8/26 Waverly vs. Wheelersburg

BeAWarrior
Riding the Bench

Re: 8/26 Waverly vs. Wheelersburg

Post by BeAWarrior »

Father/Son duo???

This brings back memories of New Boston...

ndc soccer
Freshman Team

Post by ndc soccer »

Any good player in the district will know that if any contact is made in the box and they fall it's usually going to result in a PK, esp. with the refs we have......everyone knows how horrible they are...some people are just using that as a advantage.....plus i've said this before if a player has already been awarded a pk and is diving, when he's in the box why dive in and risk getting another one?..just play smart and make him play the ball out of the box...

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

i find it interesting that waverly complaining about the refs. the game was at their place and they hired the refs. also you won the game 3-2. and if you are sure there will be two pks in W'Burg then let's just spot the pirates 2 and start the game from here. soccer fans spend too much time "crying" about refs and it spills over onto the field. for those of you that seemed well versed in soccer rules why don't you referee. i know the local refs would appreciate the help. they are always short handed.

ndc soccer
Freshman Team

Post by ndc soccer »

RxBurgFan just making sure you know i am not in any way a waverly fan..lol

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

It's a great tactic just as "flopping" in basketball, trying to get the charge call. It's called "flopping" when it is obvious, when there is little to even no contact.
Any player should be taught if contacted in the box to make it look worse than it was. A PK should be a sure point.

pcohio
Varsity

Post by pcohio »

I have to disagree that "flopping" is a necessary part of the game that should be taught be coaches! Too many of these kids see Ronaldo fall down every time someone breathes on him and think it is a good tactic...I personally would prefer to see a player use his skill, strength and balance to work through a tackle and make the pass or shot!
Don't get me wrong, if a player is taken down in the box, he SHOULD be awarded a PK, but a kid just falling down because someone touched him in the box is ridiculous!

xb1srw2
Freshman Team

Post by xb1srw2 »

pcohio wrote:Is there a rule that says the clock stops for substitutions in the last minute? If so, I was not aware of that rule...Waverly was attempting to sub with 45 seconds left and the referee signaled for the clock to stop and then allowed the substitution to occur...Never saw that before!
I have to agree about the PK...I saw a lot worse fouls tonight that were not even called (on both sides)!
Huge SOC win for the Tigers...I agree that Waverly dominated possesion and clearly were the better side. The back line of Waverly was able to hold off the "boot and chase" tactics of the Pirates...The match wasn't as close as the score would indicate...

Congratulations Tigers and Coach Murphy on his 100th Win!!!!!

Clock stoppage is a the discretion of the officials. For example, they can choose to stop the clock for goal kicks if there are no ball people, stop the clock for free kicks if they do not want to card a player for delay, etc.

xb1srw2
Freshman Team

Post by xb1srw2 »

soccerfix wrote:IS IT A COINCIDENCE OR IS IT ALWAYS THE SAME SET OF REFS CALLING THE PKS FOR BURG ? THE REFS LAST NIGHT WERE THE SAME FATHER SON DUO THAT CALLED THE GAME AT WHEELERSBURG LAST YEAR!!!!!

If it is the Beaty father and son duo, I have personally never seen them have a bad night, and I have been beaten by plenty of teams while they were officiating. Never had a beef with the officiating though.
Although I think now only one of the sons is reffing, so it may not have been them.

t10
Waterboy

Post by t10 »

everyone gets lucky every once and a while...

Return to “Soccer”