Soc Predictions for next year

thenoose
Freshman Team

Re: Soc Predictions for next year

Post by thenoose »

How well do ya'll think teams from around southern Ohio will do against some of the teams from our northern counterpart?

Keegan
Freshman Team

Post by Keegan »

Until we get away from the "boom ball" and get used to working the ball around and get a little more fundamentally sound I don't see any team from southern Ohio getting past regionals at best... and that's a brave prediction

pcohio
Varsity

Post by pcohio »

I agree Keegan!

Beantown
Waterboy

Post by Beantown »

After watching the SOC for the past four years it is my humble opinion that Coach Boll is by far the best coach in the league.I have observed him on and off the field and his love for the game extends to players on other teams as well as his own.I witnessed firsthand him assisting other players with advice and support to get all they could out of the talent they have.
Also I would like to mention his sister that spends countless hours taking pictures and giving them to teams and individuals expecting nothing in return.
Alot of coaches talk a good game but Coach Boll puts the talk into action.
Last edited by Beantown on Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

burgboy
Freshman Team

Post by burgboy »

Beantown wrote:After watching the SOC for the past four years it is my humble opinion that Coach Boll is by far the best coach in the league.I have observed him on and off the field and his love for the game extends to players on other teams as well as his own.I witnessed firsthand him assisting other players with advice and support to get all they could out of the talent they have.
Also I would like to mention his wife that spends countless hours taking pictures and giving them to teams and individuals expecting nothing in return.
Alot of coaches talk a good game but Coach Boll puts the talk into action.

Actually its his sister that gives all the pictures out.

Beantown
Waterboy

Post by Beantown »

Guess that mistake proves that i am not from burg...HA!HA!

thenoose
Freshman Team

Post by thenoose »

Yeah she does a great job with pics and giving them to all the teams around here.

maintenanceman
Riding the Bench

Post by maintenanceman »

I completely agree that Coach Boll is the best coach in the SOC. I do believe that there is another great SOC coach not coaching at the moment who rivals Boll. Its sad to me that Mark Price isn't coaching at Minford.

burgboy
Freshman Team

Post by burgboy »

maintenanceman wrote:I completely agree that Coach Boll is the best coach in the SOC. I do believe that there is another great SOC coach not coaching at the moment who rivals Boll. Its sad to me that Mark Price isn't coaching at Minford.

I agree, with the record that he has while at burg and all of the conf. champs he has won, that makes him the best coach in the SOC. He has not been coaching as long as others around the state but is up there in wins all time. He has also had some good players and teams while he has been at burg.

BeAWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by BeAWarrior »

Unfortunatly, I to agree that perhaps the best coach in the area is Mark Price, it's a shame he is in the position he is in. Coach Boll does an extrodinary job, best coach in the are in my opinion, but its hard to look past Price also.

maintenanceman
Riding the Bench

Post by maintenanceman »

Burgboy, you said Boll hasn't coached as long as some people in the state...WHAT????

Coach Boll has been coaching Burg since the beginning of their team in 1986. That seems like a long time to me. As well, the OHSAA lists him as having 300 wins by 2006, quite impressive.

What you may be referring to is the quote from his sister that the first soccer game he ever saw was the first game he coached (I hope I got that quote write but please correct me if I'm wrong). That is incredibly impressive. He is an incredible game manager.

thenoose
Freshman Team

Post by thenoose »

Yes, Coach Boll does have an impressive record and has a lot of good coaching skills.

burgboy
Freshman Team

Post by burgboy »

maintenanceman wrote:Burgboy, you said Boll hasn't coached as long as some people in the state...WHAT????

Coach Boll has been coaching Burg since the beginning of their team in 1986. That seems like a long time to me. As well, the OHSAA lists him as having 300 wins by 2006, quite impressive.

What you may be referring to is the quote from his sister that the first soccer game he ever saw was the first game he coached (I hope I got that quote write but please correct me if I'm wrong). That is incredibly impressive. He is an incredible game manager.

Im sure that there has been coaches in the state that has coached longer than he has.

thenoose
Freshman Team

Post by thenoose »

burgboy wrote:
maintenanceman wrote:Burgboy, you said Boll hasn't coached as long as some people in the state...WHAT????

Im sure that there has been coaches in the state that has coached longer than he has.

Yea there has,but maintenance is saying that Boll is right up there with other coaches who have also coach for a good while.

hitman2238
Waterboy

Post by hitman2238 »

yes coach boll is easily the best tactician in the soc byfar

maintenanceman
Riding the Bench

Post by maintenanceman »

Burgboy,

Coach Boll is the second longest active coach in the state of Ohio. Not many more coaches have coached longer than that.

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

maintenanceman wrote:Coach Boll has been coaching Burg since the beginning of their team in 1986. That seems like a long time to me. As well, the OHSAA lists him as having 300 wins by 2006, quite impressive.

Yeah but if you coach for that long then your bound to get plenty of wins....everyone wins games, a select few win championships. And by championships I mean regional/state not the usual conference champ stuff

maintenanceman
Riding the Bench

Post by maintenanceman »

It's incredibly difficult for a team from rural southern ohio to make the state soccer tournament. Competing with Cincinnati teams and private schools always hurts them. Also, the lack of club and competitive winter opportunities hurts players.

I believe that Valley is the only team from Scioto County to win a Regional Championship.

Sports_Tracker
Freshman Team

Post by Sports_Tracker »

maintenanceman, What you said is true. However, untill the teams south of Chillicothe change their style of play they will be lucky to even make it into the regionals.

maintenanceman
Riding the Bench

Post by maintenanceman »

You are completely right. Waverly had quit using the boomball style while Purpero was in school, and Minford had stopped relying on it while Price was at the helm.

I think Burg's success last year was partly due to their regression from the boomball formula. Wes Lyons was a lot of why they stayed away from that style, and I think that is why they will struggle this year. Waverly has firmly entrenched themselves as a traditional passing team and I really think they will dissect many of the young defenses this year.

Return to “Soccer”