2/21 Lynchburg-Clay v Nelsonville-York

SCOH50
JV Team

Re: 2/21 Lynchburg-Clay v Nelsonville-York

Post by SCOH50 »

VetteMan wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:21 pm
SCOH50 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:16 am On a side note liked how the Mackenzie Hurd competed, had a couple of blocks on Scott, made Scott work for every point.
Is she only a freshman ?
yes a freshmen

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

VetteMan wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:29 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:29 pm Nelsonville-York didn't have any depth this year and that's what lost them this game.
LC did a great job on defense in the second half and they earned the win, but the Buckeyes we're just worn out from not having anyone to come off the bench.
Good luck to LC! They should match up well against the Spartans.
Saw them in the Sec Finals against Oak Hill, they only dressed 8 kids. Didn't they at least have a JV team, to at least fill out the bench ? The young Hurd girl is going to be an outstanding ballplayer.
The JV is really young and not varsity ready. Coach Cassidy isn't going to bring kids up to just set the bench.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

VetteMan wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:21 pm
SCOH50 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:16 am On a side note liked how the Mackenzie Hurd competed, had a couple of blocks on Scott, made Scott work for every point.
Is she only a freshman ?
Mac is a stud. She is going to be a great one.
Her and her sister Haley have one more year together so look out!

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Orange and Brown wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:21 am
Orange and Brown wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:29 pm Nelsonville-York didn't have any depth this year and that's what lost them this game.
LC did a great job on defense in the second half and they earned the win, but the Buckeyes we're just worn out from not having anyone to come off the bench.
Saw them in the Sec Finals against Oak Hill, they only dressed 8 kids. Didn't they at least have a JV team, to at least fill out the bench ? The young Hurd girl is going to be an outstanding ballplayer.
The JV is really young and not varsity ready. Coach Cassidy isn't going to bring kids up to just set the bench.
I understand what you are saying, it is pretty rare that you would have 3 or 4 girls foul out. Coach Cassidy impressed me with the adjustments that he made at halftime against Oak Hill. In the first half against OH, his girls were shooting a lot of 3's, and not really hitting a lot. I think N-Y was behind by mayby 8pts at the half, in the 2nd half his PT guard started dribble driving, and made some great passes that were really just lay-ups, and they all of a sudden turned the game around, and they more or less seized the momentum. I was also really inpressed with N-Y's PT guard.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

VetteMan wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:49 pm

I understand what you are saying, it is pretty rare that you would have 3 or 4 girls foul out. Coach Cassidy impressed me with the adjustments that he made at halftime against Oak Hill. In the first half against OH, his girls were shooting a lot of 3's, and not really hitting a lot. I think N-Y was behind by mayby 8pts at the half, in the 2nd half his PT guard started dribble driving, and made some great passes that were really just lay-ups, and they all of a sudden turned the game around, and they more or less seized the momentum. I was also really inpressed with N-Y's PT guard.
#21 Mary Kate McCullough (Sr) was out point gaurd. #10 Jos Heller (Jr) is our shooting gaurd.
Mary Kate is a great leader. She had 15 in the second half against OH. Jos is our best over all shooter. She eats sleeps and breaths basketball.
With 4 starters coming back the Lady Buckeyes should be in good shape next year.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Orange and Brown wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:47 pm

#21 Mary Kate McCullough (Sr) was out point gaurd. #10 Jos Heller (Jr) is our shooting gaurd.
Mary Kate is a great leader. She had 15 in the second half against OH. Jos is our best over all shooter. She eats sleeps and breaths basketball.
With 4 starters coming back the Lady Buckeyes should be in good shape next year.

After only seeing them the one game, I'm still surprised at the outcomes of there games against Vinton County and Alexander, especially the Spartans. I'm not taking anything away from VC or the Spartans as they are both very good teams. I have seen both of those teams play, and I just don't see that much disparity between the teams, especially the scores between N-Y and the Spartans.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

VetteMan wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:29 pm

After only seeing them the one game, I'm still surprised at the outcomes of there games against Vinton County and Alexander, especially the Spartans. I'm not taking anything away from VC or the Spartans as they are both very good teams. I have seen both of those teams play, and I just don't see that much disparity between the teams, especially the scores between N-Y and the Spartans.
We just don't match up well against the Spartans. We scored 44 points in 2 games against them this year.
We stayed in both games against VC. At our place, we went with the 1-2-1 against the Vikings and it was working but for whatever reason we went back to man to man in the second half and they torched us.
Early in the season it took a while for the girls to get going. The offense went through Jessie Addis the last few years and for some reason it took the girls 4 or 5 ges to start looking comfortable when shooting.
Depth will still be a bit of an issue next year but if we can shoot well early in games we can survive. After next year the depth should be better.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Orange and Brown wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:35 pm
VetteMan wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:29 pm

We just don't match up well against the Spartans. We scored 44 points in 2 games against them this year.
We stayed in both games against VC. At our place, we went with the 1-2-1 against the Vikings and it was working but for whatever reason we went back to man to man in the second half and they torched us.
Early in the season it took a while for the girls to get going. The offense went through Jessie Addis the last few years and for some reason it took the girls 4 or 5 ges to start looking comfortable when shooting.
Depth will still be a bit of an issue next year but if we can shoot well early in games we can survive. After next year the depth should be better.

Thanks for your response. I enjoyed watching your team play.

SEFan
JV Team

Post by SEFan »

What’s the downfall in doing this? You bring up 3 or 4 kids that get the extra couple weeks of practice, get to be around their future teammates, and get the tournament feel/experience even if it is just from the bench. Why is that a bad thing?

outerbanksjake
JV Team

Post by outerbanksjake »

Don't want to put the cart before the horse , but it looks like L C is bracketed against Hiland in the Regional .

Return to “Girls Basketball”