Portsmouth West Senators problem

Senators_soccer
Waterboy

Portsmouth West Senators problem

Post by Senators_soccer »

What do you guys think is the problem with the Senators soccer program. There have been alot of rumors going around at west but I wanted to see what other people thought..Cause one winning game in two season there is something wrong.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Senators soccer

Post by a_c_m »

Are you a former player, current player or future player? What problems are you speaking of and what rumors?

Senators_soccer
Waterboy

I am a current player. And there's all kinds of rumors about our problems..I know this year we are getting a new coach and I was wondering what others thought of our problems.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

West

Post by a_c_m »

I am still not understanding what you are talking about when you say problems and rumors. I know that this year the Senators had a very young team and if you are on that team, then you should know. Just because you are going to have a new coach does not mean that you will have or are having problems. If you are concerned, please contact the source of the rumors and get clarification. Whoever your coach is, I am sure they will continue to do the best job possible for Portsmouth West High School soccer. Keep your head up, work hard and do the best you can for the team. Everything else will take care of itself. I wish you the best. If you wish, send me a private message. Thanks!

maintenanceman
Riding the Bench

Post by maintenanceman »

I did not play for West's previous coach and I did not know that he wasn't coaching anymore. He was a FANTASTIC coach and was a great role model for all the kids who played for him.

I did have the honor of playing against him, and he was one of the nicest coaches I can remember. He always complemented the other players and tried to keep any hostile feelings out.

I can't imagine any problems with him as the head coach, but I have not been in the program.

smoke93
Waterboy

Post by smoke93 »

Hello as the Coach of the Portsmouth West Senators Varsity Soccer Program for now. I do not know who you are but your information is way off. I have been Coaching for 15 years at the High School level and I have always been threre for ALL the kids I have Coached!!! As far as I know there are no problems and there will not be any problems. My children are getting older and it is time for me to be at home more with them. If you would like to contact me you I am very easy to get ahold of. I find this post very hurtful because I have gave Portsmouth West everything I had and am very proud to have been your coach or their coach. Thanks and God Bless!!!

Senators_soccer
Waterboy

There were alot of rumors of our coach just giving up on us (Which I know for a fact he did not do and would not do) But Overall I just want to know what outsiders see as our reasons for not winning besides a young team. I have heard quite often that we don't play as a team, and that we don't know how to pass. And maintenanceman I fully agree with you our coach has to have been one of my major role models and over all one of the best people I have ever met.

maintenanceman
Riding the Bench

Post by maintenanceman »

Smoke, I hope you're not talking about my post...its full of nothing but praise.

Any young team will have difficulty playing and winning. One year a team I played for only lost 3 games, then the next year we only won 3 games. High school soccer is a continual rollercoaster of ups and downs, well if you're Wheelersburg it's generally ups. In 2005-2006 West had a VERY good team. It's all very cyclical.

smoke93
Waterboy

Post by smoke93 »

No, I really appreiciate your post. You know how much work it takes.

lakers12345
Freshman Team

Post by lakers12345 »

i believe that Ports. West is having the same problems St. Joe use to have maybe 2-4 years ago. St. Joe was a really young team back them with like 8 freshmen starting and they were not use to winning many games ...St. joe came together and got better as a team..
thats my point of view..

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

How many kids are involved in soccer on the West side in the U-6 to U-14 age groups? How much community and adminstrative support?

Senators_soccer
Waterboy

I'm not quite sure how many kids are in the lower U-6 and U-14. But I have heard that there aren't that many freshman coming up that will do much in high school(But that's all from hear say and I don't know for sure). West is pretty much a football school. But the people involved in the soccer programs are extremely supportive.

pcohio
Varsity

Indoor

Post by pcohio »

I don't know how many of Ports. West's squad is putting in time in the offseason, but that could only help the program. I know several of the other SOC schools (Valley, SW, Minford, Burg, Waverly, NW, etc.) have kids playing in my Futsal Program, but I have never had any kids from the West area...Would love to see some of them come up and play!

----
Freshman Team

Re: Portsmouth West Senators problem

Post by ---- »

As a former player I can tell you that nothing is wrong with the coaching staff or the effort they have put in. They took the team from 1-2 wins to a winning record. The senior class of 2006 had plenty of talent and I think West simply hasn't re-loaded since then. They have a so-so youth league so when the players get to HS they arent developed like they should so the coach has to spend more time teaching things they should've learned in middle school.

Also the players don't have the desire to win. They don't take it nearly as seriously as they should.

Just my opinion

Senators_soccer
Waterboy

As a current player I can tell you now that we have more than enough desire to win. We just don't know how I guess. And after that one winning season it was followed by a one win season and a no win season. Yes the senior class of 2006 was phenomenal. I also agree with you on the fact that our youth league teaches us little to no structure or form. This season we will be getting a new coach. Yes our former coach was one of the most committed coaches I have ever had and he put in more than enough time at practices. Over all I just want to know why we aren't winning now. In youth league we won quite often and I just want to know stuff we can work on. I am in no way attacking anybody I'm just saying something has to be going wrong with us.

----
Freshman Team

Post by ---- »

Thanks for the compliment, however I would not call our senior class phenomenal. We fell short of our goal of a sectional title. We did however have phenomenal chemistry. We pushed each other extremely hard year round and enjoyed each others company tremendously.

I am glad you have the desire to win. I hope everyone has the same passion you share for West Soccer. I challenge you to take that passion and channel it into motivation for the upcoming season. Being in good physical condition and being mentally prepared is essential to success.

Invite a few teammates out to run and get into shape. Share with them your goals and expectations for the upcoming season. That will develop chemistry which is the first step to success.

Good Luck

Return to “Soccer”