Top 10 players in SE Ohio..

captainmorgan_
JV Team

Top 10 players in SE Ohio..

Post by captainmorgan_ »

Saw this on the boys forum so why not do the top 10 girls.. Go...

SCOH50
JV Team

Re: Top 10 players in SE Ohio..

Post by SCOH50 »

THIS IS ONLY 2019 KIDS, IF YOU WANT TO SEE OUR 2020'S, 2021, 2022 CHECK US OUT ON TWITTER @ohio50 or Facebook South Central Ohio 50 Girls Hoops page.
PEYTON SCOTT, LYNCHBURG CLAY is the best player in South Central/Eastern Ohio. Will score over 2000 pts this year, leads teams in several categories has dropped Triple doubles, can flat out play.

my list covers a lot of ground
Not a Player Ranking (and yes I have seen all these kids play)
PEYTON SCOTT CG 5’8” LYNCHBURG CLAY (SIGNED WITH MIAMI OH)
MYA JACKSON PG 5’7” WILIMINGTON HS (SIGNED TO SETON HALL)
ALEXA PENNINGTON F 6’1” EASTERN BROWN (SIGNED TO EKU)
ALLIE MARSHALL F 6’1” FAIRLAND HS (SIGNED WITH CEDARVILLE
HANNA HAITHCOCK F 6’ WASHINGTON CH (COMMITTED TO SOUTHERN INDIANA)
RACHAEL RICHARDSON G/PG 5’8” ALEXANDER HS (VERBALLED TO KY WESLYAN)
ALYSSA EVANS PG 5’7” AMANDA CLEARCREEK (COMMITTED TO URSULINE)
KATIE DETTWILLER C 6’4” PORTS ND (COMMITTED TO ST FRANCIS)
ABBY KALLNER G 5’7” WHEELERSBURG (SIGNED WITH SSU)
JESSICA CHASE PG 5’7” WILLIAMSBURG(COMMITTED TO TIFFIN)
GRACE MCDOWELL SF 5’10” NORTH ADAMS
MCKENNA RICE F 5’10” ALEXANDER HS
BETHANY STARLIN SF 5’11” LOGAN
EMMA HARTER G 5’9” ATHENS
KIM SIEGLA G 5’7” GEORGTOWN HS
MADDIE COOK SF 5’10” SOUTH WEBSTER (SIGNED WITH TREVECCA NAZERENE)
KELSI WARNOCK G 5’8” FAIRLAND HS
HALEIGH SAMMONS G 5’7” NEW LEXINGTON
ASHLEY BLANKENSHIP C 6’3.5” MNFORD
BECCA PULLINS G 5’7” MEIGS
JASMINE ELEY PG 5’7” PORTSMOUTH HS
CAITLYN PUCKETT G 5’8” MINFORD HS
JOCIE FISHER F 5’10” UNIOTO HS

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

SCOH50 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:42 am ..(and yes I have seen all these kids play)...
SCOH50 is one of the very few on this board that can knowledgeably weigh in on this subject.

I think this topic is just silly. If you don't travel the entire SE District to watch players (like SCOH50 does), you are just giving your opinion on the small # of SE District players that you have seen play locally, most likely limited to your conference.

Post by SEFan »

Ok. Put together a list of kids in SE that I think are going to have at least big impacts on their teams if nothing else. Did a little research though I’ve seen a lot of these kids and heard of almost all. Sorry if I missed anybody, add them to the list! :)

Honorable Mention (no order):

Zoiee Smith
Grace Lightle
Caitlyn Brisker
Allie Marshall
Emilee Whitt
Abbie Kallner
Avery Harper
Rachael Adams
Jensen Warnock
Brooke Kennedy
Sydney Spencer
Paige Tolson
Sylvia Evans

Eight who just missed the cut (again no order):

Beth Starlin
Alexa Pennington
Kenzie McConnell
Ashley Blankenship
Jocie Fisher
Hannah Haithcock
Morgan Reynolds
Kassidy Bettzing

Top 10:

#10 - Jacey Justice - Peebles - Sophomore

Huge year last year. Averaged nearly 20 points per game as a freshman! Look for her to make even more noise this year with a year under her belt.

