South Webster vs. Worthington Christian @ river view

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: South Webster vs. Worthington Christian @ river view

Post by danicalifornia »

xb1- Unioto made it in 2004, so 5 years. There have only been two teams to advance to the state tournament from our district(Lucasville in 98 when it was only 2 divisions)

So if Webster can get a win, it would be outstanding for the entire district. I'll definetly be there rooting them on, as I had my career ended in the same game by Worthington Christian, LOL. They will be a tough team, but it is a winable game for the Jeeps as long as they are poised and don't let the stage shake them before the opening kick.

They are familiar with the field and while WC played their last year in the Semi's, they complained virtually the entire time, so that is an immediate advantage towards SW. That may be the only one, but any mental edge is huge at this stage of the season.

chickensoupknowledge
Waterboy

Post by chickensoupknowledge »

Just a thought after reading all the posts on the OTHER site. WC will have some speed and probably more than Webster has seen in the SOC. Normally, speedy teams don't like physical games and fortunately Webster plays better in the physical games. Webster can take away their speed by knocking them off the ball, eliminating bank passes, take away the corners and win every loose ball and then you never know! I can see WC getting very frustrated just like Hiland did. Boys you've come too far now to settle for anything less than a win. Play every second as if it is the last you'll ever play. Coach Lutz once told his team that if every player played like a mad crazy nut, the other team would need 7 players for each one of ours to control us because that is how many aides it takes to control one mad crazy nut! Take it to them!

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

So, will this game be on one of the ESPN family of networks so I can watch??? :-D

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Congratulations Jeeps! Best of Luck vs. Worthington Christian!

It is anybody's game now!

Keegan
Freshman Team

Post by Keegan »

Final: Worthington Christian 2 - South Webster 1.

One heck of a season Jeeps. Nothing to be ashamed of. Congrats on a fabulous year in which you went farther than any South Webster team has ever been i n the tourneys.
Last edited by Keegan on Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

southernpride
Riding the Bench

Post by southernpride »

2-1 worthington

Congrats on an excellent record setting season jeeps.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Congratulations on a fine season!

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Congratulations South Webster Jeeps!

Southern Ohio Conference Division I Champs
Sectional Champs
Southeast District Champs
Regional Semi-Finalist

The Southeast District is proud of your accomplishments!

vballsoccer178
JV Team

Post by vballsoccer178 »

Worthing Christian 2, South Webster Jeeps 1

Goals By Half................. 1........ 2........ Final
South Webster Jeeps........ 0........ 1........ 1
Worthing Christian ...........0........ 2........ 2

Scoring summary
Half Time Team Goal Scorer Assist
2 56:31 WC #9 Miller #8 Elder
2 57:17 SW #2 Ruth, Braden (PK)
2 63:22 WC #8 Elder (PK)

Shots: SW 8, WC 32. Saves: #23 Loop, Wes (SW) 22; #0 (WC) 4. Corner kicks: SW 1, WC 3. Fouls: SW 10, WC 17. Offsides: SW 2, WC 1.

I think the Jeeps played a great game (especially the 1st half). WC had a lot of shots outside the box in the 1st half. The 2nd half they worked it in closer on short through balls and a few balls over the top. Connor Scott had a rocket shot over the keeper that hit the cross bar and bounced down in the 1st half. Many say it crossed the line, but it was hard to tell. GK Wes Loop played exceptional. It's just a shame he didn't get to showcase his talent as much all season long due to the rock solid defense in front of him. The Jeeps will miss all 3 seniors & especially Wes Loop & Braden Ruth. This team has much to be proud of this season. Great job guys! I think you gave WC a game that they didn't expect.

pcohio
Varsity

Post by pcohio »

Congratulations on a GREAT season Jeeps! Way to show the "big boys" from up north that we do play good soccer in Southern Ohio!

cave canem
Freshman Team

Post by cave canem »

Congrats to the Jeeps on a hard fought game and a great season. It's always nice to see local teams do well in the tournament. You gave WC a fight.
I enjoyed watching you play Saturday. It was a good opportunity for you to showcase your talents against a tremendous team in WC.
I'm sure your community is proud of your efforts this season.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

jeeps gave worth christian a really good game and they went on to be state champs. good season.

Return to “Soccer”