Wheelersburg vs. Peebles - District Final

THE_MOOSE_IS_LOOSE
Riding the Bench

Wheelersburg vs. Peebles - District Final

Post by THE_MOOSE_IS_LOOSE »

Will play Saturday night, 7 pm at Jackson High School... Thoughts??? I dont know much about this Peebles team or their program but it looks like a favorable matchup for the pirates... :122249

drrabbit
All State

Re: Wheelersburg vs. Peebles - District Final

Post by drrabbit »

Peebles have improved throughout the season. They are a very different team than who scrimmaged the Pirates in the preseason. Anything can happen at the district level and usually does.

Keegan
Freshman Team

Post by Keegan »

This I believe would be the first ever appearance for Peebles in district play

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

drrabbit wrote:Peebles have improved throughout the season. They are a very different team than who scrimmaged the Pirates in the preseason. Anything can happen at the district level and usually does.
Very true. The Indians have already exceeded all expectations from the beginning of the year and this team just flat out wants to win, an upset is not out of the realm of possibility.

And yes Keegan, the Lynchburg-Clay game was the first Peebles had ever had in district play.
Last edited by TribeManiac10 on Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

should be fun to watch. good win for peebles over lc. jackson a great facility for game. what will this halloween night bring? tricks or treats? if i am not mistaken i believe that the stadium is built atop an old indian burial ground. should make for good fun.

xb1srw2
Freshman Team

Post by xb1srw2 »

I asked my magic eight ball 42 times, each time it came up Burg.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Forecast for Saturday is mostly sunny with a high of 64 and low of 38. Should be a perfect day in a great stadium. Halloween weekend against the Indians on an indian burial ground....

svbt1112
Varsity

Post by svbt1112 »

The article that drrabbit posted said that Lynchburg Clay sat out some key players for unspecified reasons in the Peebles District Semi game. That had to factor into the fact that Peebles advanced.

Therefore, I would think the Burg will get through this one.

I would also think that if the game is played on an old Indian Burial Ground it would favor the team NOT using Indians as their nickname........ in this politically correct world anyway!

Good Luck to the SOC team and hopefully we will see an all-SOC Regional Semifinal (not played in Philo!)

bunt pirate
Freshman Team

Post by bunt pirate »

RxBurgFan wrote:should be fun to watch. good win for peebles over lc. jackson a great facility for game. what will this halloween night bring? tricks or treats? if i am not mistaken i believe that the stadium is built atop an old indian burial ground. should make for good fun.
im sold on the indian graveyard deal, i see lots of tricks by the pirates saturday night... with lewis stealing all the treats from the indians...

pirates 9
peebles 0

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

I plan on being in attendence for this one. The Indian burial ground turns out to be the deciding factor for the Indians in this game...

Peebles 3
Wheelersburg 2

With Jacob "Beckham" Denzik scoring two goals :122245

GaryGroundhawg
Riding the Bench

Post by GaryGroundhawg »

In no doubt the best game of the day. I take the Pirates in a 4-3 nail biter. Peebles already took it to Webster earlier this year in preseason.

Chieftan
Riding the Bench

Post by Chieftan »

Peebles - 2
Burg - 0

Half-time

Go Indians!!!

Concessionlady
Freshman Team

Post by Concessionlady »

Keep us posted. Was hoping someone would. Thank You.

socfan
All Conference

Post by socfan »

Just got a report from someone at the game...Wheelersburg now leads 4-2...around 20 minutes into the second half

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

5-2 Final!!

DISTRICT CHAMPIONS!!

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Congrats Pirates! Good Luck vs. Berlin Hiland!

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Even though the Indians lost I was glad to be in attendance for this one. They played a nearly flawless first half but just couldnt keep up the pace as Dillan Lewis(I think he had all 5 second half goals) from the Burg took nearly all the momentum. I was skeptical of him coming into the game but this kid can flat out play. Anyone care to post where he might be headed to college?

lol P.S. I do take some consolation in at least picking the right amount of Jacob Denzik goals.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Lewis had 4 goals and Hughes had 1. Great first half by Peebles, but they just seemed to come out flat and tired in the 2nd half. Peebles did have one of the best fan sections I have seen in southern Ohio soccer. Nice to see a young program with great support.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

great fans from peebles. really good following. well coached team. just couldn't get into the second half.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Congrats to the Pirates on the District Championship and good luck against Berlin Highland. Highland has to be pretty good since they took out an undefeated Webster team.

Dillon Lewis just might be able to play football somewhere as well with his kicking abilities. His KO's are routinely inside the 10 yard line and he puts a few in the EZ. He also rarely misses any XP's and has good range on FG's too. But I'm sure soccer will be his first choice.

Return to “Soccer”