Coaching Changes

SVC Sports Nut
Waterboy

Coaching Changes

Post by SVC Sports Nut »

I heard that Rudy is out as Zane Trace boys coach ???

That was a shortlived honeymoon.

Will Blumberg come back ?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Rudy is off to bigger and better things.

I doubt Blumberg would come back, especially since the cupboard isn't full(like it was for his 2 years) They'll find someone that is ready for the job, or one of the assistants may be ready as well.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

ZT will struggle next year unless they weaken their schedule a lot.

OVClocal
Freshman Team

Post by OVClocal »

what is Rudy moving on to? and are there any candidates yet for the ZT job

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

The word I have is, either a head coaching job at an NAIA school or top assistant. That's always a good place for a 20-something coach with big goals to be.

maintenanceman
Riding the Bench

Post by maintenanceman »

Wow that is a shocker...he really hasn't had that much success or experience as a coach.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

He was working with some soccer programs in West Virginia the last I heard. media relations of some sort.

roundballfan
Waterboy

Post by roundballfan »

I heard he is coaching the reserve team at Bethany College (Div III) in West Virginia.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Rudy is Media Relations director for the West Virgina Chaos organization.

From an news release that he sent out today:

Charleston , WV – The West Virginia Chaos announced today that the Premier Development League (PDL) team will enter their 7 th season in the PDL of the United Soccer Leagues (USL) under a new ownership and front office personnel for 2008. After just two years the West Virginia Chaos Youth Organization sold their entire holdings of the PDL WV Chaos team to a new owners group. Dan Rollins will continue to be the team's President/GM as he has done since 2006 but will now have a major holding in the ownership. The front office will have an Ohioan, Rudy Roediger as the Director of Media Relations and the Director of Operations.

Roediger, a 1999 graduate of Alexander High School in Albany , Ohio joined the Chaos in 2007 as a volunteer. Roediger recently moved to Bethany, West Virginia from Chillicothe, Ohio where he has spent the last 5 years within youth, high school and Olympic Development Program soccer as a coach and administrator. He spent four years coaching at South Webster, Piketon, and Zane Trace High Schools in Southeastern Ohio . He led Piketon to their first ever tournament victory in 2005 and Zane Trace to a 1st week state ranking of #9 and their fourth consecutive Sectional Championship appearance in 2007, in his tenure he was also selected the Southeast Ohio District Scholastic Soccer Coaches Association Vice President. As a player Roediger was an All-American MidEast selection in 2001 at Shawnee State University and a member of Indiana Wesleyan University 's 1999 National Christian College Athletic Association final four team. Roediger brings a high level of soccer involvement and energy to the front office. "It is great to join an organization with such opportunity for growth and fan entertainment while providing our players with newfound opportunities." Roediger understands the importance of the PDL and the role of the West Virginia Chaos to assist players whose aim is to continue their playing career in the United Soccer Leagues (USL) 1 st and 2nd Division or in the MLS as professionals. "It is important that we be proactive with forming relationships with the USL and MLS professional teams so that we can get more players moving on and fulfilling their goals and dreams," stated Roediger. "With players that have real aspirations of continuing to play and make it their profession, the Chaos will have a much more important role with representing the community and the state through the team and player's progress and success."

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Is any other program open? Boys or Girls?

I know of 2:
Amanda Clearcreek
Zane Trace

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Portsmouth West is the only one that I know for sure in the SOC.

ssusoccer
Varsity

Post by ssusoccer »

Portsmouth Clay-SOC-I

SVC Sports Nut
Waterboy

Post by SVC Sports Nut »

Danica, I think that the Amanda positions are required to be posted ???

Also heard rumor that the Unioto girls coach may be going to Chillicothe ??

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

SVC- Yes, they are required to be open. So, technically, both jobs at Unioto are open too.

Any word on who might be replacing Mark on the Girls side?

If he leaves, I think it will be a shame. He works his tail off and will be sorely missed, at least, IMO.

SVC Sports Nut
Waterboy

Post by SVC Sports Nut »

I haven't talked to Mark but my sister enjoys playing for him - he doesn't take any crap and some of the so called 'players' can't handle it. A couple of parents have been really hard on him. I saw him at the Chillicothe girls basketball game talking to I think was the soccer booster prez ? I was told that he has coached a lot of players who play for Chillilcothe and they would love to have him there - I wonder what happened to coach Allen ?

I have not heard anything about the ZT boys opening - any candidates names being tossed around ?

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Dani I hear your name mentioned for the Girls job at Unioto.

MarkWilliamson
Freshman Team

Post by MarkWilliamson »

Mark has been told by the AD that he will be back and he intends to be back - no truth to the CHS position talk. UHS is going to have a pretty competitive team ( assuming they stay healthy ) and Mark is looking forward to be part of it. He is currently working on a 3v3 tournament to be held at UHS this spring.

As for the parent issues - I don't think there is a coach in any HS sport that has hasn't had a problem parent. Fortunately we lose our biggest problem parent - he didn't know the meaning of the word soccer, but then again he doesn't know the meaning of most words. :lol:

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

bengal- I've heard your name mentioned too, LOL.

SVC Sports Nut
Waterboy

Post by SVC Sports Nut »

amvets - that is awesome news. Now if he just didn't have to take any LUMPS this season could be a special one.. HAHAHA

pcohio
Varsity

3v3

Post by pcohio »

Hey Amvets!
If you need any help setting up the 3v3 Tournament, let me know!

Return to “Soccer”