Summer

ndc soccer
Freshman Team

Summer

Post by ndc soccer »

How has everyone's summer open fields going?....I know they should be starting up fairly soon, if they haven't already.

Can we post some times and locations?

OVClocal
Freshman Team

Re: Summer

Post by OVClocal »

NDC = notre dame catholic?????, if so i didnt know you all had soccer

ndc soccer
Freshman Team

Post by ndc soccer »

ha no no no......

Not Notre Dame Catholic
Notre Dame College

thenoose
Freshman Team

Post by thenoose »

Minford has already startedd theirs and it's on Tues. and Thurs. if anyone wants to come.It goes on in front of the middle school.If you come up Bond Rd. you can't miss us!!I think we've had about 20-25 players show up!

OVClocal
Freshman Team

Post by OVClocal »

where is NDC located?

Gview
Freshman Team

Post by Gview »

So what do teams in the South/Southeast do to get ready for the season?

I know some have gone to the Ohio Cup, what about the others? What makes it so attractive?

ndc soccer
Freshman Team

Post by ndc soccer »

It's located in South Eculid, Ohio which is a suburb of Cleveland...about 10 mins from The Q and Jac. Field

thenoose
Freshman Team

Post by thenoose »

Gview wrote:So what do teams in the South/Southeast do to get ready for the season?

I know some have gone to the Ohio Cup, what about the others? What makes it so attractive?

I personally know that Minford does and will continue to do a lot of conditioning.Practice everyday and oh yeah some more conditioning!!lol....Ohio Cup is a great experience for a soccer team.This gives you the chance to play against other teams from all over Ohio that otherwise, you would never play.It can also bring on the feeling of playing as a team before the season starts and that helps tremendously.

burgkeep09
Waterboy

Post by burgkeep09 »

yeah burg has been havein open feild as well ...... and they go up to ohio cup every year

Gview
Freshman Team

Post by Gview »

What teams are you playing in the Ohio Cup? Div. 1, Div. 2, Div. 3? What are you getting out of it, other than playing other teams that you wouldn't play?

thenoose
Freshman Team

Post by thenoose »

I'm not too sure but i think Minford was D-3 last year when they went.It seems like your team comes together BEFORE the season and that helps because if you don't play together before the season starts, then you have to waste time into the season to do this.Also, it's a very fun weekend and it lets the boys get out and have some fun!!

burgboy
Freshman Team

Post by burgboy »

I know for the last couple of years that when burg has gone coach Boll has put them in a division higher so that they play better and bigger teams.

Gview
Freshman Team

Post by Gview »

burgboy-How does that help you, when you are up for state awards? Playing bigger (larger Division) teams, that can't help when it comes voting time.

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Post by Philos_Finest »

This will be Philo's second season attending the Ohio Cup. I know Zanesville also goes.

burgboy
Freshman Team

Post by burgboy »

Gview wrote:burgboy-How does that help you, when you are up for state awards? Playing bigger (larger Division) teams, that can't help when it comes voting time.

Im not saying that it only helps me though it does, but for the most part it is for the whole team, so they can get better as well. If you play the same competition all the time its not as good for your team as if you were playing bigger and better teams.

The_Flash_10
Waterboy

Post by The_Flash_10 »

any other leagues, camps, or tournaments that are in the off season?

soccerdude
Waterboy

Post by soccerdude »

Heres my question, how does moving up a division not help you as a team?? If you play in your division, yes you will see some good soccer teams, but division two schools help out even more. For the past few years burg has held their own in this higher division. They usually place 2nd or 3rd from their pool. It has obviously been paying off during the season for burg.

Gview
Freshman Team

Post by Gview »

Playing larger division teams doesn't help. Playing better teams is what helps. Just because you are playing a D2 team or D1 team does not mean that they are helping you out at all. I am talking about playing better teams, not just bigger.

State
Waterboy

Post by State »

soccerdude wrote:Heres my question, how does moving up a division not help you as a team?? If you play in your division, yes you will see some good soccer teams, but division two schools help out even more. For the past few years burg has held their own in this higher division. They usually place 2nd or 3rd from their pool. It has obviously been paying off during the season for burg.

And my question: How many State Titles have 'Burg won? You guys down southeast just don't get it. You need to play better teams, not D1 JV teams.

Just for the record, my school has won 2 State Championships in the last 8 years.

burgboy
Freshman Team

Post by burgboy »

State wrote:
soccerdude wrote:Heres my question, how does moving up a division not help you as a team?? If you play in your division, yes you will see some good soccer teams, but division two schools help out even more. For the past few years burg has held their own in this higher division. They usually place 2nd or 3rd from their pool. It has obviously been paying off during the season for burg.

And my question: How many State Titles have 'Burg won? You guys down southeast just don't get it. You need to play better teams, not D1 JV teams.

Just for the record, my school has won 2 State Championships in the last 8 years.

A little cocky are we? lol

Return to “Soccer”