Marietta @ Logan 9/11/08

play-on
Waterboy

Marietta @ Logan 9/11/08

Post by play-on »

Logan 2
Marietta 0

Kurt Geiger 1, assist Michael Meadows
LJ Funk 1, assist Michael Meadows (off free kick)

Several great saves in goal by Sophomore phenomenon Derek Montgomery. Next match for Logan is 9/16 @ Warren

brutally honest
Varsity

Re: Marietta @ Logan 9/11/08

Post by brutally honest »

Phenomenon? Wow, I think posts about that kid get crazier every time.

soccernut
Freshman Team

Post by soccernut »

Marietta came out flat the first half and logan had the best of them. Marietta played really well on Monday, and it looked like a totally different team out there tonight. Teenagers i guess.

The young defense left people unmarked, and they took advantage.

1-0 at half time. Logan scored early in the second half. Marietta started playing better but couldn't finish(our problem all year). We had a one on one with the goalie and couldn't put it in. We have been out playing teams 2 to 3 shots to 1 and getting a tie. I will be curious to see how many shots each team had tonight. I think it may have been close on that stat. But that's not what counts!!!

Congratulations to Logan they are a very good team. I don't know who he was but they had a guy playing midfield that was very good with the ball.

We play chilly at home on Tuesday night. Hope we can play better.

play-on
Waterboy

Post by play-on »

Midfielder for Logan is #17, Michael Meadows (senior). Good luck against Chillicothe. I believe that all/most of their wins have been by one goal. Mark their two forward speedsters and it should make for an interesting match.

Bucknuts
JV Team

Post by Bucknuts »

Well done Logan. Nice win.

The SEOAL is starting to get very interesting. Chillicothe still has trips to Marietta and Logan, with Jackson at home.

Two speedsters at forward at Chillicothe? I would say that might be exaggerating a bit. Decent team speed, but overall not a really fast team. More ball control oriented.

3 of 6 of Chillicothe's wins have come by one goal, all SEOAL opponents. (Jackson, Warren, and Logan) The other wins have been 4-0, 4-0, and 5-1.

Anyone know where the Chilly / Logan game on Sept 30th will be played? (Mingo or the new field)

soccernut
Freshman Team

Post by soccernut »

When we were there last night they said that they were trying to get the track laid down in time for the football game to be played (its all about football).

So I would assume from that that the game on the 30th would be at the new field.

Bucknuts
JV Team

Post by Bucknuts »

thanks...

Return to “Soccer”