District Final: South Webster vs. Minford

Keegan
Freshman Team

Re: District Final: South Webster vs. Minford

Post by Keegan »

From what I heard from a friend that was at the game, Minford's Hackworth tied the game with his second goal with about 4:00 left. Sometime between there and the end Brice Patterson scored his third goal of the game to win the game for the Jeeps.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Great win for the Jeeps! Minford had a heck of a season, just couldn't get past the Jeeps. Good luck against Berlin Hiland on Tuesday...not sure where Philo is, but I assume it's above I-70 and closer for Berlin Hiland. Either way, one of the best seasons in Webster soccer history. I know basketball practice starts soon, but it can wait...keep it going Jeeps!*

WhiteWhiskers
JV Team

Post by WhiteWhiskers »

art, you are a little off Philo is less that 10 miles south of Zanesville, down Route 60 and cross the river Hiland is around 90 miles north with Interstate most of the way. Or if you want to take the State Highways Its a little less than 70. Id say about the same driving time

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

whitewhiskers: thanks for the info...just used to seeing southeastern Ohio teams getting jobbed over the years with regards to tourney game locations, I was expecting the same here. But sounds like it'll be fair to both teams. Good luck Jeeps...one of the last 16 teams standing in D3...great accomplishment.*

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

Good luck to the Jeeps. Represent Southern Ohio Soccer well. Show them boys up north we know how to play the game down here as well.

vballsoccer178
JV Team

Post by vballsoccer178 »

South Webster Jeeps 3, Minford Falcons 2

Goals By Half .................1 ........2........ Final
Minford Falcons............... 0 ........2 ........2
South Webster Jeeps......... 1........ 2........ 3

Scoring summary
Half Time Team Goal Scorer Assist
1 14:11 SW #10 Patterson, Brice #2 Ruth, Braden
2 46:54 SW #10 Patterson, Brice #2 Ruth, Braden
2 53:45 M #16 Hackworth, Jake
2 74:52 M #16 Hackworth, Jake
2 77:37 SW #10 Patterson, Brice #2 Ruth, Braden

Shots: M 12, SW 16. Saves: #13 Jordan, Duncan (M) 3; #23 Loop, Wes (SW) 4. Corner kicks: M 2, SW 4. Fouls: M 10, SW 4. Offsides: M 0, SW 0.

Congrats to Minford on another great season (in spite of losing many seniors)
Congrats to the Jeeps on another District Championship (2nd in school history- 2004, 2009)

soccerfanatic
Freshman Team

Post by soccerfanatic »

Congrats to the Jeeps! Coach Claxson is a class act and the folks from Athens enjoy playing South Webster each year (this year was just a scrimmage, but I saw online we're playing them early in the season next year). Good luck in the regionals from the folks in Athens. We're rooting for you guys.

Congratulations to Minford for a great season. We've scrimmaged the last couple of years and Coach Havens does a great job. It might be disappointing to lose in the final, but think of it this way... before the season started, no one gave you (other than yourselves) a chance to make it back to the final. Everyone was saying how you'd lost too much. Well, your team proved them wrong. Good for you. Keep your heads up.

Again, congrats to both teams and good luck in the regionals to South Webster!

pcohio
Varsity

Post by pcohio »

Congrats to both teams! Each team has high quality players and coaches both on and off the field and it is a shame someone had to lose this match! See you on the court soon!

Return to “Soccer”