Oak Hill 08-09

iwearblacknikes
S

Oak Hill 08-09

Post by iwearblacknikes »

oak hill should consider having a soccer team for next season!!

Keegan
Freshman Team

Post by Keegan »

First that I've heard about anyone every saying for them to start up a soccer program. Has there been any interest in the community to pursue this idea or is this just the belief of a small group?

OVClocal
Freshman Team

Post by OVClocal »

not too many small schools have football and soccer

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

I think it would be a great idea!

Oakaholic33
Waterboy

Post by Oakaholic33 »

It is true, Oak Hill is getting a soccer team

Keegan
Freshman Team

Post by Keegan »

What conference will they be playing in?

OVClocal
Freshman Team

Post by OVClocal »

wow....it will be very tough to get a full schedule, unless they are going to start with a JV program

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Oak Hill

Post by a_c_m »

If Oak Hill would start soccer they would be playing in the SOC conference I would assume and there would be plenty of teams to play.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

I would say though that most of the schedules for next year are already in the final stages. But I think it is great that they are starting a soccer team. Have they been building up with a youth league and a middle school program? If not it will be very hard to have any success if you ask me. Good Luck and hope it happens for your school!

iwearblacknikes
S

Post by iwearblacknikes »

we have already had sign up sheets at school a lot of the kids are really excited for the upcoming season

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Traditionally in the SOC, the first year a school has a sport, they are only probationary. They do not compete for a league title. So they don't need a full league schedule the first year. By the next year, they would need the full schedule.

But I believe this one when I see the soccer lines on the football field.

OVClocal
Freshman Team

Post by OVClocal »

i guarantee you that 99% of the schedules are done for next year, but a JV schedule would be more appropriate anyways, maybe they play coal grove if they get their team?????

OVClocal
Freshman Team

Post by OVClocal »

found something interesting on ohsaa.org, if a school does not have a sport the designated area for the coaches name will say "none", while oak hill's states..To Be Assigned....so this is pretty much official and great for southeastern ohio soccer

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

That's great for Oak HIll. I hope they can field a competitive team. Have they just started soccer in the schools or are they building up from a Middle school team? Any way Good Luck to the Oaks next season.

Keegan
Freshman Team

Post by Keegan »

osumufan, I was wondering the same thing... If they are just starting from scratch and are planning on having a high school with no youth programs then it could take a considerable amount of time to build up a good competitive program

maintenanceman
Riding the Bench

Post by maintenanceman »

so what will this do to the makeup of the SOC?

Currently it is:

SOC 1:
S. Webster
New Boston
Clay
Valley

SOC2:
Minford
'Burg
Northwest
West
Waverly

Well, seeing it on paper makes it obvious that all that will happen is the addition of Oak Hill to SOC I.

Also, I believe Eastern Pike will have a high school program in the next 2 years. They have had Jr. High soccer for some time now.

OVClocal
Freshman Team

Post by OVClocal »

Well, realisticly they should have at least one year of JV only, but I would recommend 2 years. This will give them time to try and start a youth soccer league if there isn't one already. It's going to be hard to field a team without a youth prgram but it's great for soccer.

Keegan
Freshman Team

Post by Keegan »

OVClocal, I agree. The first JV only season will allow them to "get their feet wet".

Return to “Soccer”