Waverly vs. Minford, Oct. 2

thenoose
Freshman Team

Re: Waverly vs. Minford, Oct. 2

Post by thenoose »

I believe that it's going to be a hard fought game, but I do believe that Minford will be on top in the end. I haven't decided how the scoring will turn out yet but, I do think that it will be intensly close!

vballsoccer178
JV Team

Post by vballsoccer178 »

Should be a good one. If Waverly's defense can keep their hands down in the box they should be fine, but Price & Warren are pretty tough to stop.

burgboy
Freshman Team

Post by burgboy »

As a fan of the Burg I hope that minford can come out with the win in this one. It will be a good and physical game.Cant wait to watch this one. What if minford wins and then there will be a 3 way tie for the SOC lead, if no upsets take place there will be 3 teams that will win the SOC, has that ever happened before?

maintenanceman
Riding the Bench

Post by maintenanceman »

I would wait until a little closer to this game to see what happens...both teams still have a good amount of SOC games left, so if neither loses by then, we'll talk about a potential 3 way tie.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

should be a good game to watch. can't wait to see it. waverly can be beaten. that has been seen. good to see hard fought matches on the pitch.

NoHustle
Waterboy

Post by NoHustle »

Should be a hard faught game.....both teams are strong but with waverly's recent play seems to me like there in a slump i think the loss to wheelersburg hit em hard...
so on October 2nd.. i look forward to the Mighty Minford Falcons coming out on top.....there have a great run right now they seem like a brand new team since the burg game...but it should be some INTENSE play by both teams...good luck to both teams....

Rip em up
Tear it up
Give em H#@# RED!!!!!

Blackout
Waterboy

Post by Blackout »

With the way Minford has been playing I can see them winning this one in a close game. The midfield of Minford has to control the ball and the tempo like they did against burg and the defense also needs to play like they did against Burg. Keeper Duncan Jordan needs to have his head in the game which that aint no problem because he is a great keeper. But we will see how this turns out. Im saying Minford by a goal.

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

SOUNDS LIKE WAVERLY DOESN'T HAVE A CHANCE. I GUESS THAT'S WHY THEY PLAY THE GAME.

pcohio
Varsity

Post by pcohio »

I would consider it a "slump" if Waverly was losing to teams that they should be beating! They lost to Burg on a last minute goal and to a Chillicothe team that would easily beat any other school in the SOC!
The Tigers aren't reeling from these losses, but now are more focused than ever to bring home the SOC crown! The problem all year has been coming out strong in the second half of a match and if they can cure this problem by the end of the season, they should be in great shape to win this match vs. Minford!

soccerdude
Waterboy

Post by soccerdude »

I'm definately going to have to say that minford will win this one for sure.

It seems like PCohio is always makes excuses for the waverly tigers. Im sorry but a goal is a goal no matter what time it comes in a game. The pirates outplayed the tigers greatly. The tigers came out extremely weak and stayed that way the whole game. If your going to make excuses then, "The reason that the burg lost was because it was early in the season and they hadn't formed together yet." okay that was completely sarcastic and stupid, just like all the excuses that PCohio makes. Just face it, burg outplayed waverly the entire game. thats final. That is exactly whats going to happen when the tigers get taken from their home field and play minford at their place.

GO FALCONS!!

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

SOCCERDUDE WERE YOU AT THE GAME? SOUNDS LIKE SOMEBODY TOLD YOU ABOUT IT AND LEFT OUT SOME OF THE GOOD PARTS. WAVERLY WAS AHEAD AT HALF 2-1 THEN THE 2ND HALF SLUMP CAME. PC WASN'T MAKING EXCUSES JUST STATING WAVERLY'S TENDENCIES. WAVERLY SHOULD HAVE PULLED BACK AFTER THEY TIED THE GAME, GONE HOME WITH A TIE AND THE SOC IN THEIR POCKET! THE FIRST GAME WASN'T EVEN CLOSE IF YOU SAW IT. A PK AND A SWING AND A MISS BY THE GOALIE. NO REAL OFFENSIVE THREAT THE ENTIRE GAME.

