Top players

rxburgfan
All State

Re: Top players

Post by rxburgfan »

Purpero kids good player. Let's get him through high school first. Have a good four years with the tigers and then see what happens. He is fun to watch.

pcohio
Varsity

Post by pcohio »

Don KeyPunch wrote:Id have to say williams from lucassville and thomas from eastern pike from what ive seen in the soc 1 thus far
And who is Thomas from Eastern Pike?

jm1919
Freshman Team

Post by jm1919 »

Southeastern is new to the soccer community, but we have few solid players Dylan Miles, Hunter Miles.
Dylan is a sophomore, Hunter is a freshman.

Buckeyezhouse
Waterboy

Post by Buckeyezhouse »

Probably not the best idea for coaches to be listing who they think are their best players at this point. I realize the stats speak for themselves, however, players read these posts and it could be discouraging. There's a time for coaches to do this later in the season.

newschool
Waterboy

Post by newschool »

Hard not mention some outstanding players from over in the West: Peebles has two strikers that have great speed and finish well Jonathon Pryor and Stone Crothers; A 4 year keeper that is having a great season - Tyler Gray; a center mid that is the complete package and has tremendous vision - Caleb Denzik and a center back that is a true beast of a player - Clay Keidel. Fairfield Leesburg has an awesome keeper, Lynchburg has a freshman centerback that is fast and reads the field well, Eastern has an all-state player that they have moved around quite a bit to try and shore up their program in Chase Lawson.

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

Just because one scores the goals does't mean he is the best player. The mid fielders control the game, play the entire field and never get much credit.

cobbtown
Freshman Team

Post by cobbtown »

Fairfield-Local Jr. Blake Hildebrant

Great all-around athlete.

38 career goals so far. Can play mid or striker.

He's also a state qualifier in cross country.
All district in baseball and started every game last varsity basketball season as a soph..

soccerkrazed
Riding the Bench

Post by soccerkrazed »

Last years SEOAL POY Nick Koch from Warren has amazing skill and accuracy with the ball. He is a midfielder that reads the field well and is a great playmaker. Have enjoyed watching him play.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

soccerfix wrote:Just because one scores the goals does't mean he is the best player. The mid fielders control the game, play the entire field and never get much credit.
Very true, but in the case of Unioto's Casey Zupi, he's proved his worth at every position on the field(outside of GK.) Started as a freshman and sophomore on defense, became All Ohio as a midfielder, and is now excelling as their primary scorer while playing forward. If needed, he would play wherever on the field, but with a stout defense and very solid midfield play, his best position for this team is up top.

alexandersoccer
Waterboy

Post by alexandersoccer »

solid players at alexander: jonah hensley good distributer and leading team in scoring, jared jeffers and chase gould solid game in and out at midfield, adam turner center defender and not many mentioned but keeper stan debenedetto one of the best if not best keeper in the area!! comment on Zupi from unioto best player i"ve seen this yr kid is speedy good foot skills and is a beast in the air but is complimented with a really skilled midfield.

goodsoccer8
Waterboy

Post by goodsoccer8 »

I feel as if Unioto and Waverly should/could have 5 players making First Team All-District. Those being:
1. Casey Zupi, Unioto
2. Jacob Pupero, Waverly
3. Jean Paul White, Waverly
4. Drew Gabis, Unioto
5. Nick Cozad, Unioto

Here you've got the leading producers, best defender, and keeper showing the most skill based on goals allowed to schedule strength. I could also see these teams posting up to 10 players for Second Team and obviously a few Honorable Mention.

tigerSTRIPEZzz
Riding the Bench

Post by tigerSTRIPEZzz »

I would agree with your Top 5 picks. I could also see Waverly's Hudson Diener being right there as well. He's having a good year along with White and Pupero.

realfutbol
Riding the Bench

Post by realfutbol »

JEEPS....Goddard coming on strong second half of season....

Flatlander1
Waterboy

Post by Flatlander1 »

Don KeyPunch wrote:Id have to say williams from lucassville and thomas from eastern pike from what ive seen in the soc 1 thus far
Eastern Pike has no one named Thomas. There best play is Senior Tyler Edler. They have some good young talent coming up only problem is there lack of team play. They simply do not like to pass the ball.

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

Elder is a solid player indeed. I think Don was thinking of the Thomas kid that graduated a couple of years ago from Eastern.

onthepitch
Freshman Team

Post by onthepitch »

1. Zupi , Unioto the best player on the best team in the area.
2. Purpero, Waverly IMHO the best all around player with room to get improve more only a sophmore
3. Gabis, Unioto He is the best keeper that I have seen all year.
4. Winters, Valley Has speed footskills and a nose for the goal had around 35-36 goals this season.
5. White, Waverly Moving up from defender has proved to be a great move, he is in running for SOC POY

Honorable Mention
Cozad, Unioto
Bevens, Waverly ( I believe if healthy all season he would be in top 5 )

Unioto Rocks
Freshman Team

Post by Unioto Rocks »

Two players who have been overlooked or barely mentioned on this thread but deserve some recognition is Eric Hutton of Zane Trace and Dylan Miles of Southeastern. Both are good, strong, aggressive players. Their respective high school teams may not be at the top of their divisions, but you put these two on a select team with experienced players and you would be blown away.

onthepitch
Freshman Team

Post by onthepitch »

I should have prefaced my top 5 by saying players I have seen play this season. Have heard lots of good things about Hutton. Also would add on honorable mention Blackburn, Minford

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Stone Crothers and Jonathan Pryor from Peebles have 27 and 25 goals respectively(previous school record was 24) to this point. Midfielder Caleb Denzik and goalie Tyler Gray(14 goals conceded in 16 games) are also having great years.

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

i thought the school record was 19 goals for Pebbles???

Return to “Soccer”