Notre Dame

mattash
Site Admin

Notre Dame

Post by mattash »

They are dominating this year. Could they win state?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
art_vandelay
SE

Re: Notre Dame

Post by art_vandelay »

With a 6'4" D1 center and solid guard play, Notre Dame definitely a contender. But until somebody from SE Ohio can get past Waterford, I'll say it's a long shot.*

SCOH50
JV Team

Post by SCOH50 »

Seen Waterford play, they got beat by Minford by 20, I believe this is the year that Portsmouth ND gets it done and gets past Waterford and into the Final Four. I truly thought they had a shot last year until Ava Hassel went out, like I said JMO.

SCOH50
JV Team

Post by SCOH50 »

Feb 2 in Ironton, will be a true test, they have to play Waynesville, currently undefeated and ranked 3rd in AP polls.

Hardwood player
Waterboy

Post by Hardwood player »

Hardwood player
Waterboy

Without jr Taylor Schmidt which is out until sometime around tournament that is huge loss 3 yr starter with a injury very good scorer and probably the best defender in the southeastern Ohio. She can flat guard and pressure 94 ft I've seen them play couple times this year and she can do it all. Great player. Great leader

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

I think they would he pretty big favs against Waterford this year. But that's injury free.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

What happened to Taylor S ? She's a tremendous player . Will be a different team without her .

mwk80
Waterboy

Post by mwk80 »

ManitouDan2 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:24 am What happened to Taylor S ? She's a tremendous player . Will be a different team without her .
It's a lower leg injury. She was in a walking boot last night. Don't think she's played since the McClain game. They will be fine without her during the regular season, but definitely need her come tournament time.

Hardwood player
Waterboy

I agree I think oak Hill and Waynesville could be really tight without her imo tournament will be tough without her but the word is she should be back it's up in the air

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

ND beat Oak Hill last evening 58 to 35. ND was up by 30 in the 4th quarter. The sophomore guard stepping in for junior Taylor Schmidt is playing great defense and has scored 13 in this game and the Huntington West Virginia game. Waynesville this Saturday will be a very tough game but I like the way ND is playing

SCOH50
JV Team

Post by SCOH50 »

Waynesville is ranked 3 in the state in D3, undefeated, their post is very active and quick will be good match up for Dettwiller, also their post is going D1 in Soccer so 2 D1 athletes matching up. Their Premier scorer is Rachael Murray, 5'7" scorer, already their schools All Time Leading scorer during her junior year, has several high level D2 offers, so a very good matchup for sophomore Ava Hassel, who in her own right is a Next Level kid, and they have several good guards. This match up this Saturday is a winnable game by Portsmouth ND and if they do without Schmidt playing, it will be even bigger. I agree with Dirt_cinders, like their defense and the way they are playing..will be a good game to watch this Saturday for sure.

Kmit
Riding the Bench

Post by Kmit »

Waterford is down from last seasons. I don't believe they'll survive the districts.

I told my friend last year and again this year that Notre Dame was headed to state before before the current group graduates. Don't know if they'll win but they will get there. I hope it's twice. The first time can be daunting.

Hardwood player
Waterboy

Hardwood player
Waterboy

Hopefully Schmidt gets back soon from her injury like I said she is a difference maker. Plays her butt off her and the hassell kid. Are a talented backcourt that compliment each other very well. Fun to watch

Wildcatter
Waterboy

Post by Wildcatter »

Pretty good team if they stay healthy but winning state, just don’t see them beating teams like Minster.

Hardwood player
Waterboy

ND has a legit shot to get to state this yr. I heard that Taylor Schmidt is back from her injury and looked really good sat vs belpre her first game back if healthy watch out this is a well oiled machine Schmidt jr hassell
soph dettwelier Sr are really good and experienced state bound is real possibility I have seen them 3 or 4x this yr. Wow.

SCOH50
JV Team

Post by SCOH50 »

THE REASON THEY ARE LEGIT FOR A STATE RUN IS THEIR DEFENSE, THEY PLAY INTENSE DEFENSE 94 FEET, AND WITH SCHMIDT BACK AND THE EXPERIENC THAT SMITH AND CASSIDY PICKED UP IN THOSE COUPLE OF TOUGH GAMES WILL PAY OFF. WHEN THEY PLAYED CLAY IN THE FIRST MATCHUP AND THEY WERE PICKIN UP FULL COURT MAN TO MAN, I SAID "LEGIT STATE TEAM"

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

JD has had lots of good teams , but this one is head n shoulders above the others , and head n shoulders above anything the SOC 1 has produced in 10-12 years , maybe more . Guard play is outstanding and Detwiller is a 6'4 legit player . I think they make it this time around , and would be beyond words if they could win it all.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

SCOH50 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:09 am THE REASON THEY ARE LEGIT FOR A STATE RUN IS THEIR DEFENSE, THEY PLAY INTENSE DEFENSE 94 FEET, AND WITH SCHMIDT BACK AND THE EXPERIENC THAT SMITH AND CASSIDY PICKED UP IN THOSE COUPLE OF TOUGH GAMES WILL PAY OFF. WHEN THEY PLAYED CLAY IN THE FIRST MATCHUP AND THEY WERE PICKIN UP FULL COURT MAN TO MAN, I SAID "LEGIT STATE TEAM"
I completely agree with you about there defense. I've seen them mayby 3 or 4 times this year, with and without Schmidt. Oak Hill has a couple pretty good guards, they caused OH turnover after turnover.

Return to “Girls Basketball”