Re: Vinton County/Washington C.H.

Post by noreply66 »

VC

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Jar
Waterboy

Post by Jar »

I’ll go with C.H. in a tight game. This will be a good matchup.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I think Washington takes it. They beat a solid Unioto team

MTRay23
Freshman Team

Post by MTRay23 »

Just comparing scores, VC only beat Fairfield Union by 13, Miami Trace beat FU by 31 last week and WCH has played MT pretty evenly both games this year so i'm taking WCH by around 10

SEFan
JV Team

Post by SEFan »

It’ll depend on the Bentley sisters. If they have big games, I’ll take VC. If not, I’ll take WCH.

Amock0905
Freshman Team

Post by Amock0905 »

The Bentley sisters didn’t have big games but the ousley girl that plays point guard had a monster night last week

The 24 year drought is over! 🏈🏆
The Artist 99
Waterboy

Post by The Artist 99 »

Not sure VC will be able to stop Haithcock inside and the Burns girl is fast. Should be a great game.

Gucci
Riding the Bench

Post by Gucci »

I believe both teams played Unioto during the regular season. Court House beat Unioto in the regular season and in the tourney whereas VC lost to Unioto. Not sure what exactly that tells you. It's a game of matchups and both teams are great teams. I have seen WCH a few times but have not seen VC but know about the Bentley girls. They can flat out play. Should be a great game with several outstanding players.

Gucci
Riding the Bench

Post by Gucci »

Saw where VC cancelled school today

MTRay23
Freshman Team

Post by MTRay23 »

end of 1
WCH 19
VC 6

MTRay23
Freshman Team

Post by MTRay23 »

half
WCH 38
VC 17

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

It is scary to compare scores, but Unioto smashed VC with their 2 interior players combining for 38 points and 27 rebounds without playing the last half of the 4th. Those same interior players struggled in both games against Washington.

This outcome shouldn't be much of a surprise to anyone who watched both teams this year. VC had a great season, but Washington is the much better squad.

MTRay23
Freshman Team

Post by MTRay23 »

END OF 3
WCH 54
VC 33

MTRay23
Freshman Team

Post by MTRay23 »

FINAL
WCH 69
VC 53

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Congrats to VC on a good season, but as I said before, their non league schedule is a joke and simply built for wins. Their strategy that they get away with playing sub .500 teams will not work against teams who can play basketball.

MTRay23
Freshman Team

Post by MTRay23 »

Just an observation, but it doesn't seem like VC runs any kind of offensive sets. It looked like they either just jack up 3's or try to go 1-on-1 without setting any type of screens or anything, and they don't follow their shots. They just let the shot go then run back down the floor. WCH killed them on the boards and beat them to death running the floor.

bulldog9597
Waterboy

Post by bulldog9597 »

VC had a heck of a season. As I sat in the stands tonight watched them play ball, Realized the Bentley sisters Were the main reason they were 21-1. Now to train for next year losing Cassie Bentley who is one of the best seniors in our area, Darian Radabaugh can light up the board any minute, and Erin Jones the quick point guard who plays defense. They still have Josie Ousley with great speed and defense and Morgan Bentley who is phenomenal all around player. They were the best shooting team in TVC by far. Will be hard to replace the three seniors, but Coach Bentley will figure it out.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

MTRay23 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:27 pm Just an observation, but it doesn't seem like VC runs any kind of offensive sets. It looked like they either just jack up 3's or try to go 1-on-1 without setting any type of screens or anything, and they don't follow their shots. They just let the shot go then run back down the floor. WCH killed them on the boards and beat them to death running the floor.
Exactly, this is what I was referring to by saying that Unioto exposed them. They simply played a schedule where you rolled out the ball and won because you were the best in a bad league. You cannot control your league, but they played 10 non-league games against 9 bad teams, 8 of which is smaller.

Amock0905
Freshman Team

Post by Amock0905 »

Vc got down early again just like the loss to unioto! Darian radabaugh had her worst game of her career going I believe 0-7 from beyond the arc, any other day she would have hit at least 4 of those! This loss though is on Vinton county as a team! As a team they didn’t come out ready, we didn’t see the intensity that we are used to seeing from Cassie Bentley to lead the team to start the game, gotta give it to the girls though they fought hard to get back into the game but you can’t go down double digits after 1 and expect to come back! Again hard fought game by Vinton County and I’ll be looking forward to watching them again next year

The 24 year drought is over! 🏈🏆

Return to “Girls Basketball”