Waterboy

Lady Trojans

Post by Dnice » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:13 pm

Lady Trojans 2018 thoughts?

Dnice
Waterboy

Re: Lady Trojans

Post by Dnice » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:15 pm

I can tell you right now they are getting ready this year to make sum noise!!!!!!!!!

baseball16
Varsity

Post by baseball16 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:21 pm

I can tell you right now, they are going to finish in the bottom half of the OVC.

Fairland
Ironton
South Point
Coal Grove
Chesapeake
are all better then Portsmouth Right Now.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:59 pm

I don't believe dnice said where they would finish.Just they'd make noise.And noise will be a heck of a lot better than the past few years.
"Fight on for dear old Pittsburgh!"

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--3rd All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:30 am

One of my major issues with the Lady Trojans over the years has been lack of conditioning. I try to watch a few games every year and it always strikes me how out of shape at least half of the roster is. The other teams simply beat them up the court time and again and it makes a big difference on the scoreboard. I told new coach Amy Hughes (great hire) to get the girls in shape. If indeed that happens, there will be more wins for the Lady Trojans. I know with Amy's background that she won't put up with girls who don't take conditioning seriously.

Run girls, run, run, and then run some more.......and it's not up to the coach to get you in shape. Show some self motivation and be in great shape the very first day of practice. It will make Coach Hughes job much easier. Good conditioning alone will make the team at least more competitive. Lack of conditioning leads to more turnovers, bad shots, more missed layups/FT's, and lazy defense.

Being a distance runner myself, and having played against many of the former Trojan boys on the playgrounds, I know that my outstanding conditioning helped me to at least be competitive vs. players who were better skill wise than me. Great conditioning cannot be overvalued.