2018/19 Portsmouth Lady Trojans

User avatar
Miles Wood
Waterboy
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:14 pm

Re: 2018/19 Portsmouth Lady Trojans

Post by Miles Wood » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:09 pm

What do we know about the next opponent eastern brown? They seem to always very competitive year in and year out.tough road game on a weeknight.


"The Autumn Wind Is A Pirate"

ManitouDan2
S
Posts: 1522
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:00 am

Re: 2018/19 Portsmouth Lady Trojans

Post by ManitouDan2 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:23 am

Who has the coach position now ?



Ironman92
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 17836
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: 2018/19 Portsmouth Lady Trojans

Post by Ironman92 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:40 am

ManitouDan2 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:23 am
Who has the coach position now ?
Amy Hughes I believe. She knows her stuff and was big time player for Burg back in early/mid 90’s. She’s had some coaching jobs. I know she was at Chillicothe and seems like she was at South Webster and led both of those teams to good success.

I might be misremembering though lol



Ironman92
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 17836
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: 2018/19 Portsmouth Lady Trojans

Post by Ironman92 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:42 am

Miles Wood wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:09 pm
What do we know about the next opponent eastern brown? They seem to always very competitive year in and year out.tough road game on a weeknight.
Eastern Brown has been really good for the last 20+ years. Final 4 just a couple years ago. Much of that team is gone but the have good guards, a great post player and they do things well. Very good size that can play.



User avatar
Black Panther
SEO
Posts: 2557
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:35 pm
Location: Panther Hollow

Re: 2018/19 Portsmouth Lady Trojans

Post by Black Panther » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:31 pm

Ironman92 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:40 am
ManitouDan2 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:23 am
Who has the coach position now ?
Amy Hughes I believe. She knows her stuff and was big time player for Burg back in early/mid 90’s. She’s had some coaching jobs. I know she was at Chillicothe and seems like she was at South Webster and led both of those teams to good success.

I might be misremembering though lol
She has coached at Rock Hill,Ironton,(2005 Final Four) Chillicothe and now PHS.Her father coached the girls at South Webster.But he's known more for coaching the boys teams at Wheelersburg and Green.


"Over Fate And Foe Victorious"

baseball16
Varsity
Posts: 556
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:03 am

Re: 2018/19 Portsmouth Lady Trojans

Post by baseball16 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:01 pm

How are the Lady Trojans doing? Has Hughes turned them into a contender? What is their current record?



User avatar
Black Panther
SEO
Posts: 2557
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:35 pm
Location: Panther Hollow

Re: 2018/19 Portsmouth Lady Trojans

Post by Black Panther » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:55 pm

Apparently they're pretty young.But they were good enough to beat an good Ironton team.So some talent must be there.Some things take time.But once she has the program built up it will be good.You have to remember phs girls basketball has been a bottom feeder for many years.I actually don't remember the last time they were even average much less good.


"Over Fate And Foe Victorious"

baseball16
Varsity
Posts: 556
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:03 am

Re: 2018/19 Portsmouth Lady Trojans

Post by baseball16 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:23 pm

Maybe Dnice can fill us in. Considering they were going to "make a lot of noise" this year. ;) :lol:



User avatar
Black Panther
SEO
Posts: 2557
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:35 pm
Location: Panther Hollow

Re: 2018/19 Portsmouth Lady Trojans

Post by Black Panther » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:37 pm

baseball16 wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:23 pm
Maybe Dnice can fill us in. Considering they were going to "make a lot of noise" this year. ;) :lol:
I think it was "some noise".And in beating Ironton I think they already did that.Now it's time to improve as best you can and hopefully win a few more games in the process.


"Over Fate And Foe Victorious"

User avatar
Miles Wood
Waterboy
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:14 pm

Re: 2018/19 Portsmouth Lady Trojans

Post by Miles Wood » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:54 pm

Looks like they picked up another W! Good job Girls!!!


"The Autumn Wind Is A Pirate"

Ironman92
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 17836
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: 2018/19 Portsmouth Lady Trojans

Post by Ironman92 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:11 pm

Miles Wood wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:54 pm
Looks like they picked up another W! Good job Girls!!!
Whiteoak has won about 15 games in the last decade. They lost to 1-4 Manchester by 60



User avatar
Miles Wood
Waterboy
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:14 pm

Re: 2018/19 Portsmouth Lady Trojans

Post by Miles Wood » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:10 am

Ironman92 wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:11 pm
Miles Wood wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:54 pm
Looks like they picked up another W! Good job Girls!!!
Whiteoak has won about 15 games in the last decade. They lost to 1-4 Manchester by 60
So what.At this point a w is a w.Bring on Manchester then...lol


