Dani California's Final Top 10 of the Season

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Dani California's Final Top 10 of the Season

Post by danicalifornia »

Well, due to what seemed like a lack of interest and a lot of time away from the computer, my top 10 went on a hiatus, but I'm going to post the final Top 10(11), since all SEO teams are out.

Just Missed: South Webster, New Boston, Waverly, Eastern Brown

10t. Wheelersburg(14-3-1)- Disappointing finish to an otherwise great year.
10t. Unioto(12-6-0)- Continued it's 10+win season streak, but lost in the sectional finals, underachieved big time.
9. Zane Trace(11-6-0)- Another underachiever, lost in Sectional Finals
8. Athens(9-6-4)- Upset Warren in the sectional finals, that warrents in the ranking, IMO.
7. Minford(10-5-4)- Surprise team around the tournament, had an exciting win over ZT in the sectional finals, lost in the district finals.
6. Logan(9-6-2)- Lost in the 1st round of the Tourney, but were D1 and in the Central. Can't ignore the 3rd place finish and very good regular season.
5. Hillsboro(13-6-2)- Explosive offensive club that started playing very well late, made a run to the district finals.
4. Alexander(13-5-1)- If not for an ineligible player in the district finals, they may still be playing, could be the last good season at Alexander for a while.
3. Warren(13-2-2)- The team that would've been #1 all year until the DoC, fell apart late, injuries played a role, but still had a great season. Tough loss to Athens eliminated them, but they'll be back.
2. Chillicothe(15-2-2)- Lots of seniors, but extremely talented underclassmen. SEOAL Champions
1. Marietta(13-6-2)- 4th place in the SEOAL, but turned it on at the best possible time, the only district champion out of the SEO and don't expect just a one-time showing. Young and talented, look for them to be back.

Extremely Early look at 2008:
1. Marietta- Young team, returning lots of talent
2. Chillicothe- Losing a lot, but SEOAL POY Basil is back
3. Waverly- Fantastic 8th grade class, always have lots of speed
4. Unioto- Possible addition by subtraction
5. Warren- Not sure on what is returning
6. Zane Trace- Talented underclassmen will have to lead
7. Athens- I believe they were young this season?
8. Hillsboro- Return a lot of scoring
9. Eastern Brown- They don't lose
10. Wheelersburg- I'm sure they'll still be ridiculous.

CHIEFSOCCER08
Riding the Bench

Post by CHIEFSOCCER08 »

Chillicothe and Warren were much better teams than Marietta.

soccernut
Freshman Team

Post by soccernut »

CHIEFSOCCER08 wrote:Chillicothe and Warren were much better teams than Marietta.

Early in the season they both beat Marietta, but later when the young kids started to get the feel for varsity play, I believe that any one of the three could have won against the other ones. Marietta finished the 8-2-1 in there last 11 games.

One of the loses was to the #1 in the state. (Desales)

So your statement may have been correct at the beginning of the season, but not at the end of the season.

NastyNate2010
Waterboy

Post by NastyNate2010 »

I guess that statement is pretty valid and justified considering they tied Warren and, mind you, beat Chillicothe. But, hey, I guess they are still way better than Marietta.

If Marietta played well all season, there was no team better then them.

CHIEFSOCCER08
Riding the Bench

Post by CHIEFSOCCER08 »

Marietta also got destroyed by Logan in their final regular season game. 4th place in the SEOAL isn't very impressive.

SVC Sports Nut
Waterboy

Post by SVC Sports Nut »

Dani, care to take a stab at the girls side ??

soccernut
Freshman Team

Post by soccernut »

CHIEFSOCCER08 wrote:Marietta also got destroyed by Logan in their final regular season game. 4th place in the SEOAL isn't very impressive.

I don't consider 4-1 "destroyed" taking into consideration the fact we had 2 of our seniors out on injury. Earlier in the season I think the score was 3-2. We will just have to wait and see what happens next year.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

SVC- Let me gather some stuff and I'll post at least a little something by the end of the week.

BTW, I would take 4th place in the league...and a district title any season.

CHIEFSOCCER08
Riding the Bench

Post by CHIEFSOCCER08 »

The district title was huge for Marietta, I agree, it's just a shame they didn't show up to play their final league game. And yes 4-1 is a blowout, Logan was missing some of their starters too.

Buck Rogers
Waterboy

Post by Buck Rogers »

Did you forget the fact that Mtta lost 12, thats right 12 seniors last season.

Buck Rogers
Waterboy

Post by Buck Rogers »

Also Logan has a tradition of being awful. Marietta is good, and its been proved by the fact that after a not so awful season, people say they suck. This is only because they traditionally win.

Landstuhl78
Waterboy

Post by Landstuhl78 »

So three top three league finishes in the last three years is AWFUL. In th league you play in we got third the last three years and thats awful. Logan very well could have one league this year. They almost beat warren(hence losing in the last 10 minutes of the game/leading most of it). And tied Chillicothe and had a disappointing game in the second matchup. Don't hate on Logan because we beat you this year.

Buck Rogers
Waterboy

Post by Buck Rogers »

Marietta has won (not one) multiple League championships, not almost won, actually won. And have finished top three almost every season. When I played, we beat you, by alot.

CHIEFSOCCER08
Riding the Bench

Post by CHIEFSOCCER08 »

That's great, too bad we're not talking about the past.

Landstuhl78
Waterboy

Post by Landstuhl78 »

and we beat you by a lot this year!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Soccer”