#9 - Rachel Cooke - Sheridan - Senior

Had averaged around 14 the past two seasons. In order for Sheridan to make that next jump, I think she needs to have a big season. I would bet the senior will!

#8 - Myriah Davis - Vinton County - Sophomore

A transfer from Logan, looking to build on a hugely successful freshman campaign. Named Special Mentjon All-State. Really hated to see this one leave Logan (don’t get me started) as I believe by her senior year she’ll be number 1 on this list.

#7 - Haleigh Sammons - New Lexington - Senior

Another transfer out of Logan. A deadly shooter that when she gets going on the offensive side, is one of the best scorers in the state. Will need to have a big year to help the winless New Lex Panthers from a season ago.

#6 - Rachel Richardson - Alexander - Senior

Another big time senior in SE Ohio. A deadly shooter who can score at absolute will. Should be a fun senior season for her and Alexander.

#5 - Lexi Arden - Ironton - Junior

A beast on both ends of the court. As she starts the second half of her high school career, I wouldn’t be surprised if she tops this list pretty quickly. She will be a walking double-double this year and put up well over 20 points per contest.

#4 - Katie Dettwiller - Notre Dame - Senior

Averaged a double-double last year as a junior. Look for those numbers to only increase as she has to help pick up the slack from her running mate, Lexi Smith, from last season. Dettwiller will be a force every single night.

#3 - Kendyl Mick - Sheridan - Junior

The best junior in SE Ohio and one of the better PGs in the state. A lot of high expectations for Sheridan this season and rightfully so. They are loaded and it looks like this could be the year for them!

#2 - Morgan Bentley - Vinton County - Sophomore

Yet another Logan transfer (anybody else seeing a trend) and a crazy good talent. Morgan is one of the best players in the state as she can do anything 1-5 that you need her to do. An unbelievable scorer and with big sister out, her numbers could skyrocket!

#1 - Peyton Scott - Lynchburg-Clay - Senior

Though some of the positions I debated on and probably still have a few wrong, this one is a no brainer. One of the best players in the state who is impossible to get stopped. A Miami (Ohio) recruit who will go over 2,000 career points this season. If you haven’t seen her play, I suggest you find a night to do so. A very fun talent to watch!

Should be a fun year of girls basketball!!

SCOH50
JV Team

Post by SCOH50 »

AVERY HARPER IS AT RIO GRANDE NOW

LEXI ARDEN IS OUT DUE TO INJURY

SHERIDAN REALLY CONSIDER THEM UP NEAR CBUS AREA

CIRCLEVILLE IS CBUS AREA, THEY ALSO HAVE A 6'2" KID NAMED MEGHAN DAVIS WHO WAS GREATLY IMPROVED THIS SUMMER TRAVEL BALL SEASON. COMBINED WITH MCCONELL WILL BE TOUGH INTERIOR PLAY. GOOD GUARD PLAY WILL BE A MUST FOR THEM TO BE SUCCESSFULL.

THE KIDS FROM SHERIAN AND CIRCLEVILLE ARE ON MY OH 50 LIST

MY ARE THAT I WORK ON AS "HOME BASE" IS BROWN COUNTY UP THROUGH MIAMI TRACE OVER THRU CHILICOTHE TO THE BASICALLY STATE LINE AND DOWN TO THE RIVER

SOME OF THE PLAYERS ALSO PUT WINNING FIRST OVER INDIVIDUAL GOALS AND SOME GOT SLOWED BY "SYSTEMS" THEY ARE IN SO YOU ALSO HAVE TO CONSIDER THAT INTO THE EQUATION.

