washington takes it. They beat a solid Unioto team

MTRay23
Freshman Team

Post by MTRay23 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:03 pm

Just comparing scores, VC only beat Fairfield Union by 13, Miami Trace beat FU by 31 last week and WCH has played MT pretty evenly both games this year so i'm taking WCH by around 10

SEFan
Freshman Team

Post by SEFan » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:07 am

It’ll depend on the Bentley sisters. If they have big games, I’ll take VC. If not, I’ll take WCH.

Amock0905
Freshman Team

Post by Amock0905 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:34 am

The Bentley sisters didn’t have big games but the ousley girl that plays point guard had a monster night last week
You can’t spell TVC without VC

The Artist 99
Waterboy

Post by The Artist 99 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:04 am

Not sure VC will be able to stop Haithcock inside and the Burns girl is fast. Should be a great game.

Gucci
Riding the Bench

Post by Gucci » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:42 am

I believe both teams played Unioto during the regular season. Court House beat Unioto in the regular season and in the tourney whereas VC lost to Unioto. Not sure what exactly that tells you. It's a game of matchups and both teams are great teams. I have seen WCH a few times but have not seen VC but know about the Bentley girls. They can flat out play. Should be a great game with several outstanding players.

Gucci
Riding the Bench

Post by Gucci » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:42 am

Saw where VC cancelled school today

MTRay23
Freshman Team

Post by MTRay23 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:59 pm

end of 1
WCH 19
VC 6

MTRay23
Freshman Team

Post by MTRay23 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:18 pm

half
WCH 38
VC 17

danicalifornia
SEOPS H

Post by danicalifornia » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:33 pm

It is scary to compare scores, but Unioto smashed VC with their 2 interior players combining for 38 points and 27 rebounds without playing the last half of the 4th. Those same interior players struggled in both games against Washington.

This outcome shouldn't be much of a surprise to anyone who watched both teams this year. VC had a great season, but Washington is the much better squad.

MTRay23
Freshman Team

Post by MTRay23 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:47 pm

END OF 3
WCH 54
VC 33

MTRay23
Freshman Team

Post by MTRay23 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:11 pm

FINAL
WCH 69
VC 53

thebarlowbandit
All Conference

Post by thebarlowbandit » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:17 pm

Congrats to VC on a good season, but as I said before, their non league schedule is a joke and simply built for wins. Their strategy that they get away with playing sub .500 teams will not work against teams who can play basketball.

MTRay23
Freshman Team

Post by MTRay23 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:27 pm

Just an observation, but it doesn't seem like VC runs any kind of offensive sets. It looked like they either just jack up 3's or try to go 1-on-1 without setting any type of screens or anything, and they don't follow their shots. They just let the shot go then run back down the floor. WCH killed them on the boards and beat them to death running the floor.

bulldog9597
Waterboy

Post by bulldog9597 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:30 pm

VC had a heck of a season. As I sat in the stands tonight watched them play ball, Realized the Bentley sisters Were the main reason they were 21-1. Now to train for next year losing Cassie Bentley who is one of the best seniors in our area, Darian Radabaugh can light up the board any minute, and Erin Jones the quick point guard who plays defense. They still have Josie Ousley with great speed and defense and Morgan Bentley who is phenomenal all around player. They were the best shooting team in TVC by far. Will be hard to replace the three seniors, but Coach Bentley will figure it out.

thebarlowbandit
All Conference

Post by thebarlowbandit » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:28 pm

MTRay23 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:27 pm
Just an observation, but it doesn't seem like VC runs any kind of offensive sets. It looked like they either just jack up 3's or try to go 1-on-1 without setting any type of screens or anything, and they don't follow their shots. They just let the shot go then run back down the floor. WCH killed them on the boards and beat them to death running the floor.
Exactly, this is what I was referring to by saying that Unioto exposed them. They simply played a schedule where you rolled out the ball and won because you were the best in a bad league. You cannot control your league, but they played 10 non-league games against 9 bad teams, 8 of which is smaller.

Amock0905
Freshman Team

Post by Amock0905 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:20 am

Vc got down early again just like the loss to unioto! Darian radabaugh had her worst game of her career going I believe 0-7 from beyond the arc, any other day she would have hit at least 4 of those! This loss though is on Vinton county as a team! As a team they didn’t come out ready, we didn’t see the intensity that we are used to seeing from Cassie Bentley to lead the team to start the game, gotta give it to the girls though they fought hard to get back into the game but you can’t go down double digits after 1 and expect to come back! Again hard fought game by Vinton County and I’ll be looking forward to watching them again next year

godsgeneral
Freshman Team

Post by godsgeneral » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:53 am

thebarlowbandit wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:28 pm
MTRay23 wrote:
Exactly, this is what I was referring to by saying that Unioto exposed them. They simply played a schedule where you rolled out the ball and won because you were the best in a bad league. You cannot control your league, but they played 10 non-league games against 9 bad teams, 8 of which is smaller.
Barlow Bandit, while you go out of your way to say, "I told you so," the teenage girls on the Vinton County basketball team, and their fans, are celebrating their efforts and accomplishments this season. The girls worked hard during the summer, and all season long to win 21 games, win the TVC and Section, regardless of who they had to play to get there. No one is denying that Unioto and Washington CH are excellent teams, and maybe VC isn't the same caliber as the teams currently advancing in the DII tournments, but your continued efforts to undermine the program seem a little pretentious and unnecessary.

