Freshman Team

Fairland 68- Portsmouth 51 Final

Post by Jonjon »

What an atmosphere!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Fairland 68- Portsmouth 51 Final

Post by danicalifornia »

It would be great if every game could have an atmosphere like that.

Two very good teams splitting the league and both having very good chances to make it to Dayton.

Cruise
Waterboy

Post by Cruise »

Portsmouth was very disinterested last night. They already had the OVC title before the game.

Fatdog
Riding the Bench

Post by Fatdog »

Managed to get in the door for this one. Two very high level teams that will go far in the tournament.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Congratulations to both the Portsmouth Lady Trojans and the Fairland Lady Dragons on their co-OVC title. Was at the game and the spirit of the crowd was the best I've seen in a long time. Definitely had a tournament feel to it.

The Lady Dragons were the better team on this night, but the Trojans hung in there and had the FHS lead cut to 6 late in the 3rd quarter. But the Lady Dragons stretched out the lead in the 4th to get the win. FHS shot the 3 ball well. Hayven Carter and Daysha Reid had double scoring nights for the Trojans, with I believe 12 and 18 points respectively.

Both these teams have a great chance to get to Dayton in their respective divisions. Talked to a number of Fairland fans after the game and they were very gracious in victory.

These two schools will probably have another battle for the OVC title next season, with so many prominent players returning. I think a rivalry has been born.

84Dragon
JV Team

Post by 84Dragon »

It was a great game , had to watch it on Youtube but I did get to see it . Fairland was better this evening , I also think Fairland is the better team this year but next season , it will be all Portsmouth . Fairland might make a couple games competitive but Portsmouth will be the team to beat next season. Fairland loses to much after this year , they have some good players coming back but nothing like Portsmouth .

Good Luck to both of the teams , should make it pretty far in the state tourney until the hand picked private schools takeover .

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Fairland didn’t get any breaks when it comes to the tournament. Unioto is very good, even when they aren’t fully healthy, but I think Fairland wins that. Sheridan is very good as well, but they definitely have a chance to get back to the Final Four and will be the favorites the whole way there.

Once there, if they get a matchup with another public school like last year, I think I would like their chances.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Fairland was the better team last night they shot the ball very well congrats and good luck in the tournament.

Portsmouth played well but not well enough, I'm never going to agree one team or the other is the better team ,seems useless seeing how both teams beat each other ,I would still bet on Portsmouth just as any fairland fan would bet on fairland.

As for now they are co champs of the league so they are equal.

Congrats to both schools on their championship,and especially bringing so many people out to support local girls basketball!!!

The girls deserve all of the support they get!!

Return to “Girls Basketball”