ALSO I DONT JUDGE IMPACT BY SCORING, SEE ALOT OF KIDS THAT SHOOT VOLUMES BUT DONT MAKE THEIR TEAMS BETTER, SCORING DOESNT ALWAYS EQUAL BEST PLAYERS TO ME. JMO

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

SCOH50 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:42 am THIS IS ONLY 2019 KIDS, IF YOU WANT TO SEE OUR 2020'S, 2021, 2022 CHECK US OUT ON TWITTER @ohio50 or Facebook South Central Ohio 50 Girls Hoops page.
PEYTON SCOTT, LYNCHBURG CLAY is the best player in South Central/Eastern Ohio. Will score over 2000 pts this year, leads teams in several categories has dropped Triple doubles, can flat out play.

my list covers a lot of ground
Not a Player Ranking (and yes I have seen all these kids play)
PEYTON SCOTT CG 5’8” LYNCHBURG CLAY (SIGNED WITH MIAMI OH)
MYA JACKSON PG 5’7” WILIMINGTON HS (SIGNED TO SETON HALL)
ALEXA PENNINGTON F 6’1” EASTERN BROWN (SIGNED TO EKU)
ALLIE MARSHALL F 6’1” FAIRLAND HS (SIGNED WITH CEDARVILLE
HANNA HAITHCOCK F 6’ WASHINGTON CH (COMMITTED TO SOUTHERN INDIANA)
RACHAEL RICHARDSON G/PG 5’8” ALEXANDER HS (VERBALLED TO KY WESLYAN)
ALYSSA EVANS PG 5’7” AMANDA CLEARCREEK (COMMITTED TO URSULINE)
KATIE DETTWILLER C 6’4” PORTS ND (COMMITTED TO ST FRANCIS)
ABBY KALLNER G 5’7” WHEELERSBURG (SIGNED WITH SSU)
JESSICA CHASE PG 5’7” WILLIAMSBURG(COMMITTED TO TIFFIN)
GRACE MCDOWELL SF 5’10” NORTH ADAMS
MCKENNA RICE F 5’10” ALEXANDER HS
BETHANY STARLIN SF 5’11” LOGAN
EMMA HARTER G 5’9” ATHENS
KIM SIEGLA G 5’7” GEORGTOWN HS
MADDIE COOK SF 5’10” SOUTH WEBSTER (SIGNED WITH TREVECCA NAZERENE)
KELSI WARNOCK G 5’8” FAIRLAND HS
HALEIGH SAMMONS G 5’7” NEW LEXINGTON
ASHLEY BLANKENSHIP C 6’3.5” MNFORD
BECCA PULLINS G 5’7” MEIGS
JASMINE ELEY PG 5’7” PORTSMOUTH HS
CAITLYN PUCKETT G 5’8” MINFORD HS
JOCIE FISHER F 5’10” UNIOTO HS
Mary-Kate McCulloch (Nelsonville-York) should be on this list. She has been over looked because she played with Jessi Addis the last 3 years but that girl is a shooter and plays solid defense.
Makenzie Hurd will be on this list by the end of the season. She is only a freshman but she is a stud!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Mya Jackson and Peyton Scott would top my list, after that you could argue about 15-20 players to round out the next 8. Best of luck to all.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

SCOH50 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:26 pm AVERY HARPER IS AT RIO GRANDE NOW

CIRCLEVILLE IS CBUS AREA, THEY ALSO HAVE A 6'2" KID NAMED MEGHAN DAVIS WHO WAS GREATLY IMPROVED THIS SUMMER TRAVEL BALL SEASON. COMBINED WITH MCCONELL WILL BE TOUGH INTERIOR PLAY. GOOD GUARD PLAY WILL BE A MUST FOR THEM TO BE SUCCESSFULL.

MY ARE THAT I WORK ON AS "HOME BASE" IS BROWN COUNTY UP THROUGH MIAMI TRACE OVER THRU CHILICOTHE TO THE BASICALLY STATE LINE AND DOWN TO THE RIVER

SOME OF THE PLAYERS ALSO PUT WINNING FIRST OVER INDIVIDUAL GOALS AND SOME GOT SLOWED BY "SYSTEMS" THEY ARE IN SO YOU ALSO HAVE TO CONSIDER THAT INTO THE EQUATION.

ALSO I DONT JUDGE IMPACT BY SCORING, SEE ALOT OF KIDS THAT SHOOT VOLUMES BUT DONT MAKE THEIR TEAMS BETTER, SCORING DOESNT ALWAYS EQUAL BEST PLAYERS TO ME. JMO
Actually, Sheridan, Circleville are considered by the State of Ohio as being in the Southeast District. So yeah, they are Southeast District, and Not Columbus, or Central District. Just saying.