"The Autumn Wind Is A Pirate"

Moses Guthrie
JV Team
Posts: 376
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:11 pm

Re: 2018/19 Portsmouth Lady Trojans

Post by Moses Guthrie » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:45 pm

Ironman92 wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:11 pm
Miles Wood wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:54 pm
Looks like they picked up another W! Good job Girls!!!
Whiteoak has won about 15 games in the last decade. They lost to 1-4 Manchester by 60
Keep in mind that the Portsmouth Lady Trojans have only won a handful of games in the last several years as well.. so you will have to forgive some of the faithful if and when they get excited about a win, regardless of the opponent..
Amy will have a competitive program in place in a couple years, then in approximately 3 - 4 years they will have success against the top teams around..



Dnice
Waterboy
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:08 am

Re: 2018/19 Portsmouth Lady Trojans

Post by Dnice » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:09 pm

Just got another win against Manchester!!!! Go Trojans!!



Dnice
Waterboy
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:08 am

Re: 2018/19 Portsmouth Lady Trojans

Post by Dnice » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:45 am

Southeastern today . Go Trojans !!!!!!!!



KRS
Freshman Team
Posts: 229
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:44 am

Re: 2018/19 Portsmouth Lady Trojans

Post by KRS » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:03 pm

PHS-45
SE-37



User avatar
Black Panther
SEO
Posts: 2557
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:35 pm
Location: Panther Hollow

Re: 2018/19 Portsmouth Lady Trojans

Post by Black Panther » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:20 pm

KRS wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:03 pm
PHS-45
SE-37
Good job!


"Over Fate And Foe Victorious"

User avatar
Miles Wood
Waterboy
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:14 pm

Re: 2018/19 Portsmouth Lady Trojans

Post by Miles Wood » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:56 pm

I believe that puts them at 4-6 on the season.


"The Autumn Wind Is A Pirate"

Dnice
Waterboy
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:08 am

Re: 2018/19 Portsmouth Lady Trojans

Post by Dnice » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:35 pm

He was terrible regardless they're still just kids no point in bashing them smh some people



User avatar
Black Panther
SEO
Posts: 2557
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:35 pm
Location: Panther Hollow

Re: 2018/19 Portsmouth Lady Trojans

Post by Black Panther » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:46 pm

Dnice wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:35 pm
He was terrible regardless they're still just kids no point in bashing them smh some people
No doubt.Just looking at the schedule,I think they have a real shot to get to the.500 mark in early Jan.The toughest part of the schedule I believe is behind them.


"Over Fate And Foe Victorious"

ManitouDan2
S
Posts: 1522
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:00 am

Re: 2018/19 Portsmouth Lady Trojans

Post by ManitouDan2 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:05 am

sportsjunky22 wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:38 am
ManitouDan2 wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:40 am
In extreme poor taste to joke about happy hearts .
And this guy is an assistant or was an assistant for SSU softball.
I sent you a private message .



Ironman92
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 17836
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: 2018/19 Portsmouth Lady Trojans

Post by Ironman92 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:56 am

Barlow bandit an assistant softball coach at SSU?

What?



ManitouDan2
S
Posts: 1522
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:00 am

Re: 2018/19 Portsmouth Lady Trojans

Post by ManitouDan2 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:14 pm

this thread seems to be going off rail faster by the hour .. What in the world are you talking about Ironman ?



Ironman92
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 17836
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: 2018/19 Portsmouth Lady Trojans

Post by Ironman92 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:02 pm

Guess I just don’t understand sportsjunkie’spost

Barlowbandit is not manitouDan2 and I never said he was. I thought spoetsjunkie was trying to tell MD2 that barlowbandit used to be an assistant at SSU

Barlowbandit is a Warren Local guy



User avatar
Black Panther
SEO
Posts: 2557
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:35 pm
Location: Panther Hollow

Re: 2018/19 Portsmouth Lady Trojans

Post by Black Panther » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:10 pm

Ironman92 wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:02 pm
Guess I just don’t understand sportsjunkie’spost

Barlowbandit is not manitouDan2 and I never said he was. I thought spoetsjunkie was trying to tell MD2 that barlowbandit used to be an assistant at SSU

Barlowbandit is a Warren Local guy
I thought he had a connection to Warren.Barlow is in Washington County.That explains a lot.Probably the fan who got tossed at the Chillicothe/Warren game a few years back.LOL. A game Chillicothe won by the way.... ;)


"Over Fate And Foe Victorious"

Post Reply

Return to “Girls Basketball”