Post by mattash »

Thoughts? Some pretty good records

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
ManitouDan2
SE

Re: Notre Dame 25-0 v Waterford 23-1

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Wish I were around to see this one . Good luck Titans . Tall order for a team with young guards . But Its HS ball ANYTHING can happen .

Shoot_It_From_Deep
Freshman Team

Post by Shoot_It_From_Deep »

Should be a great game. Both teams with good ball handlers, quickness, and solid post play. Foul trouble and turnovers will be the key for both teams, much like in any game. Slight edge to Waterford due to their tournament experience. If the teams played 10 times I would give the edge to Waterford 6-4 or 7-3 which means that in a single game either team could win if their shooters are hot.

Moses Guthrie
Varsity

Post by Moses Guthrie »

Pulling for ND.. Go Lady Titans!!

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

Waterford by 10+.....

warrior 89
Freshman Team

Post by warrior 89 »

Watched both games last night, ND by 10+, Waterford has nothing for their BIGS!

Lightle72
Riding the Bench

Post by Lightle72 »

Waterford is a dynasty in D-4 over the last 4 years they have been dominating teams heck they beat a great D-3 ranked Mumford team earlier this year. Notre Dame may win but it won’t be by 10+ you must be drinking a little to much at communion.

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

I'm not Catholic but that a ignorant classless comment.

REFEREE11
Riding the Bench

Post by REFEREE11 »

Both of these teams are very good. This will be a great game. Whatever the outcome both are well deserving and should walk with heads held high win or lose. As for the communion comment WOW!

Onthefence
Freshman Team

Post by Onthefence »

Both teams are well coached. Pulling for the scioto county team.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Waterford by 5+, putting all kinds of pressure on there guards will cause all kinds of turnovers or at least disrupt there flow. I think this is key , if you can’t get ball up court and get in sets anytime you want, this will be difference. Good luck to all

Shoot_It_From_Deep
Freshman Team

Lady Wildcats are a powerhouse. They beat Minford at their place, beat a 19-win DII Vincent Warren, and beat WV AAA Paerkersburg who is in the state tourney in their state. Taking nothing away from ND as they are very, very good, but Waterford is battle tested and will be very difficult to beat. Taking Waterford by 8 in this one.

Pantherfan
Freshman Team

Post by Pantherfan »

Prime Time wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:15 am Waterford by 5+, putting all kinds of pressure on there guards will cause all kinds of turnovers or at least disrupt there flow. I think this is key , if you can’t get ball up court and get in sets anytime you want, this will be difference. Good luck to all
I think this is the only way to keep the ND post from scoring. However, many other teams have tried this to no avail. The ND guards are young but very good and will handle the pressure. It's easy to get the pass to the middle of the court against the press when your Center is 5 inches taller than everybody else. I have seen both teams play more than once. This should be a good game. I am going with ND by a point in double overtime. Both teams have played some very good opponents. Good luck to both teams and most importantly, I hope both teams walk away without any injuries.

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

Shoot_It_From_Deep wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:16 pm Lady Wildcats are a powerhouse. They beat Minford at their place, beat a 19-win DII Vincent Warren, and beat WV AAA Paerkersburg who is in the state tourney in their state. Taking nothing away from ND as they are very, very good, but Waterford is battle tested and will be very difficult to beat. Taking Waterford by 8 in this one.
If you beat Minford then you are good. I guess then this will in fact be a close game between 2 very good teams 😀. I am going with Notre Dame by 2. Detweiller just named district POY and Smith who plays much better in high pressure games. The young guards are no longer freshman and sophomore ....they have 26 games under their belt this year. Pulling for an upset.

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

I like to root for local teams, but Notre Dame will have there hands full. Minford and ND tied in the preview, but I think the Falcons would win by 15+ during the season against the Titans. Best of luck ND.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Who has the most pressure on them here. A unbeaten team or a one loss team, any thoughts here, my thoughts the unbeaten team, I would like to get beat during season and have a loss than being unbeaten going deep into tournament without tasting defeat. Thoughts!

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

mglight88 wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:03 pm I like to root for local teams, but Notre Dame will have there hands full. Minford and ND tied in the preview, but I think the Falcons would win by 15+ during the season against the Titans. Best of luck ND.
Thanks we will need to be on our A game. Best of luck to Minford too. If you talk to someone who has a girl that plays for Minford I dont think they will agree with your Minford by +15.

Falconfan14
Riding the Bench

Post by Falconfan14 »

Notre Dame and Minford both still had a scrimmage left and used this scrimmage just before tourney started. Scrimmage was at Norte Dame with Notre Dame winning 67-63 in an almost game like atmosphere. Having seen both teams play I think Waterford definitely has better guard play but believe Notre Dame guards are good enough to beat pressure. Feel Notre Dame has slight advantage inside but Waterford has height with athleticism and will not be easy to score on inside. Believe Waterford will win very close game because of their tourney experience and having so many seniors.

Shoot_It_From_Deep
Freshman Team

Very good analysis on the game by all. Bottom line is that these two teams are probably both good enough to be in the Final Four this year but unfortunately one of them won't make it. I can't imagine there is a much better regional semifinal anywhere than this one!

Gold and Blue
Freshman Team

Post by Gold and Blue »

Will be interesting to see if ND plays a zone. Believe their guards can match quickness with Waterford but their 4 and 5 will be vulnerable if extended out to guard the more athletic #24 and 30. Sorry don't have names.N D contest outside shots and hope Waterford not connecting. I believe N D can limit offensive rebounds with their size. Finally N D handle full court press with no backcourt turnovers to easy baskets. Limiting fouls on key players. Seen N D couple times and they will play hard which could keep the game close. Waterford experience a big key for them.

Return to “Girls Basketball”