SCOH50
JV Team

Post by SCOH50 »

Pol pot wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:30 pm

Actually, Sheridan, Circleville are considered by the State of Ohio as being in the Southeast District. So yeah, they are Southeast District, and Not Columbus, or Central District. Just saying.
When I started I set my "home" coverage area North to Chillicothe (I do talk about those players though separately) I was looking at who picked them up media wise, I try to give coverge to our kids that really Big City Media doesn't see. And the State view is on a different logic. lol,

I agree about Hurd, and playing with Addis will do that and just goes along with my logic of viewing kids, just dont see NY enough. But will this year Thanks for the heads up

SEFan
JV Team

Post by SEFan »

Thought Harper was a senior. My bad!

How long isn’t Arden out?

Since Sheridan and Circleville play in the SE district, I included them on the list.

Mya Jackson isn’t SE or I would definitely have her on the list. Does anybody know if they have any games this way? I’d like to watch her play!

Great conversation! Let’s keep this going!

SCOH, any freshmen to be considered on this list? I know Sheridan has a good couple coming and Vinton County has one. My Lady Chiefs don’t have any freshmen at that level.

SCOH50
JV Team

Post by SCOH50 »

Sheridian has Freshmen 6' Faith Stinson who enrolled there to give them some size. She is versatile forward, lots of pote

SCOH50
JV Team

Post by SCOH50 »

SEFan Frosh who will impact this year or the future to watch

Not a Ranking (but I have seen all these kids in person)

ALLISON BASYE 5’10” SG HUNTINGTON ROSS HS
TEGAN BARTOE 5’8” G VINTON COUNTY HS
JESSICA KING 5’11” SF FAIRLAND HS
MARLEE GRINSTEAD 5’8” PG ALEXANDER HS
KAYLEIGH MURPHY 5’10” W COAL GROVE HS
EMMA FOUCH 5’7.5” SG FAIRFIELD LOCAL HS
ALAINA KEENEY 5’8” G WHEELERSBURG HS
KARA MEEKS 5’10” F ALEXANDER HS
HARPER BENNETT 5’ G ATHENS HS
BROOKE HOWARD 5’2” G OAK HILL HS
KAITLYN WEBB 5’4” PG JACKSON HS
LACIE WILLIAMS 5’7” W VINTON COUNTY HS
ABBY HICKS 5’7” G COAL GROVE HS
MALLORY HAWLEY 5’10” F MEIGS HS
MEGAN STEELE 5’8” G HUNGTINGTON ROSS HS
JAYDEN SMITH 5’8” W ADENA HS
MACKENZIE GLOFF 5’9” F EASTERN BROWN HS
AVERY MILLER 5’8” W UNIOTO HS
PARIS DEBORD 5’7” W UNIOTO HS

SCOH50
JV Team

Post by SCOH50 »

2020's in SCOH area to watch (OF PLAYERS I HAVE SEEN PLAY)

NOT A RANKING
LEXI ARDEN 5’9” G IRONTON HS (INJURED)
EMILY COLEMAN 5’5” G UNIOTO HS
SHAWANA CONGER 5’8” G WASHINGTON COURT HOUSE
HARLEY LYONS 5’6” PG FAIRLAND HS
EMILY WHITT 5’7” CG SOUTH POINT HS
CASPEN FORD 5’9” G/F WARREN HS
CAMRYN PICKERILL 5’7” PG EASTERN BROWN HS
LAURA MANDRICK 5’9” G ATHENS HS
AMBER COTTRILL 5’6” G UNIOTO HS
CREE STULLEY 5’9” G UNIOTO HS
LAUREN CAMPBELL 5’9” F PORTS NOTRE DAME
RAYANA BURNS 5’8” PG WASHINGTON COURT HOUSE
CAITLYN BRISKER 5’6” G OAK HILL HS
BREE CALL 5’7” G LUCASVILLE VALLEY HS
KYLIE DEER 5’8” G SYMMES VALLEY HS
JAELYN WARNOCK 5’9” G PORTSMOUTH CLAY HS
JENNA STONE 5’6” G FAIRLAND HS
TAYLOR SCHMIDT 5''6" PG PORTSMOUTH ND ****SHE IS ON MY ORIGINAL LIST BIG PART OF ND DOES.
Last edited by SCOH50 on Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SCOH50
JV Team

