SHAC Girls

IndianChop
Riding the Bench

SHAC Girls

Post by IndianChop »

Just wondering what you all thought about the league this year. There are some very good girls team's in the SHAC this year with Eastern, North Adams, Peebles, and Lynchburg has been playing very well early. I see these SHAC girls being a tough game for anyone.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: SHAC Girls

Post by Ironman92 »

IndianChop wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:39 am Just wondering what you all thought about the league this year. There are some very good girls team's in the SHAC this year with Eastern, North Adams, Peebles, and Lynchburg has been playing very well early. I see these SHAC girls being a tough game for anyone.
I feel that in general that girls basketball is down across the SE District...that being said Eastern is one of the best around, North Adams/Peebles/Lynchburg are some of the better teams and Fairfield loooks like they might be pretty fair. Not sure I can name another league where 1/2 of the teams are pretty good or better

stacey7722
Freshman Team

Post by stacey7722 »

I believe the league is very good again this year and that the teams picked at the bottom of the divisions are closer to the top teams than ever before. We are spoiled in The Southern Hills Athletic Conference because we are used to seeing great players and great teams every year. Don't forget this league has probably one of the best collection of coaches around as well. I have seen every team play so far in the season and here is my Humble take.

1.) Eastern Brown- Extremely well coached team that has a lot of returning experience and size. The lady Warriors got a nice off season addition to fill what would have been a hole for them. I believe they have the talent and work ethic to have another great year. They bring back one of the best guards in the game in Reynolds and still have D1 signee Pennington playing the three position. New kid from Batavia is long and athletic and they have a solid bench. I think this team will improve as the season goes on and the players get used to one another. If you want to get Eastern you had better do it early in the year before they gel. They are off to a great start with a nice road win at Kettering Alter.

2.) Lynchburg-Clay- The Mustangs are 4-0 to start the year with a really good wins against DII Miami Trace and the Miracle at North Adams. This team has upper classmen leadership and has really put effort into correcting what was their major flaw last year and that was rebounding the basketball. The Mustangs have a couple of girls that can put up big numbers night in and night out but are surprisingly getting the job done defensively. In what many thought would be a one women show at Lynchburg-Clay has quickly turned into a solid defensive team that makes a priority in rebounding the basketball and getting stops. Zoe Fittro is off to a great start as well as their big Logan Binkley. They still have Scott who can score but the make up of this team in the early going is the defensive play of Chelsea Hart and Kaylee Lunsford. Experienced team with Serena Smith at the two guard who gives them more speed and athleticism. Coach Lewis seems to be pushing all the right buttons early it will be interesting to see how they continue to develop and if the offense can catch up to where the defense is currently.

3.) North Adams- Again, we are spoiled by the quality coaches in this league and Rob Davis is another in the line of great SHAC coaches. The Lady Devils may be the most athletic team in the league. They are big and they are long. The Lady Green Devils return a great scorer in Grace McDowell who can beat you inside and outside. In my opinion probably the best big in the league with Harper. This Harper kid is solid and just gets it in the paint, To watch this team warm up you don't see how anyone would have a chance. Did I mention they are BIG and LONG. The one chink in their armor right now is they are very young and inexperienced. Just like the Eastern Brown team, I believe if you want to beat them you need to get them early. As the season goes along and this team gains experience they are going to be very tough to beat night in and night out.

4.) West Union- Probably the most improved team from last year. Again I am a big fan the Dragons coach. He cares about his kids and coaches with passion. This team doesn't look anything like the team from last year. They move the ball, have good shooters and play solid defense. Everyone knows they were decimated by injury last year and when you watch them play this year it looks like a knee brace convention. All of these girls battled back, when through the tough rehabs and are being rewarded for their efforts by playing solid basketball. I am not sure they have enough to compete with the top three teams but I can tell you if you don't show up to play they have enough to knock you off. This is my mass respect team for what they have been through and come back from.

5.) Ripley- I sound like a broken record but... The Lady Jays are VERY WELL coached and the kids get after it. They Jays have a swing player that could be one of the best players in the league. If this kid realized how good she was and shot the ball 20 or more times a game they would be very dangerous. The Lady Jays numbers are down and are missing a couple of kids that would have been starters that decided not to play this year. This team will fight every game and continue to grow. They play solid defense, they are coached up to be in the right positions they just need to find that scorer that will help them complete.

I will give my take on the small schools later tonight. What many considered to be a one team runaway in this division may in fact not be...

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Hey really need West unions schedule if someone could help.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
thebull
Varsity

Post by thebull »

2 big match ups tonight in the SHAC who you got?

Eastern Brown @ North Adams

Peebles @ Lynchburg

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

thebull wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:36 pm 2 big match ups tonight in the SHAC who you got?

Eastern Brown @ North Adams

Peebles @ Lynchburg
EB by 8
LC by 28

TAR HEEL FAN 44
JV Team

Post by TAR HEEL FAN 44 »

West Union Lady Dragons basketball schedule.
94FA0549-686A-40A4-9060-D3F9582410D0.png

Return to “Girls Basketball”