5 Takeaways to the Start of 2019-20 Season

SCOH50
JV Team

5 Takeaways to the Start of 2019-20 Season

Post by SCOH50 »

I also write for the PrepGirlsHoops.com, if you subscribe use code "SCOH20" save 20% on first month.

https://www.prepgirlshoops.com/2019/12/ ... tern-ohio/

chiefs76
Riding the Bench

Re: 5 Takeaways to the Start of 2019-20 Season

Post by chiefs76 »

I’m excited about this season. Vinton county is fun to watch coaches daughter can score anywhere across half court. The team has talent and coach Bentley is good as it gets to make his team play hard.. I’m curious on how many of those kids are vinton county kids and not move ins . They have a new 6’2 girl new to the roster when I seen them play against warren. Is vinton county the new oak hill where everyone moves in ? Bentley is good coach but a great recruiter... just ask anyone from Logan we miss our hometown kids ...

LeftHanded
Freshman Team

Post by LeftHanded »

chiefs76 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:39 pm I’m excited about this season. Vinton county is fun to watch coaches daughter can score anywhere across half court. The team has talent and coach Bentley is good as it gets to make his team play hard.. I’m curious on how many of those kids are vinton county kids and not move ins . They have a new 6’2 girl new to the roster when I seen them play against warren. Is vinton county the new oak hill where everyone moves in ? Bentley is good coach but a great recruiter... just ask anyone from Logan we miss our hometown kids ...
Pretty sure they all are from VC, except the two from Logan.

Yeah, he did a great job "recruiting" his DAUGHTER. Come on now...

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

LeftHanded wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:52 pm
chiefs76 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:39 pm I’m excited about this season. Vinton county is fun to watch coaches daughter can score anywhere across half court. The team has talent and coach Bentley is good as it gets to make his team play hard.. I’m curious on how many of those kids are vinton county kids and not move ins . They have a new 6’2 girl new to the roster when I seen them play against warren. Is vinton county the new oak hill where everyone moves in ? Bentley is good coach but a great recruiter... just ask anyone from Logan we miss our hometown kids ...
Pretty sure they all are from VC, except the two from Logan.

Yeah, he did a great job "recruiting" his DAUGHTER. Come on now...
Pretty sure one is from wellston school district as well. Don't believe original poster was talking about daughter of the coach, but way to try and spin it

SCOH50
JV Team

Post by SCOH50 »

You know this post isn't even about Vinton County alone, but cause some kids decide to go play elsewhere due to what ever reasons it has became lets bash VC. Crazy

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Transfers are part of the game now days,i myself am tired of reading and hearing adults bash 14-17 year olds for what school they attend. As long as they do it by the book,they aren't doing anything wrong..OHSAA has rules including kids missing half the season,but seems we have a lot of professionals on the subject that love voicing there thoughts on a kid or team they are jealous of..or maybe they're just miserable people that look for anything to B*+ch about..

Rant over

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Knock it off and stay on topic.
If anyone wants to complain about transfers then do it somewhere else....

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Looking like we all thought..it's VC then everyone else,Burg is stronger than I thought they would be as is Northwest. Soc 2 overall is a better conference than I originally thought.. SVC is slightly down imo.. Unioto looking very good early on and Adena continues to just find ways to win. Gonna be a fun season

SCOH50
JV Team

Post by SCOH50 »

Key word for this season is Parity, there are only a few teams in each Division that long strong, Right now teams that you didn't expect to by near the top of their conferences are winning and one team beats this team and then turns around and losing to another team you didn't expect.

And beaverlover, you obviously haven't seen Circleville, those are the Top 2 D2's in the area, D3's will be Wheelersburg and Ironton, with Lexi Arden getting stronger each game and they really have the only true post threat in D3 in the area, D4 will be once again the ususal suspects Peebles is rolling right now and looks to be building off last years run, Waterford is Waterford always in the mix, Portsmouth ND is still right there, just this year will be a little different than in past with more scoring in transition.
By end of the year Manchester can also be right there in the converstation.

As far as transfers go, well good players want to play for championships and as long a parents influence who is coaching and why they are coaching then you always see kid leaving programs to go where its about winning and making tournament runs.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Throw defending regional champion Sheridan into the mix as well in D2.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

I admit I know nothing about Circleville or Sheridan other than they win alot lol

Return to “Girls Basketball”