D2 District Semi-Finals

GrumpyPundit
Riding the Bench

Re: D2 District Semi-Finals

Post by GrumpyPundit »

danicalifornia wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:38 pm Easy wins for Circleville and Sheridan

Surprised that Athens didn’t put pressure on Circleville earlier, that’s how they cut the lead from 20 down to 10 in the 4th. Might’ve been a different game if the pressure started early.

Sheridan will beat Circleville, but I could see it being a good game. Circleville makes you earn everything and Sheridan didn’t react well to having to do that with Jackson. I was disappointed in how they carried themselves, from the HC on down. A dogfight might bring that out even worse.
Agree 100%. Had a fan ejected, several more who deserved it, and the coach (IMO) showed up the refs several times unnecessarily. Players complaining about teammates on the bench and visibly emotional over bad calls by refs. And all this while the game was over by halftime. Sheridan is very talented, but I predict an absolute meltdown in whatever game they finally lose in.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

SportsGrandDad wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:41 pm Barlow-

I have to disagree, it just wasn't the Bulldogs' day. I really thought they were prepared to make a deep tournament run with the way that they dominated the TVC this year.

I've said it before that this program is a sleeping giant and Coach K has built such a solid foundation from the ground up that they should control the TVC for many years to come. His kids have bought into his plan from the youth league up to varsity. It was just unfortunate that they could not execute today.

As to their non league schedule, they have recently hired a top notch young AD, so I am sure they will set their sites on beefing up their schedule if the TVC doesn't present a challenge.
They should dominate the TVC. They are twice the size as some of those schools.

SportsGrandDad
Waterboy

Post by SportsGrandDad »

Barlow-

They do have bigger enrollment, but it doesn't seem to matter in the other sports - boys or girls.

From watching alot of basketball over the years, I can tell that they finally have someone in charge of the program that has used their size to an advantage, so I agree with you that they should dominate. Also some really good parents coaching at Jr high level and below that are focused on winning and that will continue to pay off.

But you never know- that's why they play the games! Already looking forward to watching next year.

Best of luck to all of the TVC girls in the offseason!

General
Waterboy

Post by General »

Haha. Yeah, Jackson made them earn it. Haha. A 22 point win while playing backups continually because of biased officiating. The usual for Sheridan in the southeast. Sheridan has played many teams this season that “made them earn it” more so than Jackson. With no meltdowns. I am sure if Sheridan loses Wednesday it will be because circleville plays great and beats them and not because of any meltdowns. You guys are funny.

trampoline
Riding the Bench

Post by trampoline »

SportsGrandDad wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:40 pm Barlow-

They do have bigger enrollment, but it doesn't seem to matter in the other sports - boys or girls.

From watching alot of basketball over the years, I can tell that they finally have someone in charge of the program that has used their size to an advantage, so I agree with you that they should dominate. Also some really good parents coaching at Jr high level and below that are focused on winning and that will continue to pay off.

But you never know- that's why they play the games! Already looking forward to watching next year.

Best of luck to all of the TVC girls in the offseason!
Parents coaching Jr. High who are focused on winning is not a recipe for success...its a recipe for disaster.

Return to “Girls Basketball”