2010 SOC I and II Predictions

lovevball8
Freshman Team

Re: 2010 SOC I and II Predictions

Post by lovevball8 »

We all know that Webster will have skill, but some of you talk like they have no heart. That couldn't be further from the truth. They tasted success last year and made it farther then any other Webster team. I know for a fact that those boys love the game and they will be relentless this year, playing with plenty of desire and heart!

sports_jock_24
Waterboy

Post by sports_jock_24 »

I know they got heart and desire, the question is how much do they have? Im just saying are they going to be all cought up in all the success they had last year and start the season flat this year or are they going to pick up were they left off last year...thats the question. Cause we all know that you can get caught up in success.

The Bathtub Legend
Waterboy

Post by The Bathtub Legend »

I'm sorry sports_jock_24 but you're not making much sense. No team with that amount of skill is going to let an obviously inferior New Boston, or Valley, or Clay, or any other SOC I team compete with them. Not digging on any of these schools but it's very apparent that they do not have what it takes to beat South Webster, or Waverly, or Minford, or Wheelersburg. Yes, heart and desire are important but when the skill is that far from the level of the opponent, odds of winning are slim to none. And no team is going to be soaking up the glory from a past year when they have the throat of a weaker opponent sitting in their laps, just waiting to be cut. And yes, you CAN get caught up in success, but if that was going to happen, it would have happened LAST season, when they were experiencing the success. Why would the success from last season affect the level of intensity that a team plays with in the upcoming season?

socman
Varsity

Post by socman »

Soccer can be a very funny game sometimes. You can't count anyone out on any given night. Plenty of times I've seen inferior teams sit back and defend for 85 minutes and then get a lucky bounce and come away with a victory. South Webster has a very skilled squad but are they unbeatable? No.

pan-man
Freshman Team

Post by pan-man »

I think you guys should show a little more respect to the Clay team. They have only lost 1 player in the last 2 years. They have been a very young team that has come a very long way. I think that this team has a better chance then you think to win the SOC, or at least contend in it.

sports_jock_24
Waterboy

Post by sports_jock_24 »

I agree with socman that Webster is not unbeatable and that any team can win on any given night. The thing about Clay i have to agree with that they have only lost one person the last two years and that they have been young, and i can see them going either way. I can see them competing for SOC and i can see them not competing for SOC.

lovevball8
Freshman Team

Post by lovevball8 »

I didn't see where anyone said Webster was unbeatable. Any team is beatable at some point. I'm simply saying this team understands hard work, they love the game and possess skill. That combination will make them hard to stop.

ndc soccer
Freshman Team

Post by ndc soccer »

Is Webster one of the top Teams in Southern Ohio? Yes. Are they unbeatable? No. I just said i don't think they'll let a New Boston, Valley, Or Clay take the SOC from them esp. with the group they return. There's a reason they've won 6 or 7 straight titles. They'll be focused at the task in front of them, but i don't think they'll lose the title.

pan-man
Freshman Team

Post by pan-man »

South Webster has always had a good program for soccer, but I find it unfair that against teams like Clay, is that they have 118 boys (last i heard) and they go against smaller schools like Clay, who have only 50 or 60 boys from 7th grade-12th grade. Now don't get me wrong i have a lot of respect for them as a team, but does anyone else think that is unfair to smaller schools who barely have enough kids to have a soccer team.

pan-man
Freshman Team

Post by pan-man »

Also, who are some kids from Clay that could make an impact on the team. And remember that last year they played without two key players (Alex Jordan, and Aaron Crumm) who couldn't play due to grades from what i've heard.

sports_jock_24
Waterboy

Post by sports_jock_24 »

I would agree that it's alil unfair to the smaller schools who barley get enough kids to have a team. But that's how things go and you have to work with what you got. Also i think clay might be able to be a pretty decent team. New Boston haves the chance to compete for the SOC as long as they stay healthy and condition good. Also Northwest haves the chance to have a pretty decent team, cause i've heard about a couple people that suppose to be transferring there next year. Give me your thought's on all this

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

I doubt that Clay will finish in the bottom next year. They had no seniors last year and a brand new goalie who had never played. They will be senior loaded with lots of speed next fall. Plus the word is that several kids who will be great additions to the program are coming out to play soccer next year. So look for a much better Clay team on the pitch. They also are going to be playing under a new coach from what I understand.

pan-man
Freshman Team

Post by pan-man »

Who is going to be the new Coach.

sports_jock_24
Waterboy

Post by sports_jock_24 »

For where?

jeepmadness
JV Team

Post by jeepmadness »

I think they should combine the 2 soc's together like it was back in the day. But since it probably won't happen:

soc II-waverly
soc I -South Webster

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

"nobody touches Webster next year" - a lot of people

soccerdude
Waterboy

Post by soccerdude »

I think people are underestimated burg. Yes brooks was a KEY part of their offensive structure but they only lost 3 others and their underclassmen are strong as well. As for someone else besides lewis to do the scoring, Tyler Hughes has really improved his game and is one of the fastest kids in the SOC. Also, Braxton Jarvis when he is not back on the defensive side would be a real threat. Other notables are Seth Jordan, Billy Thurmer and Tater Fight. Don't count Burg out of the race. Tough team to beat in the upcoming season! Can't Wait to watch!

soccerdude
Waterboy

Post by soccerdude »

anybody else know about the upcoming burg team?

thundercat#1
Waterboy

Post by thundercat#1 »

In the SOC II i'm going to have to go with Waverly. I think that with the big senior class they will have this year they will be hungry for a last SOC Championship after last year's dissapointment.

Return to “Soccer”