Burg vs. Waverly 10/9

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Re: Burg vs. Waverly 10/9

Post by a_c_m »

3-2 Waverly.............Tigers were caught multiple times with too many men on the field! And no one gave the Pirates a chance! Great job tonight young men!

saveTHEnight
Freshman Team

Post by saveTHEnight »

anyone have stats for this one? i cant get ahold of anyone

onthepitch
Freshman Team

Post by onthepitch »

Great job by the Tigers against all odds....Glad the Tigers were able to get out of the game without injury. Burg needed the perfect storm to beat the Tigers and they had but it was not enough. Tiger Goals by Bradley, Purpero , and Cooper (burg own goal). Tigers keep a clean sheet in the SOCII .

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Absolute heart breaker for the Pirates. They had Waverly on the ropes twice tonight and couldn't hold on to the win. Good game guys. Keep your heads up and lets get ready for the Jeeps on Thursday.

socman
Varsity

Post by socman »

Not sure what game you were watching ACM. The Tigers did have 12 players on the field for about 5 seconds late in the 2nd half but that was the only time. The officials called on 4 substitutions but didn't give them enough time to get off the field and that is where the 12th man came in (as he was walking back to the bench)
As for the game, hats off to WHeelerburg, they played much better tonight. Waverly for some reason really struggled on the turf and tried to play way too fast. But to be able and come back from a 1-0 and 2-1 deficit says a lot about this squad. Waverly outshot them 26-7 on the night and Dalton made several huge saves to keep Wheelerburg in the game. He is a great keeper.

bunt pirate
Freshman Team

Post by bunt pirate »

thurman had the two for pirates im pretty sure

tigerSTRIPEZzz
Riding the Bench

Post by tigerSTRIPEZzz »

Tigers need to get focused as tourneys roll around, and get adjusted to turf. Luckily we pulled this one out but it shouldn't have been this close. Marietta next, should be a great game.

neuron1
Waterboy

Post by neuron1 »

Burg lead 1-0 at the half.
2 - 1 with 18:00 to play. They almost made it 3-1 with a good shot before Waverly was able to tie.
Waverly got the winning score on an own goal with 2:12 left.
Burg had 15 shots and Waverly 19,
Alex Dalton had 12 savers for Burg and the Waverly Keeper had 8 saves.

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

Wow close game. stinks it was an own goal.

Jeep79
Waterboy

Post by Jeep79 »

Own goals are killer. With Thurman back Wheelersburg just made the tournament action a whole bunch more interesting.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

socman wrote:Not sure what game you were watching ACM. The Tigers did have 12 players on the field for about 5 seconds late in the 2nd half but that was the only time. The officials called on 4 substitutions but didn't give them enough time to get off the field and that is where the 12th man came in (as he was walking back to the bench)
As for the game, hats off to WHeelerburg, they played much better tonight. Waverly for some reason really struggled on the turf and tried to play way too fast. But to be able and come back from a 1-0 and 2-1 deficit says a lot about this squad. Waverly outshot them 26-7 on the night and Dalton made several huge saves to keep Wheelerburg in the game. He is a great keeper.
12 players on the field one time is too many. I remember at least twice there was a problem. I am not sure what game you were watching. You are allowed to post what you saw and I am allowed to post what I saw. The Pirates gave you more than you wanted and you were lucky to come out with the win. Someone posted above that Pirates had 15 shots to 19 for Waverly.

Congratulations SOC II champs Waverly! Good Luck in the tournament!

onthepitch
Freshman Team

Post by onthepitch »

I feel you are always lucky to come out of Burg with a win ...and Waverly did get all we wanted and all we wanted was a win
Last edited by onthepitch on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

sports740
Waterboy

Post by sports740 »

Thurman had one goal with an excellent pass from Butler. Clark had the other. As for Burg scoring the last goal for Waverly...it was going in whether Burg touched it or not :( Pirates played an excellent game and have nothing to hang their heads about! This was a much better game than the last against Waverly and I think the score speaks for itself. Waverly has a very skilled team and in my opinion Pirates did an excellent job keeping up with them last night. Great job Pirates. Continue to play like the team you were last night and you will be just fine!

Jeep79
Waterboy

Post by Jeep79 »

onthepitch wrote:I feel you are always lucky to come out of Burg with a win...and Waverly did get all we wanted and all we wanted was a win
Sounds like one team had to many players on the field to me. Hard playing against the twelfth man. How many cards did they receive for the infractions for to many players on the field? Lets blame the referees for almost getting beat, or lets say we played awful that's why. The two ref's mentioned are two of the best around no doubt, better shot blaming the turf for the score.
Last edited by Jeep79 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

haha. first time i've ever seen the "Winning" (Charlie Sheen) team blame the refs wow. SYC is right about the refs, those guys are the 2 best around. They actually understand the game, and ref a lot of college soccer. Lets drop the "h" and "e" off whine, and settle for the win ok onthepatch?

tigerSTRIPEZzz
Riding the Bench

Post by tigerSTRIPEZzz »

No blaming the refs here. It was a close game, but we walked away with the W. We just need to come to every game ready to play and not overlook any team.

Keagan
Riding the Bench

Post by Keagan »

Lets not forget that it was Wheelersburg playing at home possibly the best winning percentage ever at home in SOC play. With the squad healthy and at full strength playing a well rounded game of soccer with good passing and great shots the Burg will make a deep tournament run. They have to play a full game no let downs and no defensive let downs. Orange and Black attack is back what a great time to peak.

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

ok keagan, once again welcome back. my question is... who will you be rooting for in this thursdays game between South Webster and Burg????? You can't root for both. sorry.

D4hero
Freshman Team

Post by D4hero »

Keagan wrote:Lets not forget that it was Wheelersburg playing at home possibly the best winning percentage ever at home in SOC play. With the squad healthy and at full strength playing a well rounded game of soccer with good passing and great shots the Burg will make a deep tournament run. They have to play a full game no let downs and no defensive let downs. Orange and Black attack is back what a great time to peak.
oh wow look what the cat drug in mr "i give no good insight ever" Keegan

hey keegan did u play for burg? u talk about them a lot but i thought you went to new boston?

did u even play soccer? or did u play around on the golden playground of utopia the hole time hahahahah

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

I don't remember anyone named "Keagan" playing for Burg in the past 15 years. I could be wrong, but New Boston sounds more like it.

Return to “Soccer”