REGIONAL - Where Will It Be?

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Re: REGIONAL - Where Will It Be?

Post by Chieftain2009 »

TravisHill22 wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:42 pm It's a shame Logan couldn't have had the OHSAA change this to Thursday or even Tuesday
I'm still not sure why Logan isn't hosting it. Logan has no more home tournament games, because starting in districts, the Central District plays their games at neutral sites.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:24 pm
TravisHill22 wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:42 pm It's a shame Logan couldn't have had the OHSAA change this to Thursday or even Tuesday
I'm still not sure why Logan isn't hosting it. Logan has no more home tournament games, because starting in districts, the Central District plays their games at neutral sites.
Just read that they are not having the D3 games at Logan because the Logan boys game for districts are the same days that the girls regionals are on.

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

The sites that host Regional Tournaments have to sign a contract with the OHSAA. The contract may give the an out if the school is still playing in the playoffs. Also, the contract may also require a certain number of workers available and with Logan boys playing that night Logan may not be able to honor that. I respect that Logan would give up these games because of the 4 great teams coming to play and the great crowds that these 3 games will attract.
I figured the OHSAA would try to move to Regional to Columbus Area. If Marietta College does host it will be hosting the best Division III Regional of the 4. The favorites have to be Columbus Africentric and Berlin Hiland to reach the finals but Minford and Fairland are very good teams and I think will give Africentric and Hiland all they want.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I just heard seating will be limited with seating on one side ONLY. This really surprises me!!!!!! This for a D3 REGIONAL?

earp
S

Post by earp »

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Looks like the side that will be "closed" only has about 5 rows of seats anyway. The other side looks pretty big.

earp
S

Post by earp »

It should be plenty big enough.Africentric wont bring many people.

Return to “Girls Basketball”