2015-16 Divisions

4thgoal
SEOPS

Re: 2015-16 Divisions

Post by 4thgoal »

GoBucks1047 wrote:Looking at Girls Soccer, if I'm correct, both Division 2 and 3 now have 16 teams each. I wonder if the SEODAB will try to split each division's in southeastern Ohio district into 2 8-team georgraphical sectionals to hopefully cut down on sectional travel.
I was just talking about this for D3 last week. I think an East/West split would cut down on a lot of travel, maybe with US 23 being the divide line. The only problem is that there are 3 rounds of sectional play in D3 girls, but this would cut down on games like Eastern Brown @ St Joseph last year which was at 5:00 on a Tuesday.

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

4th n Goal wrote:
GoBucks1047 wrote:Looking at Girls Soccer, if I'm correct, both Division 2 and 3 now have 16 teams each. I wonder if the SEODAB will try to split each division's in southeastern Ohio district into 2 8-team georgraphical sectionals to hopefully cut down on sectional travel.
I was just talking about this for D3 last week. I think an East/West split would cut down on a lot of travel, maybe with US 23 being the divide line. The only problem is that there are 3 rounds of sectional play in D3 girls, but this would cut down on games like Eastern Brown @ St Joseph last year which was at 5:00 on a Tuesday.
This is what I came up with for D2 and D3 girls soccer.

Division 2
North:
Circleville, Fairfield Union, Hillsboro, Logan Elm, McClain, Miami Trace, Washington C.H., Westfall.

South:
Athens, Chillicothe, Jackson, Marrieta, South Point, Unioto, Warren, Waverly.

Travel in D2 will be rough whether you use North/South or East/West, but North/South looked better using US 50 as the divider. Not sure if you have any better ideas for D2. Districts would most likely remain in Jackson, but Chillicothe could be considered as well.

Division 3
East:
Alexander, Chesapeake, Fairland, Minford, Southeastern, St Joseph Central (Ironton), Wheelersburg, Zane Trace.

West:
Eastern Brown, Fairfield (Leesburg), Lynchburg-Clay, North Adams, Northwest, Peebles, Portsmouth West, West Union.

D3 is basically split up by US 23 like you proposed. I could see Northwest/West switched with Southeastern/Zane Trace. Waverly's new turf field and a decently central location would be a great place to host district semi-finals and maybe even sectional finals being right off US 23 and and just 5 miles from SR 32. District finals would remain in Athens with the 2 southeast finalists competing against the 2 East finalists competing for the 2 regional spots.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I agree GoBucks. Also, Valley would be a good central location for most teams in a nice stadium with new turf (for sectional finals). I know in the past, Valley has hosted some boys D2 tournaments.

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

4th n Goal wrote:I agree GoBucks. Also, Valley would be a good central location for most teams in a nice stadium with new turf (for sectional finals). I know in the past, Valley has hosted some boys D2 tournaments.
Yeah, Valley would be another great location to host a sectional and maybe district semi. They have a great facility with plenty of parking too.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

GoBucks1047 wrote:Plus it gives St. Joe's kids an opportunity to compete in a league even if it's only in soccer, and if I remember right, Gallia Academy doesn't have Girls Soccer so the Lawrence County Cup will definitely have to stay around for Girls Soccer since there would only be 3 OVC girls soccer teams.
I am hearing rumors that South Point is in jeopardy of not having a girls team this fall due to lack of numbers, so that would make only 2 OVC girls teams.

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

4th n Goal wrote:
GoBucks1047 wrote:Plus it gives St. Joe's kids an opportunity to compete in a league even if it's only in soccer, and if I remember right, Gallia Academy doesn't have Girls Soccer so the Lawrence County Cup will definitely have to stay around for Girls Soccer since there would only be 3 OVC girls soccer teams.
I am hearing rumors that South Point is in jeopardy of not having a girls team this fall due to lack of numbers, so that would make only 2 OVC girls teams.
That's a shame if the rumor is true. Hopefully they can get enough girls together for a team.
Last edited by cghs82 on Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

GoBucks1047 wrote:
4th n Goal wrote:
That's a shame if the rumor is true. Hopefully they can get enough girls together for a team.
I agree. It would also be bad for all the teams on their schedule that would be scrambling to try and pick up a game or 2 this late in the offseason

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

4th n Goal wrote: I agree. It would also be bad for all the teams on their schedule that would be scrambling to try and pick up a game or 2 this late in the offseason
Any word on if South Point will be able to sport a girls soccer team this year?
Also I think it looks like we'll know how sectionals will be split up for fall sports in the Southeast District on August 19th since that is when the next SEODAB Meeting is scheduled to take place.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

GoBucks1047 wrote:Any word on if South Point will be able to sport a girls soccer team this year?
Also I think it looks like we'll know how sectionals will be split up for fall sports in the Southeast District on August 19th since that is when the next SEODAB Meeting is scheduled to take place.
I haven't heard of South Point cancelling any regualar season games, so hopefully no news is good news and they are going to get it pulled together.

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

4th n Goal wrote:
GoBucks1047 wrote:Any word on if South Point will be able to sport a girls soccer team this year?
I haven't heard of South Point cancelling any regualar season games, so hopefully no news is good news and they are going to get it pulled together.
Sectionals have been released for fall sports and it has South Point on it for girls soccer so hopefully they have a full team. Also, boys division 3 has changed from 3 sectionals of 7 teams in SE to 2 sectionals of 10 (East) and 11 (West) teams while division 2 has 10 in the north and 9 in the south for boys. Division 2 and 3 in Girls Soccer both have 2 sectionals of 8 teams each with Logan hosting D2 districts and Waverly hosting D3 districts.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

The new sectionals for the D3 girls are a little better because you only have to win 2 to advance to district play. Last year you had to win 3. Also, Waverly hosting the girls D3 district tournament is a much more central location for all teams involved. Nothing wrong with Athens, but geographically it really made little sense. Also, not having any girls teams from the east district coming into our district tournament will allow 2 SE district teams to advance to regional play.

The same appears true on the boys D3 tournament. No east district teams coming into the SE district tournament, so there will be 2 SE district teams advancing to regionals (ie. there will be no Bishop Rosecrans and Berlin Hiland playing in the district tournament at Jackson).

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Divisions have been recalculated again.

The new divisions are as follows:
Boys
D1 342 or more
D2 178-341
D3 177 or less

Girls
D1 330 or more
D2 174-329
D3 173 or less

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

4th n Goal wrote:Divisions have been recalculated again.

The new divisions are as follows:
Boys
D1 342 or more
D2 178-341
D3 177 or less

Girls
D1 330 or more
D2 174-329
D3 173 or less
Any idea if that changes anything for any teams?

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

From what I could see, there are no changes to the SE district teams.

Return to “Soccer”