Post by SCOH50 »

SCOH AREA 2021'S (OF PLAYERS I HAVE SEEN)

NOT A RANKING

AVA HASSELL 5’4” PG PORTS NOTRE DAME (IF SHE RETURNS TO FORM COULD BE BEST 2021 IN AREA)
MORGAN BENTLEY 5’9” SG VINTON COUNTY HS
ZOIEE SMITH 5’8” PG WAVERLY HS
BROOKE KENNEDY 6’ SF MANCHESTER HS
JAYCE JUSTICE 5’6” SG PEEBLES HS
DELANEY HARPER 6’ SF NORTH ADAMS
ABBEY DICKEN 5’9” F LOGAN HS
SAMANTHA LAFON 5’10” SF IRONTON HS (RETURNS FROM LAST YEARS INJURY, UPSIDE)
SAMARA CANNON 5’7” G FAIRFIELD HS
KAYLEE DARNELL 5’5” G WHEELERSBURG HS
MYRIAH DAVIS 5’4” G VINTON COUNTY HS
PAIGE TOLSON 5’3” G FEDERAL HOCKING HS
EMMA MARSHALL 5’6” PG FAIRLAND HS
MACIE GRAVES 5’9” G SOUTHEASTERN ROSS HS
MADISON WARD 5’10” W CHESAPEAKE HS
ELLIE KALLNER 5’3” PG WHEELERSBURG HS
KARISSA BUTTELWORTH 5’8” G NORTH ADAMS HS
WYLIE SHIPLEY 5’8” G NORTH ADAMS
SYDNEY HUFF 5’7” G SE ROSS HS

captainmorgan_
JV Team

Post by captainmorgan_ »

Rumor has it Arden from ironton is out this season. I hope that isn’t true. That kid is so much fun to watch. Great player.

Bengalsrule
Waterboy

Post by Bengalsrule »

Arden isn’t a rumor, she is out for the year. It’s a shame.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

SCOH50 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:24 am

When I started I set my "home" coverage area North to Chillicothe (I do talk about those players though separately) I was looking at who picked them up media wise, I try to give coverge to our kids that really Big City Media doesn't see. And the State view is on a different logic. lol,

I agree about Hurd, and playing with Addis will do that and just goes along with my logic of viewing kids, just dont see NY enough. But will this year Thanks for the heads up
So you believe that the Columbus Dispatch pays attention to Circleville? or Chillicothe athletes? The Big City Media as you term it pays attention to what happens inside the outer-belts of I-275, I-270. So by ignoring those kids, you ignore the very kids you want to help.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Hard to imagine this list without Huntington's Braiden Collins. Probably looking at being a 1600pt scorer at the end of her career. Also, on of the best defenders in the history of the league.

SCOH50
JV Team

Post by SCOH50 »

Pol pot wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:54 pm
SCOH50 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:24 am

So you believe that the Columbus Dispatch pays attention to Circleville? or Chillicothe athletes? The Big City Media as you term it pays attention to what happens inside the outer-belts of I-275, I-270. So by ignoring those kids, you ignore the very kids you want to help.
Pol Pot I do help them, I have a seperate list that has those players on it, they have Straight Out of Ohio covering the area, and yes those papers do talk abou then maybe not the Dispatch all the time. If you talk to those like a Kenzie McConnel or Meghan Davis, Alyssa Evans they know me and I know them, they will tell I have and do help them as well as other all over Ohio, Ky, PA, IN, and various other states. Just seems like anyone below Chilicothe in the past was overlooked to a certian degree. So please dont think I overlook them at all.

jnewman4
Waterboy

Post by jnewman4 »

SCOH50, you do a great job with identifying talent all over many counties. Keep up the good work. The girls that get noticed for scholarships and the chance to play at the college level appreciate it!

Return to “Girls Basketball”