(1) Minford vs (2) Southeastern - DIII District Final

Jar
Waterboy

Re: (1) Minford vs (2) Southeastern - DIII District Final

Post by Jar »

Daniels and Skeens are both GREAT players. Bottom line. End of story. Congrats to both on a great career and sharing District Player of the Year.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Sid Farkus wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:00 am
Bleeding Red wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:36 pm Not impressed with Skeens as far as the scoring records she set. Decent player but Daniels is 10 times the basketball player.

Minford the much better overall team in the first half.
You weren't impressed with Skeens? Let me tell you who was impressed. Dayton's coach along with a number of other coaches at the D1 level who offered her full rides to play for them. Now, Daniels impressed me today, but I'm curious, how many D1 coaches has she impressed? Like I said, she impressed me today, but to say she's 10 times the player Skeens is makes you look foolish.
Yikes, I don't typically criticize opinions on here, but the one that you quoted is really poor. I was hoping that Ella would end up at Wright State, but she'll have a great career at Dayton.

Both Skeens and Daniels are great players and that's all that needs said.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Unexpectedly great season for the Panthers! Congrats to Minford on the win, really good team. Unfortunately, when you get to this point in the tournament, it's more about the role players than the stars, and Minford is much better 2-7 than SE. More times than I can count, Ella made a great pass, and easy shots didn't get finished. 26 games of Skeens being double/triple teamed and she still averages 29pts a game on the year. We've had the good fortune of watching a rare talent for the last four years. I expect her to have a very nice career at Dayton, and definitely see her being a fan favorite.

As for the Skeens vs Daniels debate, both are great players, but Ella is a step above. There's a reason one is moving on to Dayton, and the other to Ashland.

Jar
Waterboy

Post by Jar »

Step above? You couldn’t just leave it as they’re both great players could you? Ashland is an incredible Championship school. Obviously you didn’t watch Saturdays game. Daniels was the best player that day. Skeens was never once double teamed or face guarded. Minford pressured SE role players only. Leave it rest. They’re both great players. Good luck to both in the future.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Good luck falcons. Keep the SOC 2 alive.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Go get 'em FALCONS!!!

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Jar wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:02 pm Step above? You couldn’t just leave it as they’re both great players could you? Ashland is an incredible Championship school. Obviously you didn’t watch Saturdays game. Daniels was the best player that day. Skeens was never once double teamed or face guarded. Minford pressured SE role players only. Leave it rest. They’re both great players. Good luck to both in the future.
Exactly. I guess I just expected more due to the records that Skeens set during her high school career. Probably not fair to judge her based on one game against no doubt the best defense she has faced this year. Didnt exactly expect people to put my comment (that was far from bashing btw) up in lights.

I will say that Daniels put a sick move on Skeens around the half court line (with a cross over) that looked like an ESPN football "juked out of your shoes" highlight. Daniels can really handle the ball well even while getting double teamed.

Obviously Skeens had a brilliant high school career and best of luck to her at Dayton.

Return to “Girls Basketball”