SOC Coaching Changes?

----
Freshman Team

SOC Coaching Changes?

Post by ---- »

I know West is getting new leadership... Any word on who? or Any other SOC Changes for the fall?

rxburgfan
All State

Re: SOC Coaching Changes?

Post by rxburgfan »

Welcome to the world of education. Most of the time the "school board" is made up of people who get to make no decisions in their own life so they run for school board and "exert their influence". What a crock!

BeAWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by BeAWarrior »

I believe Clay is getting a new coach...Not sure who though.

pcohio
Varsity

Post by pcohio »

School Board voted 5-0 last night to rehire Chris Murphy as the Waverly HS Soccer Coach....Not a "change" but definitely news worthy!

Keegan
Freshman Team

Post by Keegan »

I think that situation was funny because they didn't renew hoping to get a new one and in the end they all vote to keep him there. Amazing how people can just change their mind here is southern Ohio.

pcohio
Varsity

Post by pcohio »

You are right Keegan!
It helped to sway the votes that he was the only person to apply for the position! ;-)

----
Freshman Team

Post by ---- »

Was there any reason not to bring Murphy back?

pcohio
Varsity

Post by pcohio »

Apparently, some of the parents has issues with his method of discipline...I personally have never had a problem with him and I am glad he is back!

----
Freshman Team

Post by ---- »

ahh.... I love the way he coaches. He demands discipline. Parents are parents and just looking out for their "babies", which is normal i guess. I'm glad to see him back.....He is an EXCELLENT coach

pcohio
Varsity

Post by pcohio »

Where are you from "----"?

We still have room for some HS and Adult teams in our 3v3 Live Tournament this Saturday, May 24 at the Pike Co YMCA! Please contact me ASAP to get your team in...740-708-4576 or brian@3v3live.com

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

The first vote was 2-3 to bring him back. They posted the job in house and no-one applied but him. For some reason they did not look outside the district.
After stiff stipulations were put in place on coach Murphy, the 3 who originally voted to non renew voted to give him another year to work it out.

There are definite issues he must work out. It has nothing to do with parents looking out for their babies. It woulod be wise to know what you're talking about before you speak.

----
Freshman Team

Post by ---- »

I just said what usually happens. The SOC has a lot of schools where the parents can run a coach out by saying various complaints. I have known Chris for 10+ years and know he can be extremely tough on players but when it comes down to it he's a great coach. Unless he's done something illegal I couldnt see a reason to get rid of him. Players need that tough love.

thenoose
Freshman Team

Post by thenoose »

Any other changes that have gone on or are going to happen??

----
Freshman Team

Post by ---- »

West is getting a new coach, though I dont know if the job has been awarded yet or not

smoke93
Waterboy

Post by smoke93 »

:razz: I was told that the person that will be taking over my position as Varsity Coach at Portsmouth West will be Mrs. Alisha Davis and I hope I spelled her name right. I would just like to say that I will truly miss coaching at West and being around the wonderful people that are involved in the program. I would also like to say congratulations to Mrs. Davis and I wish her all the luck. Her and her family are very dedicated to the Washington-Nile School District and they will be truly dedicated to the Soccer program as well. Just like to say Thank You to everyone For a GREAT 6 Years!!!!!! :razz: :-D :-D May God Bless!!!

Keegan
Freshman Team

Post by Keegan »

Does Davis have any experience coaching soccer?

----
Freshman Team

Post by ---- »

I know she coached Youth leagues some. I dont know of any high school? Maybe smoke can add on to that

smoke93
Waterboy

Post by smoke93 »

I think she coached at the U14 level a couple years ago.

Senators_soccer
Waterboy

Post by Senators_soccer »

Yea, she did coach in U14 for a couple years.

Keegan
Freshman Team

Post by Keegan »

I believe that Davis will be in shock at the different level of play from U15 to High school. There is a much faster pace and more physical style of play. I hope that she is ready to step up to the plate and not just take the job for the monetary benefits.

Return to “Soccer”