SCOH50's Power 8 Rankings for South Eastern/South Central Ohio

SCOH50
JV Team

Post by SCOH50 »

As of Dec 16th (open for debate and I know it will be debated, it's still early and a lot of basketball to be played)
  1. Vinton County (6-0) - guard play is very good on this team, can score from deep, their length on perimeter causes problems
  2. Portsmouth Notre Dame (6-0) - size inside and guards that can pressure 94 feet and score the ball3.
  3. lynchburg clay (6-0) – best player in the area who does it all, and her teammates have been playing well
  4. Sheridan (4-1) – have several players can get it done for them, its early for them
  5. Unioto (5-1) – one of their better teams, nice guard combo and their post player inside just knows how to score
  6. Eastern Brown (7-1) – they have the guard play and pressure the ball and control tempo, and not clicking well but by the
    tourney they will have it ironed out
  7. Waterford (5-0) – they are young and lost a lot last year but this they are well coached and it shows in games
  8. Alexander (6-1) – led by 2 seniors who have played in big games, their role players play well of the two seniors and have
    two nice freshmen that contribute
Right there waiting (it’s a long season)
  • Circleville (5-2) – has the interior game, and once they get all their pieces back will be a team who can make that run
  • Washington Court House (4-2) – a team that has two guards that play, one has deep range. have a very good post player that
    scores the ball
  • Meigs (6-2) – surprised by this team this year, they are getting it done
  • Wheelersburg (6-2) – another team that pressures you 94 feet, two guards that can fill it up, plus two more that knock
    shots. lack of size, but rebound as a team
  • Minford (5-1) – been on a streak after losing to burg, guards have been very effective getting the ball inside,
  • Peebles (4-2) – they have one kid that will score the ball, they are long and athletic, play tough defense
others to watch: Fairland, Ironton, South Point, Belpre, Miami Trace

https://twitter.com/ohio50

justpassinthru
Riding the Bench

Re: SCOH50's Power 8 Rankings for South Eastern/South Central Ohio

Post by justpassinthru »

just wondering if you consider Logan part of Southeastern Ohio. They have alot of posters on these forums that might argue that they are.

SCOH50
JV Team

Post by SCOH50 »

Yes I consider them in our area, but they are currently 3-3 on the season. And this is based on what teams are doing right now, not future, not the past, so as of DEC 15th when I did this, its what I think. Like I said a lot of ball to play, Fairland had 2 games canx'll will make up later date. That hurts them as far as stuff like this goes.

SEFan
JV Team

Post by SEFan »

SCOH50 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:06 pm Yes I consider them in our area, but they are currently 3-3 on the season. And this is based on what teams are doing right now, not future, not the past, so as of DEC 15th when I did this, its what I think. Like I said a lot of ball to play, Fairland had 2 games canx'll will make up later date. That hurts them as far as stuff like this goes.
Yes we are 3-3 but our losses are to Gahannan Lincoln, Dublin Coffman, and Eastmoor... 3 powerhouse Central D1 Teams. Not future or past (definitely know what you are getting at there, LOL). But, still deserve some credit as they would compete with a lot of teams on the list.

SCOH50
JV Team

Post by SCOH50 »

I understand and yes they would but that is why its hard to do this, Logan is D1, and that hurts them when comparing them to other teams in the area. I don't underestimate them, but as the season progresses it will work out. Specially as games play start equal out. And I don't mean no disrespect to any teams on or off the list.

Return to “Girls Basketball”