8/26 Waverly vs. Wheelersburg

pcohio
Varsity

8/26 Waverly vs. Wheelersburg

Post by pcohio »

Any thoughts and/or predicitions on this match?
Should be a good one!!

ssusoccer
Varsity

Re: 8/26 Waverly vs. Wheelersburg

Post by ssusoccer »

Should be a great one!
Sad to say that depending on who is officiating can determine the outcome. Hopefully no PKs, and teams can get into a flow of the match and make it enjoyable for everyone. Good luck to both squads, and have a injury free match.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Banddad- I couldn't agree with you more. Officiating in this area can be downright awful, but it's something I won't complain about too much, as I wouldn't want to do that thankless job. I've tried it and it's not for me, LOL, but some of the refs in our area seem to think that everyone is their to watch them.

Good Luck to both teams on a clean match.

B1OHIO
Riding the Bench

Post by B1OHIO »

I wish I could make this one, I agree it should be exciting. What is the status of waverly's defence reguarding injured players? That could be the difference. If waverly is forced to play less experienced and slower players on defence, I believe Burgs two forwards will give them trouble. Although Burgs front line doesn't seem to be playing well as a team. The individual talent of those players makes it possible for them to score on the long balls when facing an inexperienced defence.

Sports_Tracker
Freshman Team

Post by Sports_Tracker »

This is going to be one of the "Must See" matches this year. Good luck to both teams. May the best team win! See you there!

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

WAVERLY'S DEFENSE MIGHT BE LIKE THEIR FOOTBALL TEAM'S. WITH BLANFORD THEY WILL SCORE, BUT THEY WILL PROBABLY GIVE UP SOME GOALS TO THE BETTER TEAMS UNTIL THEY ARE ALL HEALTHY.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

should be a good match. waverly has a good program and so does w'burg. who scores first could be key to match. in the past w'burg has been a big defensive team. have not seen them this year. waverly front line will be solid, but senior leaders in the back for w'burg will be tough to beat. wish i could be there. maybe for the rematch.

pcohio
Varsity

Post by pcohio »

The back line of Waverly is definitely the key to this match! Having Harrison Martin back in the center of defense will be a huge boost...
Prediction time!: Waverly 3 - Burg 1

socman
Varsity

Post by socman »

I'm going to go out on a limb here. I think this will finally be the year that Waverly will get Burg pretty good. I'm going with Waverly 5 Burg 1. Too much speed for this years Wheelersburg team.

B1OHIO
Riding the Bench

Post by B1OHIO »

Burg 3 Waverly 2 IMO

Keegan
Freshman Team

Post by Keegan »

The last weather forecast I saw had some chances of rain for the area today. I think this could factor into the outcome of the game, if we get the rain. I think the rain would play advantage to to wheelersburg, but if no rain then it will still be a good game.

I look for this to be a close match, actually too close to call, but I will say it will end in a draw 2-2

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

FINAL SCORE WAVERLY 3 WHEELERSBURG 2.
ANOTHER PHANTOM PK FOR BURG, AND A SWING AND MISS BY THE WAVERLY KEEPER WERE THE GOALS FOR BURG. EASILY COULD HAVE BEEN 4-0, DOMINATION BY THE TIGERS, NO REAL OFFENSIVE THREAT BY BURG.

pcohio
Varsity

Post by pcohio »

Is there a rule that says the clock stops for substitutions in the last minute? If so, I was not aware of that rule...Waverly was attempting to sub with 45 seconds left and the referee signaled for the clock to stop and then allowed the substitution to occur...Never saw that before!
I have to agree about the PK...I saw a lot worse fouls tonight that were not even called (on both sides)!
Huge SOC win for the Tigers...I agree that Waverly dominated possesion and clearly were the better side. The back line of Waverly was able to hold off the "boot and chase" tactics of the Pirates...The match wasn't as close as the score would indicate...

Congratulations Tigers and Coach Murphy on his 100th Win!!!!!

socman
Varsity

Post by socman »

Waverly was up 3-0 at half.
Congrats Coach on your 100th win.

pcohio
Varsity

Post by pcohio »

Match was AT Waverly, so I imagine it will be a different game when we travel to the Burg....Probably at least two penalties at their place...

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

LAST YEAR WAVERLY LOST TO BURG ON TWO PENALTY KICKS AT WHEELERSBURG. IT SEEMS THAT THEY HAVE MORE PKS IN ONE GAME THAN WHAT WAVERLY GETS IN A SEASON.

soccerdude
Waterboy

Post by soccerdude »

First of all, if u think that burg was the only one with a garbage goal your wrong. There was a ball that got in and bounced around alot until finished by a waverly player. I dont understand why everybody always questions the PKs for the burg. These games don't matter to the refs, they don't care who wins. The PK last night was definately a good call. It was a clear tackle from behind after the ball had already been pushed forward. Burg played much better in the second half after a first half with a couple defensive breakdowns. I honestly think that burg out played waverly in the second half. The rematch at burg should be interesting. I cant wait!!

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

IS IT A COINCIDENCE OR IS IT ALWAYS THE SAME SET OF REFS CALLING THE PKS FOR BURG ? THE REFS LAST NIGHT WERE THE SAME FATHER SON DUO THAT CALLED THE GAME AT WHEELERSBURG LAST YEAR!!!!!

Return to “Soccer”