WAVERLY @ THE BURG

ssusoccer
Varsity

Re: WAVERLY @ THE BURG

Post by ssusoccer »

I hope that it was a very nice crowd at the game to support these two good teams.
Wheelersburg is a very tough place to play and win, especially late in the year after a few football games have occurred.
Good luck to both teams the rest of the way.

neuron1
Waterboy

Post by neuron1 »

I knew there would be more excuses.
No PKs so lets complain about the field.
Fact - Wheelersburg's field is longer than most , 116 long. The 10 yard line is the top of the box.
Might be longer than Waverly's. The Field is only about 2 yards less in width than Waverly's.

Sports_Tracker
Freshman Team

Post by Sports_Tracker »

Not sure many realize it but Burg does not practice on this field. They practice at the Rec league fields on Hayport Rd. Don't believe they have seen much time at all at the stadium field except for other home games they have played. Not much for a home field advantage.

pcohio
Varsity

Post by pcohio »

I'm not making excuses and I'm not blaming it on the field...I was just saying that the Waverly coaches should have adapted their formation to the conditions!
I don't know the exact dimensions of Waverly's field, but Burg's field is A LOT smaller than Waverly's....Is that 2 yards less in width on each side?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

pcohio said, "I was just saying that the Waverly coaches should have adapted their formation to the conditions!"

You shouldn't say coaches, pc. Chris Murphy is the head coach and should be making those in game changes. Lack of doing so has cost Waverly more games than last night.

pcohio
Varsity

Post by pcohio »

Yes, Tigers2010, we know you are not a big fan of Murphy!
His coaching has actually WON a lot of matches as well!

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

On the one side of the field, Wheelersburg matches every bit of the width of extension at Waverly. The other side is short due to the drainage ditch at Burg. At Waverly the touchline is taken it out further on the homestands side than on the away stands side which is why the goals don't center with the goal posts. And that side does add about two yards, no more than three over Wheelersburg's width. Both are on a football field so to say one is longer than then the other is silly.

But I shouldn't really explain this because if Waverly actually realized they were not really playing on significantly smaller field, it wouldn't get in their heads so much and affect their play like it seems to. :122249

At Minford, they DO get to play on a bigger field than what they are use to so they should do really well.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

pcohio, you brought it up not me. You were the one saying the "coaches" should have done this or that. I simply pointed out it falls on the shoulders of the head coach which is true. It has nothing to do with me so I don't understand your non fan comment - that has nothing to do with it.

pcohio
Varsity

Post by pcohio »

Sorry...guess I should have said Waverly coach

Return to “Soccer”