Soc Predictions for next year

hitman2238
Waterboy

Soc Predictions for next year

Post by hitman2238 »

im not sure about the soc alot of talent was lost this year and i was wondering who you think will win the soc2 this year.....i no waverly lost will barlow and burg is losing wes lyons and david jacobs and minford loses there whol back line of defense so who do you think will win the soc outright this year

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Burg, Waverly and Minford will reload quickly. Burg front line still in tact. mid-field and back line "?". Waverly scoring line can recover from Will loss. Minford is big ? Unsure what type of "team" they will put together. Price would be great addition.

hitman2238
Waterboy

Post by hitman2238 »

Waverly and minford will rebvound quickly ....minford is a question i no warren could be huge this year if he becomes a dominant scorer , however the have to rebuild there defense and their midfield

maintenanceman
Riding the Bench

Re: Soc Predictions for next year

Post by maintenanceman »

Minford should have a great year next year. The defense wasn't hit nearly as hard as people think, with a firm back 4 (or whatever formation the Falcons run next year).

Cody Warren could definitely be a great scorer, he just has to have a short memory. If he can forget about little mistakes and keep pushing forward he will succeed greatly.

With Evan Price back this year, Cody should move up to forward where he belongs. He is a pure striker with a nose for the goal that needs to be playing up top. Minford was a good central mid away from making it to the regionals last year. With that mid Cody could have played up top much more. I definitely think the Falcons can take the SOC this year.

hitman2238
Waterboy

Post by hitman2238 »

maintanceman........i dont no were you got your info but evan is not playing this year and cody warren played forward for the falcons last year......he moved up about 3 games up into the season.....and minfords defense is only returning one starting defender last year and their goalie

maintenanceman
Riding the Bench

Post by maintenanceman »

hitman,

I was told that Evan was playing next year from some people very close to him, but he may have changed his mind since then.

Cody Warren played center mid in both 'Burg games, though one was the first game of the year.

Huff, Linkous, and Newsome got a lot of time in the back line this year with Huff starting a few times throughout the season. They have a good core of defensive players from the JV team and a budding mid in Huff's little brother. It should be a great year for the Falcons.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

I'm going to say that those Mighty Minford Falcons will be a force next year in the SOC. Lost some really good players but they return alot of talent. Just like Maintenanceman, I had heard that Price was going to come back next year. Wether that is true or not remains to be seen. Time will tell but, Minford should be good next year.

BeAWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by BeAWarrior »

What about the SOC I?

also, does anyone know about coaching vacancies?

pcohio
Varsity

Post by pcohio »

Waverly will have to have some youth step up to have a shot in the SOC II next season...Word is that Boyer (Senior) will be playing at a HS near Dayton next year and not for the Tigers! This will hurt them...

brutally honest
Varsity

Post by brutally honest »

Well Boyer plays his club ball near Dayton(Beavercreek area to be more exact) so that would make his commutes much easier.

maintenanceman
Riding the Bench

Post by maintenanceman »

Don't underestimate Waverly's Freshman class. They have the potential to be one of the best classes in recent SOC history. My top graduating classes in the last 10 years of SOC II would definitely have to be Waverly '06 and Minford '03. Webster of '06 was one of the best SOC I classes during that time.

pcohio
Varsity

Post by pcohio »

Waverly's Freshman class has some talent, but only 2 (maybe 3) will get any Varsity action next season...If these younger guys can step in and fill some big shoes (Barlow, Boyer) than Waverly could be a contender in the SOC II!

maintenanceman
Riding the Bench

Post by maintenanceman »

PC, I hope some of these boys do get varsity experience. I've got a cousin who plays for that class. I'm not sure if it is like this with all of Waverly's youth, but a bunch of these kids have been playing club ball and playing in tournaments for like 4 or 5 years. They've got tons of experience despite the fact that they are only 14 or 15.

pcohio
Varsity

Post by pcohio »

Are you refering to the current Freshmen class or next year's class (current 8th Grade class)?

maintenanceman
Riding the Bench

Post by maintenanceman »

Sorry, next year's freshman class. So that would make them 8th graders currently.

pcohio
Varsity

Post by pcohio »

I agree that there is some talent there, but Waverly didn't lose too many regulars to graduation...So my feeling is there will only be a couple of spots to fill...
I am excited for the season to start...Is it Fall yet??

CHS Sports
Freshman Team

Post by CHS Sports »

[quote="pcohio"]I agree that there is some talent there, but Waverly didn't lose too many regulars to graduation...So my feeling is there will only be a couple of spots to fill...
I am excited for the season to start...Is it Fall yet??[/quote]

i wish...

burgboy
Freshman Team

Post by burgboy »

nobody has said anything about the burg team yet.... how will they do this year with the loss of wes lyon and 3 other starters?

pcohio
Varsity

Post by pcohio »

I know the Burg has had a strong Junior High team the past couple of years, so hopefully they can bring in some of those players...The JV squad looked kind of weak last year, so I don't know how many of them can step into a varsity role.

burgboy
Freshman Team

Post by burgboy »

thats what a lot of people thought last year and look who won the SOC ...burg did...... i look for them to be a strong contender this year.

Return to “Soccer”