2 for 1 Special: SW vs. GHS and M vs. Wb

jazzfingers888
JV Team

2 for 1 Special: SW vs. GHS and M vs. Wb

Post by jazzfingers888 »

Jeeps host the GHS Tigers and Pirates host the Falcons. Winners and losers.... pick em here!

rxburgfan
All State

Re: 2 for 1 Special: SW vs. GHS and M vs. Wb

Post by rxburgfan »

Tigers usually can compete for the first half. Jeeps win this one. Potential photo finish in the Burg. Falcons can strike first pressure falls on the Pirates. Pirates play struggles when down goals. Better for pirates to get 2 early. Should be fun to watch.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

The Jeeps might have their hands full with the Tigers tonight. Conditions will make a difference. As for the Pirates I think they'll have the upper hand. Burg will take it 4-1.

Bigbadwolf
Freshman Team

Post by Bigbadwolf »

Rain should hold off for both games. Jeeps will win against NB. Burg vs. Minford is too close to call. Pirates are hard to beat at home, especially with the smell of fast food and the sound of gravel in milk jugs in the air.

Don KeyPunch
Riding the Bench

Post by Don KeyPunch »

Tigers will stomp the little jeeps tonight... they have no chance. Tired of hearing everyone act like SW is so good when they havent played any good competition all season... They should take some notes from New Boston on how to develop a strong schedule and navigate through it like hickies hamburger grease in your arteries. I'll take my tigers tonight in an "upset" of the jeeps by a score of 2-0... Conditions are just like we like them... sloppy... Hopefully the jeep fans get some of that perrys pizza in their mouths early tonight because they'll be soon heading to the cars with a bad taste in their mouths... Gonna splatter a nice saucy upset all over the jeep faithful on this night! GHS GHS GHS GHS GHS FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!!!!

Don KeyPunch
Riding the Bench

Post by Don KeyPunch »

Also, no one cares about wheelersburg or minford... If i wanted to talk about two cupcake teams then I'd be eating dessert right now.

thedeasel84
Waterboy

Post by thedeasel84 »

Complete snooze fest in Webster tonight! 3-0 final Webster defintly has their 12222222000000 consecutive SOC championship in the bag....
As for the minfard @ burg game let's just call it the barn burner 2.0 in a complete blood bath the pirapes upset the big birds for a 3-2 win...Minfard controlled most of the game but struggled to captalize.. And did not get any help what soo ever in the blue zebra department the reffing was horrible! The thorman twins of burg just did what they wanted! The one armed bandit did the dirty work up top while the little wizzle did it in the mid feild have to get these players under control or atleast put them in some martial arts type deal to let some unessasry agrresion out.. If I wanted to see that amount of aloud aggression I would have saved the money in the ATV left it at mule town and replayed the mayweather fight! All in all what a great night for some SOC SOCCER! Most fans I've seen at a high school soccer match up! Also want to take the time to s/o minfards Parry the platypus on what I like to call a Scioto County Hot Pocket ripping that free kick top 90°.

SHAQ25
Waterboy

Post by SHAQ25 »

Wheelersburg-3
Minford- 2

Great effort by both teams tonight with Minford and Burg!!! Burg played a really good first half and let a goal slip in on a silly mistake. The Pirates had several opportunities to put this game away early and missed several point blank "gimme" goals one on one with keeper. The game could have very easily been 4-1 at half. Pirates made this game hard on themselves and let Minford stay in it. Minford made a couple adjustments that seemed to work at half and Burg let up a little offensively and became a little defensive minded and didn't attack as much as first half. This hurt them a bit it seemed because their offense puts a lot of pressure on teams when they are attacking heavily. Perry put in one of the prettiest directs I have seen in years. Burg won a lot of 50/50 balls and controlled midfield the majority of the time. Minford had some periods of time where the momentum was in their favor and produced some good shooting opportunities. If burg would play entire game like they did the first half....they would be very hard to hang with! Inconsistent play is their worst enemy!

As far as the officiating, it was even both ways it seemed. Sure there was missed calls as there are in every single high school game, but no game changing calls. Minford put the direct in on a call in their favor...actually one of the more cleaner games I have seen in past couple weeks. Headers seemed to be where people were wanting calls on how players were going up....but I saw nothing but typical 2 high school players going up for headers and jockeying for position....nothing that was over the top....just good physical play from both teams. This was SOC soccer at its best and a great game to watch! Also, a big shout out to all of the fans from both schools ....very big crowd.....was nice to see the support out for soccer and created a great game atmosphere.

Minford is at Waverly this Thursday and Burg is at Northwest.
Last edited by SHAQ25 on Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

SHAQ25
Waterboy

Post by SHAQ25 »

Don KeyPunch wrote:Also, no one cares about wheelersburg or minford... If i wanted to talk about two cupcake teams then I'd be eating dessert right now.
Those two cupcake teams put it all over you if I recall...

Redcard
Freshman Team

Post by Redcard »

SHAQ25 wrote:
Don KeyPunch wrote:Also, no one cares about wheelersburg or minford... If i wanted to talk about two cupcake teams then I'd be eating dessert right now.
Those two cupcake teams put it all over you if I recall...

Haha. Retweet!

Return to “Soccer”