soccerdude
Waterboy

Post by soccerdude »

yea i was there. and from what i saw waverly had little offensive threat. burg completely controlled the game and let waverly have a few easy goals. what i meant by making excuses is that he always seems to say something about a pk, or the size of the field, and this time he's blaming their loss on a last minute goal. im just saying that a goal is a goal, no matter what time it comes in a game. burg controlled the field, thats it.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Minford has the best difference maker in the league on their team, but I suspect that Waverly will win this game--more depth of talent and experience.

As to the Waverly/Burg games, after reading comments on here, I often end up wondering if we all watch the same games. I think that most of us see what we want to see and nothing more.

Or it's like looking at an object from different sides of a prism. It is distorted in different ways from the different point of views.

I saw two teams play their hearts out and leave it all on the field.

The shooting was even. Wheelersburg had some great opportunities that they missed on wide open shots and Waverly had several close opportunities in traffic that they did not quite put a foot on. But give the defenses the credit they deserve.

Both teams could have played better but they both played well enough to win. In this case, one team came out on top by not wasting one last good opportunity.

After the game, I looked in the faces of the Wheelersburg players and they happy and exhausted. I looked in the faces of the Tigers and they were disappointed and exhausted. Neither team had held anything back in reserve.

pcohio
Varsity

Post by pcohio »

soccerdude wrote:yea i was there. and from what i saw waverly had little offensive threat. burg completely controlled the game and let waverly have a few easy goals. what i meant by making excuses is that he always seems to say something about a pk, or the size of the field, and this time he's blaming their loss on a last minute goal. im just saying that a goal is a goal, no matter what time it comes in a game. burg controlled the field, thats it.

Hey genius! They DID lose on a last minute goal...That is NOT an excuse, it is a FACT! If you actually READ my posts, you would see that I did not blame the loss on the size of the field, I said that the Waverly coach did not do a great job of adjusting his formation to the playing conditions! The PK's you are referring to came in Waverly's WINS, so I am not sure how that constitutes an excuse??
Waverly had little offensive threat to the tune of FOUR GOALS?? I can't wait to see how many they score when they do have some offensive threat!
Besides, the whole point of my original post was that they lost to teams that it was very possible for them to lose to (Burg & Chilli) and they had not been upset by anyone they should have beaten!
You might want to try READING the post before adding your opinions to an adult conversation!

soccerdude
Waterboy

Post by soccerdude »

hey pcohio
im pretty sure i recall u saying that u thought burg was going to get two pks at burg. and that was right after waverly had just beaten the burg. i can only look at that and think that u were only making excuses for the next game. u made the last minute goal sound like a crappy goal. it was actually a decent run and a good goal. thats all. all i was trying to say was that if waverly plays as bad as they did against burg, they dont have a chance against this strong minford team. ive seen waverly play much better and if they dont pick it up then they dont have a chance. thats all.

neuron1
Waterboy

Post by neuron1 »

Minford has more to loose. If they win they would have a share of first. If they loose they would drop to third. They are too good to be third in the SOC.

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

SOCCERDUDE, WHERE DO YOU GET THE CONNOTATION OF "A LAST MINUTE GOAL" TO MEAN "A CRAPPY GOAL?" MAYBE YOU SUBCONSCIOUSLY KNOW THAT LEWIS WAS OFFSIDES.

maintenanceman
Riding the Bench

Post by maintenanceman »

Lets get back on top gents. This will be a great game, and hopefully the Falcons can pull out the win. And please, no more all caps!

pcohio
Varsity

Post by pcohio »

It should be a great match!
Once again, if the Tigers can put together two good halves, they should be able to pull out the win!
Waverly 5 - Minford 3

Return to “Soccer”