Congratulations to VC, Unioto and Miami Trace on a great season, and best wishes to Washington CH & Sheridan as they continue their tournament run.

thebarlowbandit
All Conference

Post by thebarlowbandit » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:56 am

godsgeneral wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:53 am
thebarlowbandit wrote:
MTRay23 wrote:
Barlow Bandit, while you go out of your way to say, "I told you so," the teenage girls on the Vinton County basketball team, and their fans, are celebrating their efforts and accomplishments this season. The girls worked hard during the summer, and all season long to win 21 games, win the TVC and Section, regardless of who they had to play to get there. No one is denying that Unioto and Washington CH are excellent teams, and maybe VC isn't the same caliber as the teams currently advancing in the DII tournments, but your continued efforts to undermine the program seem a little pretentious and unnecessary.

Congratulations to VC, Unioto and Miami Trace on a great season, and best wishes to Washington CH & Sheridan as they continue their tournament run.
First off, I clearly stated (in this post and past post), congrats on a nice season. And this has nothing to do with the kids, the kids can only play the games the adults give them. But if you believe you are going to have a good season, you need to schedule accordingly. Coach Combs does a great job of this, the boy's play teams that prepare them for post season success (sometimes you win them, sometimes you don't), however you have to know where your team stands. And you can not judge that when you play a constant stream of inferior competition, night in, night out.

Amock0905
Freshman Team

Post by Amock0905 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:53 pm

thebarlowbandit wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:56 am
godsgeneral wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:53 am
thebarlowbandit wrote:

First off, I clearly stated (in this post and past post), congrats on a nice season. And this has nothing to do with the kids, the kids can only play the games the adults give them. But if you believe you are going to have a good season, you need to schedule accordingly. Coach Combs does a great job of this, the boy's play teams that prepare them for post season success (sometimes you win them, sometimes you don't), however you have to know where your team stands. And you can not judge that when you play a constant stream of inferior competition, night in, night out.
I completely agree with this even being a vc fan I would rather have seen them have 6 losses to better teams than 21 wins against sub par teams I think coach Bentley will take that into consideration and schedule tougher games! Vc has some potential on the jv team. Look for Lydia Nichols to step up next year she was a big reason for the jv success and played some valuable minutes this year on varsity playing defense she’s another one of them girls that can play defense very well Vinton County has nothing to worry about next year

hawkeyepierce
All State

Post by hawkeyepierce » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:25 am

The Lady Vikings lost this game in the first quarter. They simply missed to many early buckets. I believe they 0-9 to start the game. In the meantime, WCH did what they do. When you think about it, the first quarter score was 19-6. The problem wasn't that WCH scored 19, it is a little much for a defensive minded team, but it was only that Lady Vikings scored 6. If they were able to convert on some of those early buckets, now the score may be 19-14 or 19-16 and then it is a totally different ballgame. I haven't checked the stats yet, but I can't imagine that the Lady Vikings shot better than 20% in the first half.

Coming out in the second half, the Vikings got an early three, and then a turnover, just to turn the ball back over, those two possessions could have been huge as the Lady Vikings were trying to claw their way back into it. However, the Lady Vikings won the second half, but the early deficit was too much.

As far as scheduling, the Lady Vikings did not have any non-conference cupcakes on the schedule. Westfall, Paint Valley, and Unioto out of the SVC. Philo, South Webster, Johnathan Alder, Marietta, and Wheelersburg. The Wheelersburg game was never played due to the weather. Granted, inside our conference there were teams that have had better seasons, but the Lady Vikings cannot do anything about that, they have to be scheduled. Furthermore, there is a fine line between scheduling to be competitive and scheduling and getting beat by better opponents for the sake of scheduling up. If you think 6 losses are ok, you are wrong. Because going into the draw, now you become a lower seed, and lose the advantage of having a higher seed in the tournament. Again, there is a fine line there, and yes, Coach Combs has done a great job of scheduling.

mhs95_06
All State

Post by mhs95_06 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:50 pm

#3 seed Sheridan beat two #2 seeds(Warren by 11, Washington by 13) and a #1 seed(Miami Trace by 13), all by about the same margins. The other #1 seed, Vinton Co, faced only one of those 4 teams, Miami Trace, and lost by 16. In retrospect it is clear who the best team of all 5 is. Due to way too much valuation given to number of losses, the seedings were unfair to Warren which was deprived of a deserved opportunity to be matched up with a comparable opponent, Miami Trace or Washington, at the district level instead of Vinton Co. Sheridan should have had a #1 or #2 seed, and Vinton Co. the #3 and got to play Warren or Sheridan in the sectional.